Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is a diaper worse than Depends

Default There is a diaper worse than Depends

Oh yes there is.

Thought I should finaly get around to reviewing to different types of diapers that I bought. I was sick of Depends and since online isn't an option, I only have the very basics of what I can find in stores.

So I shopped around in the hopes of finding something better than Depends. First package I bought was the Life essentials brand of briefs. That's basicaly the no-name at Shopper's Drug Mart here in Canada. I didn't expect much, but I was desperate.

To put it bluntly, these things are crap. The elastic leg gathers don't gather, the plastic leaks, it only has two tapes per side. And worst of all, it can't even hold one full wetting. Not even as much as Depends. Depends are Bambinos compared to these things. After I was finished with one, I tried to roll it up and tape it together for easy disposal... and everything got wringed out! I had a huge wet pee smelling spot on my floor, but I got it cleaned up quick enough. Seriously, these things are only good for stuffers, and that's it.

The next day I went back to the drug store and so thorougly pissed that I intended to buy Depends. But then a different brand caught my eye. Tena briefs. I've never heard anything good about those, but then I;ve never heard anything bad either. So I shrugged it off and bought those.

I got home and opened up the package. I pulled one out. It was like finding the holy grail in a diaper package. Immediately I could tell it was thicker than Depends. MUCH thicker.

This thing can hold a lot. They're cumffy too. The only gripe I have is the tapes. They hold okay at first but you better not be doing anything that stretches them. Some people might not like the cloth outer cover, but I like it because it's very descreet, depite being twice as thick as depends.

So if you're like me and don't have any diapers but the bare basics in drug stores, get Tenas.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 07-Feb-2009 at 01:41.

kitty0230

i've been seriously thinking about getting tenas, so your post was helpful, but could you please write a wiki review on them, or at least post some pictures of them. but good for you for finding something good.

Please give us more details. I have bypassed buying them because I thought that "briefs" were adult pullups. If the Tena briefs are tape-on then I have to give them a try.

Wow i didnt think it could happen. But it did. There is a diaper worse than depends!

Well it's always good to get your hands on a diaper that dosen't suck. I've had some good experiences with CVS and Wallgreens brand diapers, I used to wear those all the time before I got a debit card and could order online. I had the exact same reaction when I got my first pack of x-pluses.

I think store brand diapers are kind of hit or miss, either they work alright and you save some money or they leak like sive and you just wasted your money.

Oh Chillhouse. I got the same ones, basically because they were like, 5 dollars cheaper than Depends and it's all I brought with me to the store. They're worse than Depends pullups. They're absolutely horrid, and I'm really sorry you had the unfortunate event of trying them, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by catty0320 View Post
    i've been seriously thinking about getting tenas, so your post was helpful, but could you please write a wiki review on them, or at least post some pictures of them. but good for you for finding something good.
    Well, I'm afraid I'm sitting in my last one right now, and it'll be a while before I get up to the drug store. So you might not see pictures for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypuppy View Post
    Please give us more details. I have bypassed buying them because I thought that "briefs" were adult pullups. If the Tena briefs are tape-on then I have to give them a try.
    Briefs always mean tape-ons. If it was an adult pullup the package would say "pullup".

Quote Originally Posted by Abby_Cullen View Post
    Oh Chillhouse. I got the same ones, basically because they were like, 5 dollars cheaper than Depends and it's all I brought with me to the store. They're worse than Depends pullups. They're absolutely horrid, and I'm really sorry you had the unfortunate event of trying them, as well.
    Yea, it basicaly felt like I was wearing a plastic bag with a paper towel in it. That;s how bad these things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Yea, it basicaly felt like I was wearing a plastic bag with a paper towel in it. That;s how bad these things are.
    I chalked it up to a sanitary napkin with sides. And I got a million sanitary napkins under my sink, I'm disappointed I wasted almost 20 dollars for more. The tapes suck too.

dprdinky

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    ...Tena briefs. I've never heard anything good about those, but then I;ve never heard anything bad either. So I shrugged it off and bought those.

I got home and opened up the package. I pulled one out. It was like finding the holy grail in a diaper package. Immediately I could tell it was thicker than Depends. MUCH thicker.

This thing can hold a lot. They're cumffy too. The only gripe I have is the tapes. They hold okay at first but you better not be doing anything that stretches them. Some people might not like the cloth outer cover, but I like it because it's very descreet, depite being twice as thick as depends.

So if you're like me and don't have any diapers but the bare basics in drug stores, get Tenas.
    Tenas that are made in the USA are a little better than Depends, granted but most often you'll find them made with the outer clothlike covering.

I'm not sure if what Tena's you have in Canada are the ones made in the USA, they could be made in Europe and brought over to Canada from there. If that is the case Tena's made in Europe are far superior than the ones in the USA. In fact they might rank just under Abena. Attends from Europe are differently made than what is found in the USA too! Can't understand out why the US get such crap for disposables made here.

Go figure!