Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was thinking of going to a trade school. Does anyone have any experience with trade schools? I was advised something in media arts would be in me best interest.

When thinking about any school, college or trade, think about what it will cost and what are your chances of getting a job that will pay off your debt.
I know too many young people who are trapped into this and are struggling to find employment.

Ringer said:
When thinking about any school, college or trade, think about what it will cost and what are your chances of getting a job that will pay off your debt.
I know too many young people who are trapped into this and are struggling to find employment.

When thinking about something like this I'm thinking it doesn't matter anymore. The job market is in the toilet and is showing no signs of getting better anytime soon.

DarkBabyMagicain said:
When thinking about something like this I'm thinking it doesn't matter anymore. The job market is in the toilet and is showing no signs of getting better anytime soon.

I would disagree. Stuff is bad all over, sure, but there's a huge gulf between "challenging to find a job" and "not a hope in hell". Education is an investment. As others have said, you should have a rough idea what the return on that investment is. Paying a shit tonne of money to go to school with no clue how that'll translate into a better job is exactly how people end up with a degree, thousands of dollars in debt, and a career with the McDonalds corporation.

Look at the kind of places you want to work, maybe even go as far as calling some of them. Look at their requirements. What kind of education do they look for?

Above all the best advice i can give is do your research on anywhere you plan to apply. I attended Fortis College for a diploma as a Pharmacy Tech. I got a good education and the school was credited but they screwed me over financially and I was not able to find a job once I got out. Now I'll be around $30k in debut to them and then another $20-30k in loans due to going for an AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back