Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never buying Bambino's Again

Angry Never buying Bambino's Again

My dad left town for a month so I thought it would be a perfect time to buy some diapers online for the first time. When I was filling out the form for Bambino's I made a mistake on the address. They make the billing address and delivery address separate, but only give you the option to correct the billing address at the end.
    I filled out my address and info a month before and incorrectly. I had no idea that there was a difference between billing and delivery address. But since they gave me the option to change the billing address I thought I was in the clear.

... Seconds afterwords when they send me the email saying that my order went through I see that there was a mistake and message them IMMEDIATELY to correct the mistake. They don't. They send out my package anyways and it never get's to me. 2 weeks go by and now my Dad is coming back, and the diapers never reach me. Now I find out if I STILL want them I have to pay a 15$ fee to have them resent to my correct address. I'm furious and hurt and emotional. Now I have to decide if I want the risk of the package coming when my dad is home, and if I have the money to spend so I don't waste the other 100$ I ALREADY spent on this shitty company.

I messaged them 3 times and the didn't correct it or even message me back. I'm calling them tomorrow so I can yell at them. It sucks not having a phone of my own. I feel like the world is trying to screw me over recently. These were supposed to help relieve some stress but it's only stressing me out more than I would believe.
    This is just a rant. I'm furious. No one has to reply to this if they don't want to. And I'm aware that it's technically my fault. But for buying diapers for my first time online, I was hoping they'd be helpful and responsive...

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never had a problem with Bambinos (they've always shipped to me in less than a week, in some cases far less) and the diapers themselves are great. I've always been extremely careful with my shipping and billing addresses, so I've never had the experience you talk about. I would suggest sending them an email with more or less the same content that you've got in your post here. They may be busy or unresponsive for some reason, but I think if you got to a person and explained what happened, they'd understand and do their best to help you out. It's a hard situation since, of course, you can't just order the new diapers, but perhaps you could get a credit for future use.

Best of luck with it, however it turns out.

Let's be completely honest: it was your mistake, and they got sent back to them so you have to pay shipping again.

However, there is a possibility: you may be able to have them shipped directly to a local UPS store and pick them up at your convenience. That would avoid your dad possibly finding them.

I admit that Bambino seems to be slipping from the squeaky clean reputation and standards lately. They don't answer emails as promptly as they used to, often send out wrong items, and only return phone calls or voicemails once a week (seriously?)

Just an FYI though. When placing an order on Bambino (and trust me, I've placed orders there many times), you DO have the option to change your delivery address. It is on the first page right after you hit Checkout, after you've logged into your account.

In all honesty, I think this is something you should have double-checked before ordering. Sometimes an order gets processed before the business has a chance to look at the email, and while I don't know the exact time gap, oftentimes the buyer messages just hours before the postage is paid for or after the package is already going out. Once the postage is bought, it is too late.

It sounds also like you have some other troubles other than just diaper orders getting delayed. Hang in there, man. We all have our ups and downs but the big things and the real things of this world are on your side
    Keep it cool and don't let yourself become angry.

So you screw up, send them a message instead of call them in the phone and they are the bad guys? You need to pull your head out o your butt, man up and claim your own mistakes. You're in your situation because you put your self there. No one else. Grow up.

I don't have a phone atm dude. Or else I'd be calling them like crazy too. I said at the end that it WAS my mistake. I know I put myself there, doesn't make it any less frustrating. Why don't you stop being a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I don't have a phone atm dude. Or else I'd be calling them like crazy too. I said at the end that it WAS my mistake. I know I put myself there, doesn't make it any less frustrating. Why don't you stop being a dick?
    While that message may have been somewhat blunt, there's a good point there. Your thread title and first post suggest that you think Bambino is a bad company and you posting about this publicly is a way to encourage others not to buy from Bambino.

But that's not really right. They may not have handled the situation ideally, but they are offering to get you your diapers with only the payment for new shipping to cover your mistake and the biggest problem here is a user mistake, not the company doing anything wrong.

So, I don't really think it's right to say you'll never patronize bambino again based on this incident, or to encourage others to avoid them because they didn't treat you the way that you wanted.

Ah. Man... That sucks.. I'm sorry that happened... Yes we make mistakes but if I was you, I'd have been just as upset... I've made shipping errors and it was a headache... I had to spend $30 to fix it and I wanted to lash out. I know how it is having things not going the way they should have... Take a deep breath and see what you can accomplish... I'm sure an answer has to come about.

Yeah I'll admit I could (and should) handle it better. But I was really stressed about this yesterday. This has been a 2 month plan BEFORE I even acted upon it. And not being able to talk about this with anyone in the real world is aggravating. Which is why I posted the rant here.
    To be honest they're still my favorite diaper. But it'll be awhile before I try to buy diapers again. This whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.
    And in my defense, they STILL haven't replied to any messages. Which is kind of a shitty thing about the company's costumer service. I'm going to a friend's today to borrow their phone and sort everything out hopefully :P.

I did the exact same thing with XPmedical awhile back, they responded to my email pretty quickly and the problem was resolved. But remember they probably get hundreds of emails a day. Being a pretty small company in comparison to XP, it's not surprising if they don't respond quickly or at all if an order is already shipped.