The Pros of being open about being ABDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi everybody! So, today I wanted to talk about the pros of being out as a little (rather than the cons we get constantly). So, first of all, I want to tell you about me. I'm an open ABDL. What does that mean? Most of my friends and my close family know about this side of me. Maybe I'm just lucky to have such an accepting crowd around me, but it's really cool. I told my parents when I was 16, my sister when I was 22, and my friends when I was 20. Recently, like, 6 months ago, I was like... "what the hell?!" I was tired of hiding it. So I braced myself for bad reactions and decided to be open about it. I told around 15 of my friends, whom I've known since high school. Others that I bonded quickly even though we've only known each other for like 3 years.

I have no regrets so far. They accept me by who I am, and it's pretty awesome. Of course I'm not THAT open with them, but with my close friends. I mean, I get to wear diapers around them, joke about being a baby and even sucking my thumb when with them. That's usually around my three best friends. And they are totally fine with it, which is awesome. I wear at home whenever I want to and my family is okay with that.

I was just telling one of my friends of CAPCON, and that I would totally go next year. He was like, "wow, that's wicked.". I joked about him going with me, he's not fetishst or anything but he said, and I quote. "Fine, I'll go with you. I'm not wearing a diaper, though."

What I say is that it's really awesome to be yourself with friends of your daily life. I have friends that are not so accepting, but even them are like "okay, it's your thing. We love you anyway, just don't tell us about it."

What I want to say is that, maybe I'm just lucky, but trust me, people knowing of your little side is NOT the end of the world.

Love you guys!

Good for you. Some people are just brave about it but when you have kids, it's a different story because not everyone will understand and some are judgmental about it, even if they are also AB/DL but not everyone is okay with a parent wearing 24/7 or having their own nurseries and stuff. I don't have a nursery but I have some baby items but I don't really use them anymore and I am mostly a DL now. My baby items got mixed in with my kids stuff except for my own pacifiers and bottle nipples and I keep my AB clothes in a storage bin and i never get to wear them. I might just buy a AB outfit because it's cute and I might only be able to wear it once in my room and then taking it off quickly and putting it away and when my son saw the clothes when I was going through them, I told him they were Halloween stuff. So I am not real open about my lifestyle due to closed minded people but online I am more open about it than in real life. Which is why I don't post my real pictures or my real name.

I just wear my diaper and live my day and not make a big deal about it. No one knows I have one on except for everyone in my household but nothing much is said about it and sometimes a comment will be made about it or something gets brought up about it but then we just move on. There has been an occasion when I would have to change in the restroom so I would just say I have to use the restroom. It's pretty awkward to say "I need to change my diaper so I need my purse." Because my mom knows, she can just hand it to me without questioning why I must take it with me to the restroom, am I on my period? I am not on my period so why do I need to take it with me? I can go without it? Yeah her knowing about it saves all this trouble and worrying. I say the same to my husband too out in public and he knows what I mean by it. Even at home I say I need to take care of something in my room or say I needed to empty out the trash in the bathroom than saying I had to take out my dirty diapers. I am sure my parents know what I mean but it would be awkward to even talk about it so I say the other things, especially with kids.

WoW, you're really lucky to have such accepting family and friends. Do your friends know when you're wearing, like do you make it very obvious or are you more low-key about the whole thing, and talked to them about it, in case they ever saw? You must be in a really progressive area for everyone to be so accepting.

People knowing your little side can be really awesome, but sometimes there are the people that freak out, usually parents. Like mine, who acted psycho afterwards.

On the other hand, all my friends know, which has been really healthy for me, and some of my family, which has also been really healthy.

A funny story:

I just moved into my friends place in the second room, and him and his husband commented on how, "at least they wouldn't have to spend extra on toilet paper." I laughed about it, and was kinda not sure if I should ask them if they were serious, because I still usually would use the toilet, but I enjoy number 2's in the diaper too. So as kinda a reverse problem, Instead of not being able to use my diaper for pooping because of complaints, I instead became mentally hesitant about using the toilet for pooping because they were pretty much expecting that I wasn't using it. Now I just make sure to take care of the smell quickly, and so far, I don't think they have had to really smell anything.

Mattew said:
WoW, you're really lucky to have such accepting family and friends. Do your friends know when you're wearing, like do you make it very obvious or are you more low-key about the whole thing, and talked to them about it, in case they ever saw? You must be in a really progressive area for everyone to be so accepting.

