Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What pullups work well for men, if any?

Nessus

Default What pullups work well for men, if any?

I have been wondering for some time now why there is so much interest in pullups and I think I understand it to some degree. Comfort is clear to me; I have tried some and did find some comfortable indeed.

I have used the Depends pullups as well as the Tranquility Overnights and some others.

The Depends and most others like them really don't work well for me as I find I cannot easily control where the stream will come out - for all the 'penis envy' out in vanilla-land I have to say I have a wee bit of the reverse to a slight degree such is the life of a male DL! So I am wondering if pullups are used mostly by girls and women as opposed to boys and men?

If not, then what brand works well for men? I guess I should add that I am a DL and so I tend to flood which really does not work well in a pullup. The Tranquility would work in this regard but they simply do not extend the padding up high enough in the front even though they have the double cuffs.

So does anyone know of a good, reliable pullup for men that can take at least two or so good wettings or does that simply not exist?

I tried the Abri Flex from Bambinos two years ago. I don't remember much about it but it didn't leak. Seemed to be more comfy than Depends. Sample pack of 2 is about $8.

I have found that the Always Discreet pull ups for women work very good for men. I use them and like the internal stand up leak guard feature they have, which helps control leaks. In fact I have never had one leak yet, and several times I have had three pretty good soakings. I don't drain fast so perhaps the pull up has time to wick the moisture better. I also wear a pair of Gary active wear diaper covers over them. Works for me, no problems, your mileage may vary.

Adultbaby
    Diaper Lover
    Babyfur
    Diaperfur
    Sissy / LG
    Little
    Incontinent
    Caretaker

The only pullups I've tried that actually worked well were "Depends Real Fit for Men", and the 'hybrid' pullups-briefs "Depends Adjustable Underwear". In my experience, those are the best Depends has to offer, and I haven't been able to afford any other brands of pullups, so sorry I couldn't be help.

Nessus

Thanks, guys. I like the idea and comfort of pullups and they are ideal for certain situations, but I am a very heavy wetter and the few times I have tried to use pullups it has not ended very well. Luckily it was in a situation where I could address the leakage without embarrassment, but still, it made me a bit gun-shy even though I like them.

I have a case of the Depends Real Fit for Men and I am amazed that they lack the inner cuffs that are so critical for men. How can they claim they are for men if you can just pee out the side without realizing it? That cuff guard is critical in my case, so without it I just use them up when I am doing an extra long super boosted session that may leak into the diaper cover. I put the pullup on backwards with the absorbent material on the outside and it works great for that purpose. I would not buy them just for that, but since they don't du much else for me I figure why not?

I have the Tranquility ATN pullups and I looked at the image of the Abri-Flex and I think they are very similar. I cannot understand why they keep the absorbent material so low although I guess that since my requirements are not those of an IC person I think it is so they can remain reasonably discreet. I guess they might work better than I realized, and so I may try them anyway since I have a full pack. They do make a good source of the padding if you are inclined to stuff more into a diaper, but certain of the boosters are actually much better so I use them now when I do that. I probably will try adding a booster to a pullup to see what happens and test it here when I feel adventurous.

Thanks for the feedback!

You must proceed with caution when using boosters in a pull up. If there ARE leak guards in the product you are using, they are much shorter than on a taped diaper. Putting a booster in it will negate what little value they provide, especially for a male. I find that pull-ups are never designed with enough of a pouch for male anatomy regardless of the presence of leak guards. I also find that most leak guards are inadequate for the task, or just a joke (as in always discreet). If you are having issues with member room or placement already, adding a booster is likely to make things worse.

I am in total agreement with you in regards to pull-up construction for men. The padding is far too short above and to narrow below (if that's where you aim). I often wonder if women have an issue with them as well as their anatomy isn't flat like a Barbie doll either. Itb almost seems as though pull-ups were designed for people that have absolutely flat anatomy.

Nessus

I did notice that the Tranquility does have some presumably waterproof material in the front above the padding. I have not tested it yet, but that make me think that it might take a booster pad OK but I do agree that it might not be reliable enough for the reasons you stated. The Tranquility is constructed such that without actually testing it I cannot be sure it will fail so I figure I will give it a try sometime when I am bored and at home. After all, what is the worst that can happen? I will enjoy the experience irrespective of the outcome, so that much is clear. I will report back what I find when I get around to this.

If you are a heavy wetter, you need a tap-on diaper. Pullups, even the brands that claim to be high-capacity, can't absorb floods as quickly and fully as a good tape-on diaper such as Abena Level 4, Dry 24/7 or Inspire.

Nessus

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    If you are a heavy wetter, you need a tap-on diaper. Pullups, even the brands that claim to be high-capacity, can't absorb floods as quickly and fully as a good tape-on diaper such as Abena Level 4, Dry 24/7 or Inspire.
    This is largely what I have concluded. I find it hard to wet in small increments so I tend to have to wait until I notice I have to pee at which point it is really hard to stop reliably so I prefer to flood. Stopping can be quite uncomfortable.

If I do wear a pullup I do try to get some out on a regular basis. This is enough of a hassle that I basically have decided to just go as you suggested and at a minimum go with a Tranquility ATN with a booster which can be very discreet or, as I now realize can work, an Abena M4 with baggy pants. It all depends (pun intended) on what my plans are.

Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by blondiewoof View Post
    I have found that the Always Discreet pull ups for women work very good for men. I use them and like the internal stand up leak guard feature they have, which helps control leaks. In fact I have never had one leak yet, and several times I have had three pretty good soakings. I don't drain fast so perhaps the pull up has time to wick the moisture better. I also wear a pair of Gary active wear diaper covers over them. Works for me, no problems, your mileage may vary.
    Without a doubt, Always Discrete quite handily deals with my wetting anatomy And when I add a Poise Ulimate or Max Long or Overnight then it just completely enhances those 'Always" pullups. My second choice would by Silhouette Lady pullups by Depends.