Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
As I type this, I am in SO MUCH PAIN!

I am 18 and my wisdom teeth started coming through a few months ago, been a little painful, the right one seemed to surface first and now the left one is coming through and it is so painful I hate it.

I was woken at 6am this morning from this b***h and have pretty much been in pain since, been trying to fight it like a man I am lol.

I don't have any teething products but I do have my pacifier which does help a little bit.

Just a word of warning to anyone who hasn't had them come through yet you better get ready.

My wisdom teeth are a mess. One came through after the tooth next to it was pulled; I believe this is the only one that came through normally. The other top one made it most of the way through, but as far as I know not fully. The bottom two are impacted, but nevertheless have emerged through the gums somewhat, one more than the other; thanks to it I have a hole in my gums that gets filled with food. My mother doesn't believe in wisdom tooth removal - she had a bad experience with it - and thus I didn't get the impacted ones taken when I was in my teens. I don't have any dental insurance now, but luckily they don't give me too much trouble besides occasional pain. That one with the hole in my gums is probably rotting though.

Mine were a mess too, but I was fortunate enough that I never suffered much from them. All 4 ruptured through my gums at the same time. I discovered it when I was at an ice cream social thing at the park. I was eating the ice cream, and thought, "Mmm... what's that behind my teeth?... This ice cream doesn't have nuts..."

Basically all 4 had ruptured, and I was feeling them with my tongue. Dentist wouldn't touch me, since his x-rays showed two of them had roots with a nerve wrapped around them. Two of them were also half under my molars.

I've having a different kind of pain right now caused by a tumor in my spine. I know the agony. It sucks to be hurting to bad, and no way to make it stop. I hope you get to feeling better soon and can get some relief. Hopefully, you can get into a dentist or oral surgeon tomorrow. If the pain gets too bad, you might have to go to the ER for some pain pills, or see if you're parents will get you a shot of some whiskey or something like that. ( I'm not encouraging underage drinking. But done responsibly, under the supervision of a parent, some alcohol consumption will help to ease the pain.)

I never had mine come in. I am either lucky or lack wisdom.

Instead of a paci there are teething rings that you use for teething babies. You stick them in the fridge and bite down on them for relief. Might work.

Ohh yes. If you can't find relief any other way, use zipperless's advice. I knew a few that used those. They said it helped them. (They weren't AB / DL so they didn't want to do it, but were willing to try anything. It helped some.

Some people are lucky to have their wisdom teeth mine had to be surgically removed. They were coming in at a angle and pressing my other teeth... Man that was so painful

Mattew said:
Dentist wouldn't touch me, since his x-rays showed two of them had roots with a nerve wrapped around them. Two of them were also half under my molars.
I had the same problem but luckily it turned out to my advantage. My wisdom teeth were surgically removed but because the nerves were tangled around the roots the nerves were so traumatized that my jaw was numb for a couple of weeks and I didn't need any pain pills.

Don't remember much about having mine removed. I think I was 18 and I just remember the doctor saying I was cool as a cucumber before I knocked out.

I had only three of them and they were coming in sideways. So they where pushing all of my teeth forward. I had to have them removed because my front teeth hurt so bad.

The one trick is to suck on new Black Tea bags. For some reason it sooths the discomfort.

Egor

Mine haven't come through yet. Its got me terrified because of the horror stories and my recent X-rays showing them growing in at odd angles. Kind of feels like having a ticking time bomb in my mouth. :sweatdrop:

Mine were surgically removed. Two of them were impacted at right angles against my molars. The operation wasn't bad, but the unhelpful surgical center staff didn't seem to care when insurance somehow didn't see the medical need to get them removed.

Drifter said:
I had the same problem but luckily it turned out to my advantage. My wisdom teeth were surgically removed but because the nerves were tangled around the roots the nerves were so traumatized that my jaw was numb for a couple of weeks and I didn't need any pain pills.

Yeah, I never needed any pain pills either. I guess I had a similar thing happening in my mouth. I remember the dentist examining my mouth and looking at the x-ray, and then saying, "...how much pain are you in right now?" Me: "None, actually. I can feel the pressure of those two that are partially under my other molars, as they come up. But no real pain."

Dentist was amazed. Said he'd never seen someone come in before with all 4 ruptured, and didn't know that they'd emerged, and he'd definitely never seen someone with all 4 coming in with no pain.

Well all day my mouth has been hurting on and off and hopefully it's not as bad tomorrow and I'll go from there, many years ago I had my top two molars removed because I got large ulcers and that wasn't so bad.

Oooh, I feel your pain mate. I had one come out a few weeks ago, all I can say is that they friggin hurt.

