Thread: PO Box! :)

Default PO Box! :)

I have just opened my very own PO Box (post office box) for just short of 50.. Pricey, but I'm soooooo happy!

I didn't think it worked so easy, all you do is go in and fill in a application form, pay your money and they give you a number for your box a few days later.

I bought this to get nappies delievered, you simply go into your local sorting office and they pass you everything thats been delivered to your box! So much easier, just wait until my parents are out and bring the box in.

This probarbly didn't deserve it's own thread, but I'm happy sooo

Did they ask for name/ age verification? Just curious, as I may do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk View Post
    Did they ask for name/ age verification? Just curious, as I may do the same.
    Name yes, but what does that matter really? :P

No age verification, as far as I'm aware solong as you have the funds to pay you can open a PO box at any age.

Quote Originally Posted by RedApple View Post
    Name yes, but what does that matter really? :P

No age verification, as far as I'm aware solong as you have the funds to pay you can open a PO box at any age.
    Forgot to post, they do require proof of address though. I used my driving licence.

Gah, someone please merge these posts and don't shout at me - Sorry!!!

Just checked for you, the website says you have to apply by sending an application form to their head office - I did all mine at the post office. The minimum age is 16, they require your address but assured me nothinggets sent to my house at all unless I request it to be sent.

Take a look at the FAQ: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...0&catId=600006
    Last edited by Peachy; 08-Feb-2009 at 10:42. Reason: meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerged :D

Just make sure the carrier ships to PO boxes before ordering. At least in the USA, not all carriers will.

50 is a bit of a hefty price to pay. How long do you plan to keep it for? Also, I'm not too sure about this but is it big enough to hold parcels? I've never really did anything fancy with the royal mail other than letter letters come through my letter box.

Quote Originally Posted by UnMarth View Post
    50 is a bit of a hefty price to pay. How long do you plan to keep it for? Also, I'm not too sure about this but is it big enough to hold parcels? I've never really did anything fancy with the royal mail other than letter letters come through my letter box.
    I went half with a friend with lets say has a bit of a kinky side.. She thinks I want it for letters from college that I don't want my parents to see though - Plus, I have to go collect her stuff so she will never know it's all good.

They accept parcels of any size, but nothing from couriers, so you would have to make sure it was being sent via Royal Mail otherwise they would reject it.

48.25 I think it was for 6 months, or 60 odd for 12 months.