Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has this happened to you.

Default Has this happened to you.

Have you ever had a trash bag with diapers tear open when the trash man dumped your trash. This happened to me.

If they did, I didn't see it. All my stuff just goes in the dumpster for the building, so I'm somewhat removed from the end result and rarely see anyone dealing with it directly. I've had a couple times where tears appeared in bags I was taking out that contained diapers but I just double bagged and went on about my business. Yours sounds like a recipe for embarassment and awkwardness.

Rational me would say nothing he probably hasn't seen before. But the irrational side of me would be screaming in my head if I saw it happen.

Nope. I'm out in the country. There isn't trash service here. So I've got to take care of it all myself. I'd be mortified if something like that happened to me tho. There isn't a huge population of people around here. So my trash guy would probably be someone I've known my whole life.

The few times I have witnessed the trash men picking the trash into their trucks, I don't ever remember one breaking open to reveal their contents.

With that said, the men are working so fast and there is so much stuff that they see, I don't think it would bother me at all (unless I was standing right there waiting for them!).

Were they adult diapers, ADULT Diapers, or children/youth diapers?

I think I remember seeing a show some where about trash pickup people saying how much they learn about random people that most wouldn't realize.

I have had loose diapers in the can fall out when the garbage collector got too fast and sloppy. I saw him just pick up what he spilled and move on. So yes I know that at least my collectors know that someone in the house wears adult diapers.

I really don't think they think anything about it. They see diapers all the time. They don't stop and think "hay, this guy that lives here wears diapers how peculiar". They just dump the trash and move on. In my city they moved to having all the trash trucks having robot arms that pick up the can and dump it in. the trash people don't even get out. The biggest thing with my trash is when my can is overly filled ravens come and rip up all the bags and eat the trash. they are such trash birds. Then they throw it everywhere. my worries isn't the trash man, but the ravens making a mess. then maybe a diaper might come loose and my neighbor may see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedinTexas View Post
    I have had loose diapers in the can fall out when the garbage collector got too fast and sloppy. I saw him just pick up what he spilled and move on. So yes I know that at least my collectors know that someone in the house wears adult diapers.
    Your garbage collectors must be very different from those in our area (we call them dustmen or binmen in UK)!!! Here, if a bag were to split and some of its contents spill out, or some was loose and spilled from the bin (or can), they probably wouldn't bother picking it up. I sometimes think it's part of their training, along with stopping their trucks or moving slowly so as to cause as much inconvenience to other road users as they possibly can!

But seriously, as others have said, they've probably seen it all anyway. It wouldn't bother me overmuch if one of them noticed used nappies in my garbage bags. It's really none of their business.