ABUniverse Coming Back 4/22. Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeremyi said:
They didn't go bankrupt. They sold their business off, which could be for a number of reasons. ABU did this for years so it must have been sustainable and profitable.

If they closed after receiving payments from customers with NO product in stock, that IS bankrupt.

Great to see you back up. Joined the mailing list since I switched emails from before.

I didn't like the new prices. I have never paid that much when ordering a case from them. But according to Casey all of them are cheaper than last time but I never had to pay that much simply because I live a couple hours away from them so the shipping was no more than $10. So to me the prices had been jacked up so way too expensive for me. Maybe if they do sales every now and then and do a good price I might buy from them.

never found any of their diapers to be worth while

they were just decorated junk....

bambinod said:
If they closed after receiving payments from customers with NO product in stock, that IS bankrupt.

Not necessarily. There's a difference between negligence, embezzlement, and bankruptcy. The previous managers were guilty of the first two, keeping their store open despite having no goods to sell and KNOWING they had no goods to sell. Then they take the money and run. Surprising there were no civil or criminal consequences to what they did. But there was no bankruptcy filed - it would be on public record.

- - - Updated - - -

Calico said:
I didn't like the new prices. I have never paid that much when ordering a case from them. But according to Casey all of them are cheaper than last time but I never had to pay that much simply because I live a couple hours away from them so the shipping was no more than $10. So to me the prices had been jacked up so way too expensive for me. Maybe if they do sales every now and then and do a good price I might buy from them.

If they're cheaper, he probably means cheaper than the December 2014 prices when ABU's team departed. Before they left they "reopened" with a "new management" and launched a new template website with prices jacked sky-high. Coming down from those prices isn't much of a feat - what really propelled ABU to the top was the consistent site-wide sales combined with coupon codes distributed in the mail with their products. Cheap diapers, cheap prices. What we're getting now is cheap diapers, semi-high prices. Glad someone agrees with me.

Well here's what I'm worried about. ABU used to carry a lot more than just babyish adult diapers. They used to carry a wide range of adult diapers. All I see now is just babyish ones. I used to order Abenas, Tranquility, and booster pads from them. I don't see any of that anymore. But then again, it's just been reopened for a couple of days. We'll have to see what happens over the next few weeks and months.

I will retweet what the company has said to me when I asked them about the furry themed diapers
MegamanDX-"@ABUDiapers Now that your company is open. Has the company considered selling the furry themed diapers or no?
There was a poll a while ago
"AB Universe ‏@ABUDiapers Apr 22"

@MegamanDX The design was lost so we are working on a new design. Yes we do plan to sell a Furry themed diaper! ^.^"

Nuked the off-topic comments - this isn't the place for arguing about avatars. If you have comment about someone's avatar, please use visitor messages or private messages.

Last edited:
The company was ran into the ground by two methods:
1.) Mismanagement by the pre-2014 managers (not owners). They gave out coupons and lowered prices and didn't know that they were not profitable. The owners didn't pay attention to the numbers, and they owed all of their vendors money and no ability to pay. So, We're a business, and we have to make a profit in order to deliver the diapers the market is asking for. Also - Our customer service team is/will continue to be awesome - Is that worth something?
2.) Greed - I can confirm that there was an immense amount of greed in play. No bankruptcy was filed. The sale was a firesale though, not a conventional business sale - I've already explained (and it feels like I'm beating a dead horse here) that the company was purchased in a matter of less than 48 hours. I immediately shut it down and tried to figure out what the heck went wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Same Klo - And no, I have no idea where your email address came from if it was not on the newsletter (maybe the previous guys bought a list at one point - they hadn't mailed anything since 2012 from what I can tell).

You're the biggest complaint I've seen about receiving the mailer. If it was an issue - did you unsubscribe?

Note said:
Its good to finally see the new site! But if I can make a suggestion, since you have access to a press - maybe make some of your naps in a larger size? Its just that I'd love to try the Cushies but I don't think even the large will fit me as I have fairly big hips (not particularly fat, just big bones, runs in the family). I base the sizing off of the large Tena. But if the fit is more like that of the large Abena or Molicare Super Plus, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry about not answering this last night... So - I think everyone should have access to diapers. XLs are important for us to have - And even if you aren't that large, sometimes people just need the XLs because of their shape. We're looking at 90 days before we'll have these, but i'll know more in the coming few weeks.

I'm hearing a ton of sarcasm and animosity towards me in this forum - What have I done to earn that?

klo555 said:
I'm hearing a ton of sarcasm and animosity towards me in this forum - What have I done to earn that?

Probably nothing, but I'd suggest that it's better never to ask this sort of question, and to instead remain laser-focused on proving that the answer is "nothing." Personally, I'll be glad to see ABU bounce back. I do feel as though retaining the "ABU" name made the new company a willing magnet for criticism earned by the old company, so animosity--whether or not you personally earned it--has to be expected.

