Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Packaging, does it matter that much?

Lightbulb Packaging, does it matter that much?

So I saw that thread for the new amors, and while they do indeed look completely amazing, propel were almost as impressed with the plastic bags the came in. While the bags do look very nice, it's really just a shipping and containment container when it comes down to it. I was honestly quite surprised that people were going that nuts over packaging, it's not a bad thing, it's just really interesting. Usually, abdl diapers come in plain clear sacks, but now they seem to come in even more detailed and nice packaging. While it's cool and cute, I really don't see the point as these aren't sold in stores where packaging would be a big deal to rope the consumer in.

While decorative packaging is always pleasing to the eye, my prime need is "description" of the product. This is especially true when making decisions as to which pullup and pad product while give me maximum amount of saturation. The coloring of the package is really of no concern to me but a detailed picture on the product is of great importance however. This even applies to when I am looking at things like "goodnights" that I might be able to squeeze into or even baby diapers that I may be able to fashion into boosters.

Well the reason why diapers in the mail get nicer packaging is because they have to undergo more potential abuse to get to you. You see the supplier wants to make sure the diapers don't get damaged in transit correct? So they tend to use better packaging to make sure they don't get damaged. As for the advertising well because the business has fewer ways to advertise (such as someone selling AB diapers because they want to be discreet in order to not scare away the customers for example) so companies like that definitely would use every opportunity to advertise discreetly.

Ironically I use packaging after I get the diapers out for a very useful purpose. You see I use them to package already soiled diapers in order to contain the smell because they are a plastic bag when one thinks about it. So I tend to "recycle" that for a purpose that I simply need to do in order to be courteous to other people anyways.

I think for some it's because most don't have a fancy little package on them, and this might make them feel more like it's a package of infant / toddler diapers which does have stuff on the package? Maybe? Not sure. I know lots of people loved the Snuggies packages when they first came out. I'm guessing it's something like that. It's just someone special / new / not normally done.

The only thing about Snuggies and the new DC Amor packaging is the fact that they look nice to display.

I don't think many ABDLs are going to be buying bad diapers because of great packaging but a good diaper with better packaging is going to generate some positive feelings and possibly more purchases.

Great packaging doesn't mean a thing if the diapers are crap. All it is ultimately is eye candy.

Packaging is like the cherry on an ice cream sunday. It doesn't really matter, but if you've got something that's already really, it adds that extra little bit to make it great.

Maybe some abdl's can use the packaging as a hand bag or carrying case XD

I love seeing cute packaging. Adult diapers are pretty plain, but I buy goodnites and pampers from time to time and don't even want to take them out of their bag/box