Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low-cost cloth diapers?

Default Low-cost cloth diapers?

I am in the lookout for some cloth diapers and figured I would start with one. I am [at I stand] a man of limited means and would like to see if anyone knows of a place online that I could buy some Cloth Diapers in my size (32") for less than $25 including shipping. I could save longer [I guess] but I am finally beginning to accept my AB side and don't like the limitations of use in disposables.

Thanks in advance.

Are you aware if their shipping is discrete or not? I cannot let my fancy be discovered as of yet.

the cheapest method, and the biggest bang for your Canadian bucks.
    ideally, you'd choose the towelling with the highest gsm (grammes per square metre), or the american equivlent, and there are differences in the lengths of loops (to give the nap).

Leakmaster night weight gauze pre-fold diapers will cost you $29.00 on Amazon, but they are excellent cloth diapers. If you intend to use your cloth diapers for wetting, you will also need plastic pants, and that will add to your expense.

If you buy from another country, the customs label will detail the contents. Not an issue for me, but could be problematic for you.

I'm here in Malaysia, i bought some cloth diapers that where shipped to. I bought 3 for roughly 38 Canadian dollers. Unfortunatly, they almost did not fit, had a very very tight fit and the soaker pad only covered part of the diaper.

In my experience, you get what you pay for. Save the extra $$$ and buy something of quality that will last.

A king or queen size flannel sheet folded to fit wiil give you look, feel, and function very closely approximating regular cloth diapers. For overnight use, folding the accompanying fitted sheet for a centreline soaker will give added absorption and the bulk between the legs many of us love. You still have to come up with plastic pants.

If you're really tapped, a large plastic garbage bag can serve as plastic pants. Don't do the obvious and cut leg holes. Instead, fold it around you as you did the diaper, using duct tape at the corners as you used pins on the diaper. Tuck the edges in around the diaper at the leg openings, and around your waist. With pants over it to hold everything in place, you have a fully functional leakproof cloth diaper. I've slept in such an arrangement, even gone shopping with a long coat to hide the very obvious bulge in my jeans.