Cottontail said:
Probably nothing, but I'd suggest that it's better never to ask this sort of question, and to instead remain laser-focused on proving that the answer is "nothing." Personally, I'll be glad to see ABU bounce back. I do feel as though retaining the "ABU" name made the new company a willing magnet for criticism earned by the old company, so animosity--whether or not you personally earned it--has to be expected.
So what exactly is wrong with asking that question? I do not see anything wrong with that question. It was a legitimate question.

Anyway Casey, don't worry about these people that are giving you grief. They just want something to complain about. You have a huge burden on your shoulders running a business. I myself run a business. You just simply can't please everyone. It's so easy for the consumer to complain, gripe, and judge. I get it all the time. But until they have to face the issues we face as business owners, they'll never understand those pressures. Anyway, best of luck to you my friend. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

CrinklesTheBunny said:
So what exactly is wrong with asking that question? I do not see anything wrong with that question. It was a legitimate question.

It's legit, but then the answer is so excruciatingly obvious that asking it seems a bit disingenuous. The answer is: He bought ABU.

Buy a company with a troubled past, and you buy all the grief it caused. And the best you can do is to acknowledge and deal with that grief. Challenging it just makes it worse.

Cottontail said:
It's legit, but then the answer is so excruciatingly obvious that asking it seems a bit disingenuous. The answer is: He bought ABU.

Buy a company with a troubled past, and you buy all the grief it caused. And the best you can do is to acknowledge and deal with that grief. Challenging it just makes it worse.
You know what, maybe he bought the company because wanted to turn it around. All I've heard out of your mouth is criticism and negativity about he him buying ABU. Give the a freaking break.

CrinklesTheBunny said:
You know what, maybe he bought the company because wanted to turn it around. All I've heard out of your mouth is criticism and negativity about he him buying ABU. Give the a freaking break.
Check out my first post in this thread, then. It's possible to appreciate Casey's efforts while also understanding that he's far from finished cleaning up after the old ABU. There's nothing mysterious about that. He bought himself a shitty reputation, and now he gets to prove himself unworthy. It's the opposite of how things usually work for people, but then most people don't do what Casey did. Do I hope he pulls through? I do.

klo555 said:
The company was ran into the ground by two methods:
1.) Mismanagement by the pre-2014 managers (not owners). They gave out coupons and lowered prices and didn't know that they were not profitable. The owners didn't pay attention to the numbers, and they owed all of their vendors money and no ability to pay. So, We're a business, and we have to make a profit in order to deliver the diapers the market is asking for. Also - Our customer service team is/will continue to be awesome - Is that worth something?
2.) Greed - I can confirm that there was an immense amount of greed in play. No bankruptcy was filed. The sale was a firesale though, not a conventional business sale - I've already explained (and it feels like I'm beating a dead horse here) that the company was purchased in a matter of less than 48 hours. I immediately shut it down and tried to figure out what the heck went wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Same Klo - And no, I have no idea where your email address came from if it was not on the newsletter (maybe the previous guys bought a list at one point - they hadn't mailed anything since 2012 from what I can tell).

You're the biggest complaint I've seen about receiving the mailer. If it was an issue - did you unsubscribe?

Hi Klo.

D4E from your old website here, I have various questions for you, mainly regarding a Canadian supplier of ABU products. Do you plan on having a distributor in BC or any other provinces of Canada?

I would also like to ask you an unrelated question but that would bring the thread off topic.

klo555 said:
so, if we are to believe this story, you don't know if my details and everybody else's on the list were stolen or not?

klo555 said:
You're the biggest complaint I've seen about receiving the mailer.
because you have no business sending anything to me by e-mail, because you have no business having my e-mail address.

klo555 said:
If it was an issue - did you unsubscribe?
i never subscribed, so i can never unsubscribe.

just to make it clear, i have never had any dealings with ABU nor any of it's associates, then or now, just as i have never had any dealings with any American seller (as if i'd actually buy anything from nearly 5,000 miles away and incur shipping and customs charges in excess of the product's cost).
the only link between me and your 'new' ABU is your former activities at DB.net, where i briefly participated before your taking control of the site.
howsoever you got my details, i never gave my consent to your holding and using them.

Ade.
Click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. You ended up on the list - I don't know how. Sorry that I have been around awhile and you are trying to connect mystery dots - seems like there is a lot of that going on.

My email is [email protected] if you want to continue the conversation privately.

Also - Thank you to everyone that has stood up for me and given positive thoughts and words. I am unable to respond to the really kind private messages I have received - but please know that I am thankful for the kindness you have all demonstrated.

Ade - Click unsubscribe.

-Thanks,
Casey Strom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back