5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

What do you think of the new Thinderbirds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

footies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Thunderbirds are go! :cloud9:

Has anyone else seen the new Thunderbirds yet?

Thinderbirds was my absolute favourite TV show as a kid, I've even still got my Matchbox Thunderbird 2 with the little Thunderbird 4 inside. It's one of the few childhood toys I managed to keep hold of.
It's *so* great to see International Rescue return for the 50th anniversary! :eek:

Are there any other Thunderbirds fans here on ADISC?

Chrisb said:
Are there any other Thunderbirds fans here on ADISC?

Yes, but I haven't seen anything since the puppets. :(

Ive seen the Air Force Thunderbirds Wow they are LOUD!!!! and nice ! GO USA!!!!

zipperless said:
Yes, but I haven't seen anything since the puppets. :(

The new series is called "Thunderbirds Are Go" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbirds_Are_Go_(TV_series), it's only 3 episodes in but it seems pretty good so far. It's made with a mix of models and CGI. From the documentary they showed before the first episode is being made by super fans of the original and on a big budget.

- - - Updated - - -

xpluswearer said:
Ive seen the Air Force Thunderbirds Wow they are LOUD!!!! and nice ! GO USA!!!!

Yeah, umm... wrong sort of Thunderbirds mate! Look up the proper ones, they're much better :p

I have seen the original, and some others but not for a long time.

Starrunner said:
I loved this show when I was a kid. I heard they were panning a new one but I didn't think it was even in production yet. I'll have to look for it.

Yeah Starrunner, I hadn't realised it was on either until I stumbled across the premiere and documentary in the schedule on my TV. Apparently they sailed a giant Thunderbird 4 through London to publicise it, but I managed to completely miss that as well!
It's on ITV on Saturdays in the UK, and I believe it's also being shown in Oz and NZ as well., if that helps.

I'll have to check out a few episodes. I've seen some re-runs of the original show.

I admire the original for the sheer fact of how innovative and outstanding it was, it is charming and looks great for the time. The new one just dosen't have the charm or interest of the original, it just falls flat with the CGI in my opinion, either way, it's great to see Tracy island back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back