Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ireland

Default Hello from Ireland

Hello everyone,

I'm not very sure where to start here, so I'll just type and see what happens. I've been looking around the internet for a while now to find a forum where I would be comfortable discussing my personal interest in being in diapers. (Being from Ireland, nappy would be the more used term for diapers, so if I end up typing nappy I apologise - I notice that Diaper Lover is the more used term). And, this seems to be the forum that offers a supportive environment and active, clear discussion.

Me - well, I'm a male in my mid-twenties. Part of me has always wanted to wear and be comfortable using nappies/diapers. This is not something I have ever discussed with anyone. I do not feel that I could declare this to my family or friends. I would feel grossly embarrassed and have no idea how they would react to it. I also feel to a certain extent that this comfort in wearing nappies/diapers could be highly misjudged in Ireland, by a considerable number of people.

I can still remember being maybe roughly two and half/three years and still having a nappy. This must have been very close to when I was about to be toilet trained. When I was growing up and then my younger brother, my parents referred to our nappies as 'wet' or then 'dirty' if we had pooped in them. I recall being on the floor messing with a baby lego type toy and my mam saying something like "Have you done a dirty?" before coming over to me, leaning me over and sniffing my bum and then saying "Yep, you've done a dirty". I also remember another occasion where I'd just lay down on the bedroom floor, and her taking perhaps jeans I was wearing off, smiling at me and then tearing the two tapes off the front of my nappy and opening it up. These memories have always stuck with me for some reason.

I've always wanted to wear nappies/diapers, perhaps since my early teens, and at one stage bought some of the largest size I could find in a supermarket in order to wear at night, and wore them three nights in a row. I felt comfortable in them, but I didn't want to make a habit of it in case my parents or brother found out.

But, recently, I decided I wanted to see what wearing and using diapers/nappies was like, did research, and bought pull up adult type ones. They weren't great. They didn't feel overly comfortable and I think I bought a size too big. I recently discovered a more 'baby type' nappy, for the want of a better term though in a large pharmacy chain across Ireland, Boots Pharmacy. They are of the sort where there are tapes on the front, I can adjust them to fit me, they absorb my urine very well, haven't leaked and I feel very comfortable even after I've peed in them. I also feel a bit more of a baby in them.

I've wore them once in a while at night recently, hiding them away from the rest of the family. But given that nobody was around this weekend (I live with my parents and brother), I decided to wear them from yesterday evening through to this morning, changing them as and when I needed to, and I am very happy having done that. I feel totally comfortable peeing in them and changing myself, and I intend on going out and purchasing a new packet today, more baby wipes, and doing the same this evening while nobody is here. I also never wear them outside the house. So, I would class myself as a Diaper Lover. As for being an adult baby, well I've never used any other baby type things, like clothes or toys etc, but I would like to perhaps go down that route someday, but certainly not for as long as I live here.

So, I guess that the best place for me to start would be the diapering or stories forums.

I hope that gives you some idea of who I am and my interest as a 'diaper lover' and I look forward to interesting discussion with you.

All the best,
    Last edited by DictionaryA; 19-Apr-2015 at 09:16.

Hi DictionaryA. That was a very nice introduction. Welcome to the ABDL community. We are very supportive on this site. I think you'll like it here. Good luck on purchasing new diapers today. What other interests/activities do you have? Me, for instance, I am a coffee snob. Love buying fresh roasted coffees from local roasters - grinding and french pressing at home. Also must have my espresso every morning.

Hope to learn more about you

Hi Little2Roo.

I share your love of coffee. Where would life be without coffee? I'm a Nespresso person, and I just like plain and simple black Americano or espresso. Needs to be strong. Not into any flavoured coffees, or any sort of cappuccino, etc. Coffee is actually the only hot drink I properly enjoy!

Welcome to ADISC!

We have people all over, some use the term nappy and some use diaper. I am sure most people on ADISC (me included) have no problem in using both nappy and diaper. So...just use whichever term you feel comfortable using.

Thanks BabyDenise! They've always been nappies to me, so I'll just stick with that term.

And was thinking earlier Little2Roo, you've put my love of coffee in my head in this thread! So, the plan for in the morning... getting up about 20 minutes earlier and making a good strong coffee, and sitting up in bed relaxing drinking it still snug in my nighttime nappy

Another thing I enjoy too actually is a good swim in the evening or at the weekend down at the local pool to relax!

what a lovely introduction! I have always wanted to visit Ireland! I listen to a lot of Irish folk and contemporary music. It sure is interesting that we are all over the world and share this interest. I would love to here more from you!

I can't believe it, you swim too?! I LOVE swimming. Used to be a competitive swimmer in high school.

Yes, my morning routine involves waking about 1 hour earlier than I need to, so I can make espresso / coffee, read email, social media, and drink more coffee. You are a man after my own heart.

Next you are going to tell me you love single malt scotches.

Thanks Paddedwolf. Certainly, I love my country too. Dublin is one fantastic city to live in, and I love getting out of the city too for a nice day trip to see some of the sights and other cities. It would certainly be worth a visit someday!

And yes Little2roo, love my swimming too. Like yourself I used to compete before I left school down at the local swimming club. Went ahead with my idea of having a coffee in bed this morning. Good strong americano with an extra shot, still in my pjs and overnight nappy. Wet my nappy a little more then got up. Great relaxing start to the day. Might have to do that again tomorrow! If you've never done that before I highly recommend!

But don't share your love of a single malt scotch. Guinness, or a nice glass of white wine for me!

That's ok, I can forgive you, especially since you like Guiness which I love, too. And yes, I drink my coffee and wet a few times in the morning in my footed PJs and night diaper. It is warm and comforting. Would love to visit Ireland someday, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I know this is a stereotypical question to ask, so forgive me, but do you red hair? I do have red hair so I feel I can ask.

Hey there DictionaryA ... Boy what an intro... have you been makin out with the blarney stone? Just kidding. Well done and welcome. I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting things to discuss...oh and I also share a taste for Guiness.