Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Folding tips for a newbie, on cloth diapers with cloth inserts?

Default Folding tips for a newbie, on cloth diapers with cloth inserts?

Anyone?

I know there are several on here that use cloth. Only ones that's coming to me right off the bat is Dogboy & Krone6. If no one comments on this after a few days, you might shoot them a message.

I use cloth all the time. what kind of cloth diapers are you using? I use a few different kinds. You best friend is YouTube and just googling different websites for how to fold cloth diapers. That's what I did.

...say it ain't so paddedwolf!?!? I didn't know that you used cloth. I shall put that in my little memory bank, and point people in your direction in the future.

don't? Cloth to me isn't all that appealing. I don't like the smell or feeling of wet cloth. But I am sure there are resources for you to find out there.

I use gauze pre-folds, so there's no folding involved. I just pin the corners. I have a 32" waist and I find the small sized gauze works well, with very little overage. Medium size is just a bit large on me, though I have some of those as well.

Unless you have some exotic variety of cloth diaper, you can probably just lay the inserts into where the most absorbent part of the diaper is meant to be after you've folded the rest of it to shape. Fold the diaper, lay the inserts in where they need to be, put on diaper.

Does that make sense, or am I doing that thing where I see stuff in my head that's not making it to text?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    ...say it ain't so paddedwolf!?!? I didn't know that you used cloth. I shall put that in my little memory bank, and point people in your direction in the future.
    Yup, I wear cloth almost every night. I only wear disposables on special occupations and when they are more convenient, like going to a AB/DL meet up of some kind. I save a lot of money that way and at my current situation, I don't have any laundering costs. (living with my mom). I also think they are a lot more comfortable over all.

I apologize, let me elaborate a little bit more on the subject. I'm using Pre-Fold diapers from "Changing Times" with two toddler size pre-folds for extra padding. I've been all over google and YouTube, the best I can find are folds you'd use on an actual toddler, which is what's kinda working for me right now, as well as one or two diaper vendors which gives one or two examples, but I didn't find them to work well. I don't know, maybe I'm putting too much effort into something that needs no effort at all. Considering I'm from the disposable diaper era, the only reason why I'm using cloth, is for a better chance of not leaking while laying down. I figured, who better to pose a question about tips on "hold to fold" diapers, than actual like-minded people who would possibly know better than anyone else.

Ah, I think I misread your post before then. Prefolds really are pretty easy, actually. Basically fold them longways, then pull out the wings so you have something to pin together. This page should give you the idea. The only tricky part is getting the size right, especially long-ways. Play with it a bit, and I think as you get a better feel for pinning/securing it and whatnot you'll find they'll work better for you.