Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonybaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Has anyone ever tried using men's briefs (tighty whities) for their waistband, worn inside of a cloth diaper to keep from leaking out of the top of the diaper? It's just a little brain storming idea I actually thought of in a dream and may give it a try.

Hmmmmmmm......now you have my curiosity up and running....lol. I shall have to give that a try:smile:

hosr63 said:
Hmmmmmmm......now you have my curiosity up and running....lol. I shall have to give that a try:smile:

I know! Right? :)

The idea actually came to me when I posted about wearing cloth diapers to bed, in a Facebook group and someone mentioned to me, to make sure I used a "moisture barrier." I've worn cloth diapers before and I've tried once to keep them on as long as I've done with disposables. After a while, as soft as the cloth diapers were, they started to hurt my behind. I went to bed thinking "rats! I never thought of that" and I guess it was on my mind so much, I had a dream about it and woke up wondering has anyone tried wearing briefs.

I've never worn wet briefs before, so I don't know if it would have the same effect on your skin as a cloth diaper would, but if for some reason it didn't, then that would solve the problem. Not to mention, even if you were a heavy wetter, the waistband on briefs were so "fitted" (at least to me it was, back when I wore them as a kid), the pressure would have to fight it's way through the underwear and then there's still a matter of my two cloth toddler size pre-fold diapers as stuffers, THEN one large pre-fold diaper to cover it all.

I honestly don't know if the idea would work, but I'll be finding out by this weekend, as I have the first half of my gear and the second half should be in the mail tomorrow.

This is all just a theory I was very happy to share with you all, since I don't believe I've ever known anyone else to try it.

It is definitely one very interesting theory of yours and on the surface it appears to "hold water".....lol. I await to hear the outcome of your weekend experiement:thumbsup:

I tried it. It sort of works. Interesting. Must study this in more detail......lol

Sorry for taking so long, I just started my "cloth diapers at night" routine last night. Granted, this is my first time using cloth diapers because usually I prefer disposables (born in 1980 :p ). My set up consists of one large prefold, two toddler size prefolds at the top of the diaper for extra padding and of course, a pair of men's briefs. Man, I punished that diaper harder than I ever did to a disposable, drunk extra bottles of water before bed and all. So far, not a single leak!! :) Which for me is very important because I'm very turned off by a wet bed and when it does happen, my former "potty training" kicks back in and I have a hard time trying to wet while lying down.

As for it sort of working, just like extra padding in a diaper, you could probably put on more than just one pair, so during a "full on blast" it doesn't soak right through quickly. I know one thing, I spent close to $300 for my entire set up, so it's an expensive investment (considering I could have just gotten some more baby clothes lol). However, if it continues to work, I may never get up to use the bathroom at night again :)

Ebonybaby said:
Sorry for taking so long, I just started my "cloth diapers at night" routine last night. Granted, this is my first time using cloth diapers because usually I prefer disposables (born in 1980 [emoji14] ). My set up consists of one large prefold, two toddler size prefolds at the top of the diaper for extra padding and of course, a pair of men's briefs. Man, I punished that diaper harder than I ever did to a disposable, drunk extra bottles of water before bed and all. So far, not a single leak!! :) Which for me is very important because I'm very turned off by a wet bed and when it does happen, my former "potty training" kicks back in and I have a hard time trying to wet while lying down.

As for it sort of working, just like extra padding in a diaper, you could probably put on more than just one pair, so during a "full on blast" it doesn't soak right through quickly. I know one thing, I spent close to $300 for my entire set up, so it's an expensive investment (considering I could have just gotten some more baby clothes lol). However, if it continues to work, I may never get up to use the bathroom at night again :)
So are you saying you just use a tidy whitey in place of pins or are you using them in place of plastic as well? Your descrption sounds great except I would definitely cover it all with plastic.

I haven't worn briefs for many years, but when I did and the elastic got wet, I would get a rash around the waist often, probably due to the elastic holding the moisture. I have had much better luck wearing soft cloth diapers (4 layers at night) with the pinked edge around my waist. Add a good pair of waterproof pants and I very seldom get a leak.

I've found tucking the elastic at the legs and waist of oversized plastic pants back underneath the diaper (forming cuffs) minimizes leaks. With this arrangement wetting will even puddle in pants without leaking.

Here's what I do: I put on the men's briefs first. Reason being for the elastic waste band holding against the waste and keeping me from urinating upwards and out of the diaper. Plus it acts like a shield, bleeding over into the diapers. I put two toddler size prefold diapers inside of a large prefold adult diaper, near the top and fold up the whole thing. Once it's pinned in place, I put on my plastic pants (sorry, I forgot to mention that part) to cover the whole thing. My diaper was SOPPING wet this morning, as I must have woken up to wet at least four-five times and it didn't leak ether lying on my back or belly. As for the side (which is my favorite position) I haven't got up the courage to try it yet, but I might tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back