Hi Mattew! Yeah, I consider myself really really lucky. To answer your question, depends on the person. Sometimes I'm with a friend and I would make it low-key, but I will eventually tell them just for my amusement! Now, if I'm with my best friends, I'm really open about it. Like just wearing a diaper or sucking my thumb in front of them. I've been through so many things with them that it's cool. They don't really mind, they actually say it's pretty cool I "have the confidence to be myself". My very best friend and I are REALLY close and we often bro-cuddle and stuff, he knows I'm a mature adult but I have a very little side and he's very supportive of it. He doesn't mind if I'm like, in an onesie or anything. He actually bought me pacifiers once, the day I told him, as a token of friendship. Yeah, it's really awesome!

Tyger said:
People knowing your little side can be really awesome, but sometimes there are the people that freak out, usually parents. Like mine, who acted psycho afterwards.

On the other hand, all my friends know, which has been really healthy for me, and some of my family, which has also been really healthy.

Hi Tyger! Yeah, people knowing of your little side is pretty awesome. I know, parents do freak out, mind kind of did but when I showed them research and we talked about it with some doctors, they're really cool with it. I'm not obvious about it but when I'm diapered and I wet, I don't mind they know I'm changing.

Nice story! I still don't have the courage to poop in front of anybody, but maybe one day I will do! Great friends you've got there!

I have been pretty open as well. Not so much with my very close long time friends (except one) but most new people I meet find out one way or another. My twin sister has known since we wear 13 and I finally told my mom about a year and a half ago. She was very accepting of it. As long as I don't just walk around in a diaper or anything when she is there. But that is just common curtsy I wouldn't do that even in my normal underwear. My close coworker knows because he was telling me about a guy he knows that wears diapers and caries around a plushie and he knew that I liked plushies so it came out that I told him I wore diapers too. He then proceeded to hok me up with this other diapered fellow, but sadly things didn't work out. Oh well he was a nice guy though. A lot of my furry friends know as well. I would like my closest friend to know, but subtle hints never get him. My room looks like a room of a 4 year old and he knows I really like footie pjs and plushies. I had to tell him point plank that I was gay. he was okay with that. The funny thing is he was with me when I bought a pink and purple My Little Pony blanket. (that was before the gay talk). But my other friend in our little group knows since she pride it out of me. She was understanding with a comment, "It's okay, some guys like wearing tutus and that's fine". She even came across my onsie before. I may just leave a diaper laying out in my room sometime who knows. Anyways I think a lot more people are accepting then we think. Even my twin sisters boyfriend tried the diaper thing before and wore them for a year, but kinda dropped out (at least it gave us something interesting and relateable to talk about). So it's a more common thing than we think or maybe I'm just one lucky guy who knows.

I've been moderately open about it. Unlike some of you, my parents did not react well and I never discuss it around them now. I wouldn't even think of wearing around them.

I have told a couple close friends, though, and I've worn diapers around them while I was hanging out in my apartment. One of them, I wet my diaper while we were hanging out and he had no idea at all when I told him afterwards that I'd been wet for most of the time we were talking.

That said, me wearing even semi-openly is rare, and has only happened a few times. The majority of my friends know nothing and my coworkers don't have a clue and never will if I have my way of things.

Tyger said:
I just moved into my friends place in the second room, and him and his husband commented on how, "at least they wouldn't have to spend extra on toilet paper." I laughed about it, and was kinda not sure if I should ask them if they were serious, because I still usually would use the toilet, but I enjoy number 2's in the diaper too. So as kinda a reverse problem, Instead of not being able to use my diaper for pooping because of complaints, I instead became mentally hesitant about using the toilet for pooping because they were pretty much expecting that I wasn't using it. Now I just make sure to take care of the smell quickly, and so far, I don't think they have had to really smell anything.

That's seriously hilarious, Tyger.

I've told my best friend and of course, my wife knows, but that's about it. I really don't want my adult friends to know. I think age may have something to do with it. I'm not sure any of my like aged friends want to think of me, wearing a diaper and having infantile thoughts at the time. I think each person has to be happy with their own situation, whether in or out. To each his own. The important thing is to be happy with who you are.

kik91 said:
Hi Tyger! Yeah, people knowing of your little side is pretty awesome. I know, parents do freak out, mind kind of did but when I showed them research and we talked about it with some doctors, they're really cool with it. I'm not obvious about it but when I'm diapered and I wet, I don't mind they know I'm changing.

Nice story! I still don't have the courage to poop in front of anybody, but maybe one day I will do! Great friends you've got there!

Well, i don't poop in front of them, just in my room.

I tried to work with my parents on the issue, even had a psychologist tell them that there was nothing wrong with it, they could never fully accept it though. They said I was free to do it, but then my mom would be emotionally involved and start intercepting my packages, and take my cloth diapers from the laundry to hide them and then talk to me about it.

- - - Updated - - -

ArchieRoni said:
That's seriously hilarious, Tyger.

It's really one of the best backward situations I have ever been in.

