Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

Default Embarrassing

Hey everybody,

Hope you all are having a great weekend. I’ve been a little discouraged about something that happened this weekend…

I was out and about running errands this weekend. I was wearing a north shore supreme brief which normally work fantastic for me. I don’t know if it is the cut that fits me well or just how absorbent it is… but I have never had a problem.

So, I was out running errands enjoying the beautiful weather.

Well, apparently I had a few accidents while I was out, and my diaper was much wetter than I had originally thought. As I was walking through the store, I felt something on the back of my leg and realized I had a huge accident and my diaper was leaking all over the back of my pants. My whole backside was wet where the diaper had leaked!

I tried to keep my cool, but I was so embarrassed. I’ve had a few slight leaks here and there, but never one this big.

I know anyone who deals with incontinence has experienced leaks… but it can be so embarrassing when they happen in public.

Anyway, so much for my rant! Hope that you all are having a much “drier” weekend than me!

DD

Quote Originally Posted by CPDude View Post
    Change more often
    Indeed. Lessoned learned. Fortunately I had a spare diaper with me and was able to change immediately... but it was still pretty embarrassing.

I absolutely love NorthShores as well. They are excellent for absorbency and keeping you feeling dry. I have discovered though, that when they finally reach capacity they will leak catastrophically and without warning. Other diapers I always get a sense of them filling to a point or they tend to get damp around the leg gathers. Not NorthShores. They will perform to the utmost of their abilities, then the dam will break if pushed beyond the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    I absolutely love NorthShores as well. They are excellent for absorbency and keeping you feeling dry. I have discovered though, that when they finally reach capacity they will leak catastrophically and without warning. Other diapers I always get a sense of them filling to a point or they tend to get damp around the leg gathers. Not NorthShores. They will perform to the utmost of their abilities, then the dam will break if pushed beyond the limit.
    Agreed. They are fantastic diapers, but when they are at capacity, it is imperative to change right away... A lesson I learned all to poignantly this weekend. They are still great, though, and I will continue to use them. I will just make it a point to pay a lot more attention to how wet it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dd1983 View Post
    Agreed. They are fantastic diapers, but when they are at capacity, it is imperative to change right away... A lesson I learned all to poignantly this weekend. They are still great, though, and I will continue to use them. I will just make it a point to pay a lot more attention to how wet it is!
    It is amazing how well they keep you feeling comfortable when they are saturated. It makes it much more difficult to judge when they ARE saturated. I also learned that lesson a hard way with these diapers. Not quite as badly as you did maybe…

Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    It is amazing how well they keep you feeling comfortable when they are saturated. It makes it much more difficult to judge when they ARE saturated. I also learned that lesson a hard way with these diapers. Not quite as badly as you did maybe…
    I agree. They are very comfortable even when wet. Apparently in my case they were too comfy!

Anybody else have stories of a bad leak?

If you push yopur nappy to the max you risk wetting your pants.

DD1983, two things. If you were out in public, and particularly if there was a chance of pushing your diaper to capacity, you certainly should have been wearing plastic pants on top. Also, a pair of compression pants or the equivalent - mesh pants or strong spandex underwear, would help to keep everything in place and also would put more pressure on the leg gathers to delay the leaks. I'm double incontinent and wear 24/7 and this is fairly standard.

Wishing you a drier day tomorrow!

--John

Quote Originally Posted by jdinvirginia View Post
    DD1983, two things. If you were out in public, and particularly if there was a chance of pushing your diaper to capacity, you certainly should have been wearing plastic pants on top. Also, a pair of compression pants or the equivalent - mesh pants or strong spandex underwear, would help to keep everything in place and also would put more pressure on the leg gathers to delay the leaks. I'm double incontinent and wear 24/7 and this is fairly standard.

Wishing you a drier day tomorrow!

--John
    Hi John,

Thanks for the advice. I did have a pair of compression shorts on, but I typically don't wear plastic pants. Normally, it's never been too much of an issue until this incident. Lesson learned here is to pay more attention to how wet I am while out and about. It was several hours of not checking and obviously I can't go that long in between changes. Ooops