Thread: what are your guitar preferences/tell me about your rig

Default what are your guitar preferences/tell me about your rig

As a guitarist, I frequently experiment with my sound, I'm always looking into different pickups, amps, and different ways of approaching something musicly.

So tell me fellow guitarists, what are your preferences?

Tube or digital?

Acoustic or electronic?

Floyd Rose or hard tail?

Brand of guitar?

Brand of amp?

What genre do you play?

I like both tube and digital, tube feels more alive, but digital allows for better distortion in my opinion

I've always preferred playing electric guitar

With pickups, I like Seymour Duncan, particularly Invaders, Black Winter, Blackouts, and PATB-2, but I also love the classic sound of P90's

My personal preference on brand of guitar is Schecter and Ethereal, but I also love ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Halo and B.C. Rich

I play metalcore and deathcore mostly, some heavy metal

My set up right now.

My guitars:

Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe in Drop C
    Ibanez RG321in Drop G
    Fender Showmaster in Drop D

My amps

Fender Mustang II
    Line6 spyder III 75 watt

My fender amp is set up for my Seinnheiser E953 microphone

My line6 is my guitar amp

I traded my acoustic for a headless electric... and it's in storage now if that tells you how much I've been working at at... and, with little means, I've only been able to demo ReValver Mk IIIdotV Standalone... computer simulated amps, effects, pre-amps, processors, etc... including digital and tube-type...

I went with an e-guitar in hopes of being able to (attempt) to play with much lighter strings, as my physical condition makes it far too difficult to fret properly... My acoustic (IMO), had to have medium strings, as the light just didn't provide for rich tones...

And, I do like to make shattering or searing riffs of grinders buried deep into the metal... which kind of covers rock, heavy-metal, to maybe a bit of metalcore...

I also like to make some pretty sounds... rich and vibrant... some folk, blues, jazz, classical, and promise not to tell? A little bit of (pop) country...shhh!

I used to do remastering, and live-mix respectively... and I agree with the various trade-offs between analog and digital... I regret that I can't keep up with it now, and I've pretty much resigned myself to not likely becoming particularly accomplished at any instrument, in spite of showing above average aptitude on many...

Oh, what's your thoughts on some of the e-violin metal style? I wonder too, for someone with the real amps etc... if you'd try the demo of Revalver to compare... not sure how you'd set up proper isolation.. and PC's and laptops, aren't exactly clean... the latter seems pretty clear of the 60-cycle hum at least...

Keep On Rock 'n!

I have a 40 year-old Acoustic 6-String Guitar.
    Decades ago I had years of private guitar lessons.
    Specialized in Jazz Chord Progressions.

I used to play a Yamaha acoustic, but then my daughter borrowed it, never to return. Now that I'm mostly retired, I've been thinking about buying a Martin and taking some lessons. I always enjoyed playing folk and singing. Though I'm terrible on guitar, and prodigious on keyboards, my major in college at WCC in Princeton, N. J.

Mostly now I play lead melody of different Christian Liturgical Hymns.