Anybody interested in Spacex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciencedude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a big fan of what they are doing. I'm a little disappointed that they haven't been successful yet at landing a 1st stage. But they will eventually.:thumbsup:

sciencedude said:
I'm a big fan of what they are doing. I'm a little disappointed that they haven't been successful yet at landing a 1st stage. But they will eventually.:thumbsup:

Interested? Heck Yeah! Anything astronomy related, and I'm there.

Mattew said:
Anything astronomy related, and I'm there.

i'm Aquarius :biggrin:

oh, i'd feign a lack of interest in the Spacex thing, but the truth is that there's not much on the telly about it; it's all about the potty-lickers and their up-coming general erection.

ade said:
i'm Aquarius :biggrin:

Astronomy not astrology :p

Once had someone call me and ask when it'd be best for them to do a certain activity, since I knew so much about the stars & space. Took me a second to realize what was being asked. lol, had to explain the difference.

Mattew said:
Astronomy not astrology :p

Once had someone call me and ask when it'd be best for them to do a certain activity, since I knew so much about the stars & space. Took me a second to realize what was being asked. lol, had to explain the difference.

I find it interesting also, but like ade said, we don't get much news about it. If the election is annoying in the U. K., imagine here in the U. S., where the November, 2016 election is well underway with the mudslinging and character assassinations. Ain't politics grand!

Mattew said:
Interested? Heck Yeah! Anything astronomy related, and I'm there.

This:p.

Although about all I here about SpaceX is what Scott Manley has to say about it on YouTube. I've stopped going to news sites to find astronomy news; it all seems to be click bait with useless or redundant information.

arcituthis said:
I've stopped going to news sites to find astronomy news; it all seems to be click bait with useless or redundant information.
ditto!
i often have BBC News on, and find that i have to catch up on the 'real' news via their text service, but then have to chase up news on the internet for the full story, and that's all too often just a repeat of the text or a low quality report (with accompanying low quality graphics) on a malware-laden site.
the Beeb has pretty woeful in it's science and engineering documenting, these past few years, pandering only to what it thinks of a 'yoof' culture, including high-pitched narrators, needless and needlessly loud background music, fragmented and dis-jointed story delivery ('coming up', 'still to come', etc) and all more of a style over substance.

to be honest, though, it's not as though scientists and engineers are doing themselves any favours with their constant false hopes and promises, doctoring and twiddling of data to suit and far too often failing to deliver the goods.
some blame under-funding, but i blame over-funding for it's creation of a culture of 'earning' a living by coming up with nowt useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back