Wearing Diaper Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I wear diapers at night I will wake up needing to go and I will just use it and go back to sleep or I will wet while I am asleep. I do wake up dry most mornings but sometimes I will use my diaper and go to bed while it is wet.

Sometimes i wake up and just go, sometimes i wake up wet, and sometimes i wake up during that is always interesting, i never stop it though it feels so good.

I don't know if I am alone in this, but as a girl when I pee it totally floods the front of my nappy and yet the back is totally dry! I have to lay down to pee to make it go to the back and then I feel confident that I can pee at the front the rest of the time. Makes for a totally wet nappy all over. Good when I'm in bed and wet.

Parababe123 said:
I don't know if I am alone in this, but as a girl when I pee it totally floods the front of my nappy and yet the back is totally dry! I have to lay down to pee to make it go to the back and then I feel confident that I can pee at the front the rest of the time. Makes for a totally wet nappy all over. Good when I'm in bed and wet.

That's just how gravity and wicking work, guy or gal. You really can't "make use" out of the padding in the back unless you are laying on your back. Then it serves as a large reservoir so you don't have to get up several times during the night. (works for me!, I'm "filled close to the banks" most mornings)

That totally depends, It's not always wet when I wake up I'd say 5/10 times. It's always a great feeling when I do though. But if I do wake up i'm not going to make a trip to the bathroom I just go back to sleep.

Only time I change my diaper at night if it's so wet it leaks. I'm usually wear plastic pants to avoid leakage.

NigelM said:
I don't usually wear at night, it gets really warm and uncomfortable

I know! I really want to wear at night but every time I do, I just get all sweaty and itchy down there. :(

Do you use baby powder? That helps me, especially talcum powder.

perlFerret said:
I know! I really want to wear at night but every time I do, I just get all sweaty and itchy down there. :(

I dump on a pretty generous amount of cornstarch down there before diapering up. And then I shake some talc under my diaper wings on my hips. Stays nice and cool.

Though diapers without rear elastic can start to get a bit itchy high on my back sometimes. It's more difficult to get talc there.

I find that Dependeco AIOs stay cool during the night. Only place it really gets warm is in the crotch but that's mild if anything.

I have severe overactive bladder and urge incontinence as a result of cauda equina syndrome and have been diapered 24/7 since 2006. My bladder contractions and wetting or feeling that I am about to wet wake me up several times each night. It took me awhile to adjust to wearing diapers and wetting them at night, and sleeping was difficult. After several months however, I grew accustomed to my diapers and can generally go back to sleep. I do struggle with chronic fatigue since the bladder contractions wake me up, but the diapers are fine. In fact, I sleep better with the diapers on since I don't worry about wetting the bed.

I am diapered every night now and have been wet every morning , I used to wake up to go pee several time a night now I just wet and get a much better nights sleep, a nice wet diaper is very comfy for me.

chamberpot said:
i am diapered every night now and have been wet every morning , i used to wake up to go pee several time a night now i just wet and get a much better nights sleep, a nice wet diaper is very comfy for me.

THiS.

I love it to go to bed diapered. Its an amazing feeling for me. So, mostly i wear my diaper if i'm sleeping and that i'm peeing happens not so often. But when i do so mostly in the morning.

I wear the same one all night. I like sleeping in a wet diaper.

Parababe123 said:

I have the exact same problem (Although I am a man). I was told that the nappy (Abena M4) was too high absorbancy for my needs, so tried other alternatives. Lower capacity in the Abena, resulted in leaks, so then I tried the Tena Slip maxi (with and without booster pads). With the booster pads, in both the Tena and the Abena, I got much more even coverage. I even had less gushing, since the booster pads took up the gush and then spread it evenly over the pad. I am stress and spasmodic bladder incontinent (Couldn't cope with side effects of the drugs used to treat it so went to pads, pants and nappies)

For me, the best combination was (From inside out) 2 booster pads (Lille front and back) followed by Lille Maxi Pants and then Tena Maxi slip (My partner puts these on for me as I am not able to do the tabs up) The other option is 2 Booster pads and the Abena M4 (Did work, just needed the booster pads to spread the build up of urine).

The Abena combination can keep me going for up to 11-15 hours during the day and is best at night for me, since it rarely, if ever leaks from the side and I sleep on my side most of the night). The Tena set up is less reliable and tends to leak from the side (The girth on one leg is much larger than on the other, which adds to the leak risk).but still get a good 5 hours before I need to change.

Recently I came across a pair of paints, which has the waterproof plastic built into a cotton fabric. This is significantly reduced the leak risk with the Tena, since the inside of the pant gets wet first. I tend to feel it wicking at the waist and can react before it becomes noticable (I mostly work from home, which is an advantage).

Recently, I came across the Changing Places (UK) http://www.changing-places.org/ which provides changing facilities for the those that cannot use a conventional toilet. They have transformed my life when out and about.

Hope this helps.

I have come so content with wearing my diaper at night, that I really cannot see me NOT wearing when I go to bed. While it is very much still the work in progress in freely wetting during the night, the comfort of being all bulked up in my pullup for the night gives me such blissful satisfaction

I have slept in a wet diaper many times in fact I like the diaper wet. I have also slept in a poop in it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back