Mattew said:
Mine were a mess too, but I was fortunate enough that I never suffered much from them. All 4 ruptured through my gums at the same time. I discovered it when I was at an ice cream social thing at the park. I was eating the ice cream, and thought, "Mmm... what's that behind my teeth?... This ice cream doesn't have nuts..."

Basically all 4 had ruptured, and I was feeling them with my tongue. Dentist wouldn't touch me, since his x-rays showed two of them had roots with a nerve wrapped around them. Two of them were also half under my molars.

I've having a different kind of pain right now caused by a tumor in my spine. I know the agony. It sucks to be hurting to bad, and no way to make it stop. I hope you get to feeling better soon and can get some relief. Hopefully, you can get into a dentist or oral surgeon tomorrow. If the pain gets too bad, you might have to go to the ER for some pain pills, or see if you're parents will get you a shot of some whiskey or something like that. ( I'm not encouraging underage drinking. But done responsibly, under the supervision of a parent, some alcohol consumption will help to ease the pain.)

Oh Mattew, I'm sorry to hear about the tumor in your spine. I had a benign tumor in my spine and it had grown around the nerves. The pain was unbearable, and I was becoming paralyzed from the waist down. A neurosurgeon removed the tumor successfully though it took a long time to recover. I actually lost the ability to pee and had to catheterize myself for about six weeks before things kicked in and started working. I hope your situation isn't as dire as mine was. I'm fine now, however. I assume you've seen a doctor and/or surgeon?

dogboy said:
Oh Mattew, I'm sorry to hear about the tumor in your spine. I had a benign tumor in my spine and it had grown around the nerves. The pain was unbearable, and I was becoming paralyzed from the waist down. A neurosurgeon removed the tumor successfully though it took a long time to recover. I actually lost the ability to pee and had to catheterize myself for about six weeks before things kicked in and started working. I hope your situation isn't as dire as mine was. I'm fine now, however. I assume you've seen a doctor and/or surgeon?

Thanks. Sorry to hear you've been through this too. Yeah, it really does suck. ...yeah...I've heard others talk about having to cath yourself...that's sort of my biggest fear right now...doctor has told me it's there. I was in pain for months & didn't know why. I haven't spoken with a surgeon yet. I'm supposed to have a surgical consult soon. They're supposed to call me with an appointment.

Mattew said:
Thanks. Sorry to hear you've been through this too. Yeah, it really does suck. ...yeah...I've heard others talk about having to cath yourself...that's sort of my biggest fear right now...doctor has told me it's there. I was in pain for months & didn't know why. I haven't spoken with a surgeon yet. I'm supposed to have a surgical consult soon. They're supposed to call me with an appointment.

Again, sorry. The sooner you can get this handled, the better. Tumors have a way of growing. My surgeon said that benign tumors grow very slowly, and that mine could have been there for 20 years. Get the best neurosurgeon you can find. Mine was a brain surgeon as well. Other doctors watched the operation, so it's an interesting one.

Whether you can pee afterwards depends on how low the tumor is in your spine. Mine was very low. Hopefully your's isn't that far down on the spine. Even though I was inconvenienced for more than a month, things did finally kick in. When I couldn't pee, I also couldn't sexually perform, so there is that.....sigh. That kicked in as well, so it was a double Hallelujah moment.

dogboy said:
Whether you can pee afterwards depends on how low the tumor is in your spine. Mine was very low. Hopefully your's isn't that far down on the spine. Even though I was inconvenienced for more than a month, things did finally kick in. When I couldn't pee, I also couldn't sexually perform, so there is that.....sigh. That kicked in as well, so it was a double Hallelujah moment.

...umm how low was yours?...mine's on L5...last lumbar...just looked at a pic to refresh my memory on anatomy. Yours was in the sacral? ...not being able to pee or masterbate will be deeply depressing...

Dentist has been trying to convince me to let them extract my wisdom teeth. I'm 33. My lowers are partially erupted. Uppers are not at all erupted. None of them bother me at all. But, the dentist is convinced that if we don't get them out now, then when I'm 50-something I'll be in excruciating pain and my 12-year molars and part of my jaw will be decayed and destroyed because of the wisdom teeth and bla bla blah.

We'll see how I'm feeling next time I go to the dentist. Thus far, I'm 33 and those teeth are in fine shape and don't bother me at all.

CookieMonstah said:
As I type this, I am in SO MUCH PAIN!

I feel you man. My wisdoms all came in this last year. And to make matters worse, I have a MASSIVE cavity in the top of my lower-left wisdom tooth. I get stuff like popcorn and random food bits caught in it all the time and it hurts like the dickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back