DIY vs calling a professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
ade said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHN1JSRpeCE

this isn't the first time that we've seen the likeness between you and Earl, is it? :biggrin:
(btw, the 'widescreen' in the vid is fake: just two black bars placed over the action. i've got the Earl boxset ;) )
Thank you for that! :laugh:

just restocked on Sugru, moldable rubber, and got some polymorph/thermoplastic to try.
the latter reminds me of some types of plastic bottles which i often use in projects for the malleability of the plastic when hot. we'll see how it compares.

It depends on what it is really.
When it comes to simple things like replacing components in a computer or cleaning something, I'm alright.

But I am COMPLETELY useless when it comes to soldering, welding, or repairing anything even remotely confronting or difficult-looking. I'm really scared of breaking something so I only try to repair things I'm comfortable taking apart and messing around with (such as my computer).

I will fix or do just about anything possible myself. The only time I call a professional is when it is cheaper (like an oil change) or I just don't have the tools for the job. I even managed to make contact with a guy who would allow me access to his industrial SMD rework station... after I cooked an I2C to USB chip when I inadvertently connected 12V to its 3.3V line (oops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back