Wow, it's really warming to hear stories about people's positive coming out reactions. I told my parents and my sister when I was 15 (by that point I was sick to death about hiding it) and it was great to just be open about it and not have to worry about being judged by my family. Having the support community and knowing that you have people (in real life, not just the internet) to turn to if things ever go bad in relation to AB/DL stuff it just awesome as well.

Hey,
I guess you are a lucky and very brave person to tell everyone around you about that ^^

I am kind of semi-open about it. My friends and family know about the Little...-kind of. I never explained it to them but they see that I'm wearing Onesies, sleep with plush toys and that I'm very childish (especially when my BF is around who is AC/DL as well). I shut up about the diapers though. I would be scared what my mum / friends would think about that and I do not really have the need to wear them when I'm hanging out with them. For me it's enough to wear them at home as they are super cozy :)

BTW: My mum actually likes the idea of plush toys so much that she bought some for herself as well, same goes for my sisters. :D So all in all I can be me and that's great as well.

- Luci

I told my girlfriend and what happened next blew my mind she asked me if i wanted her to be my mommy. Sounds sweet right? Then she decidces to do some research on it i thought she would leave me after i told her this. She said that she does not wanna leave me and she accepts me but she wants to take it slow. I am fine with that this is her first time being a mommy

Life is a lot easier when you don't have to hide it. All of my close friends know I'm an AB and are really supportive. The only people who don't know are my colleagues and family although my mum knows I wear nappies at night.

I love the fact I have some very supportive people in my life that know about me being an adult baby. One is my sister. She's very supportive and never passed judgment on for it. The others are a few close friends of mine. Recently I've started seeing a counselor about some of the trauma I had in the past as a child. I told her about me being an adult baby, and she actually told me there's a term for people who have suffered trauma as kids and do things like I do. She said it's called "reparenting". Basically it means giving yourself or someone else giving you the things you missed out on as a child. She said that it's a very healthy form of therapy. My counselor is very supportive of my AB lifestyle. And the cool part is, so is my soon-to-be wife. She in the past has lost two kids at birth and can no longer have kids. So she has a very strong maternal urge to have kids again. Seeing that I'm an adult baby and she's the way she is, it's an absolutely perfect match. She loves bottle feeding me, diapering me, and treating me like a baby. She said it fulfills a side of her that no man she's been with before has been able to fulfill.

Reactions: Babymater41
CrinklesTheBunny said:
I love the fact I have some very supportive people in my life that know about me being an adult baby. One is my sister. She's very supportive and never passed judgment on for it. The others are a few close friends of mine. Recently I've started seeing a counselor about some of the trauma I had in the past as a child. I told her about me being an adult baby, and she actually told me there's a term for people who have suffered trauma as kids and do things like I do. She said it's called "reparenting". Basically it means giving yourself or someone else giving you the things you missed out on as a child. She said that it's a very healthy form of therapy. My counselor is very supportive of my AB lifestyle. And the cool part is, so is my soon-to-be wife. She in the past has lost two kids at birth and can no longer have kids. So she has a very strong maternal urge to have kids again. Seeing that I'm an adult baby and she's the way she is, it's an absolutely perfect match. She loves bottle feeding me, diapering me, and treating me like a baby. She said it fulfills a side of her that no man she's been with before has been able to fulfill.

Wow, I've never heard of the term, "reparenting". Sounds interesting! Congrats on your engagement!!

All my immediate family know and my husband encourages me in it. I wore to my wedding and high school alumni reunion. I have worn to my parents several times. I wear to church. I can't think of anywhere or anyone I wouldn't wear in. I wear a pull-up without the pad in the water just because I wear everywhere and do not want an explosion of SAP. I have no plans to tell my mom and I have no close friends. I might tell my mom if I were living with her. I would be pretty open about protection but probably would never want to tell anyone I have a onesie and a paci. I always had a blankie and would take it to town and any stranger could see it wrapped around my shoulders or in my shopping cart even in summer. I just thought it was because I was cold natured.

My father wakes me up and gives me my pills every day before school. Same goes with my brother. My dad has come in in the mornings and found me with my plushies and a pacifier once, the pacifier he was a little ok with, and he has caught me sleeping with just my plushies over 30 times. I lost count. Now he just acts like everything is normal when I do. I've been thinking of coming out as an ABDL and I think it'll work. But first I want to test if those extents are safe by sleeping with plushies AND a pacifier on a regular basis. Wish me luck!

When we are open and truly honest about ourselves - showing our passions to people we care about - that is when we are most likable. People respect us, even if we are a little outside the norm. I am envious of your situation, kik91. You have a lot of courage and I wish I could be more like you.

Coming out to public (friends included) can (probably will) my social suicide. More, if I'm some kind of public person. To share my ABDL vicious you need VIP autoriaztion, which isn't easy to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back