Anthrocon, is it too early to start planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Hey all you furries! I know it's early, and I am not really a Furry yet, and have never gone to a convention. But, I am seriously thinking about going to Anthrocon this year. I think I could become more of a Furry, but I primarily just want to meet people IRL in a safe, huge convention like Anthrocon.

So....who all is going this year?

Fuck no, it's never too early to plan for a furry convention. I plan RMFC a year in advance or as soon as I hear the theme. Sadly I will not be making it to AC this year. I have BLFC in May and then RMFC in August AND maybe not sure yet RF in September.

But this all depends on if I get the job I applied for. Either way, have fun at AC. It's a big con, lots of people to meet and greet.

If you don't get a lot of responses here, remember to try getting on Furaffinity or another furry related site & ask around on there.

- - - Updated - - -

But no. It's never too early. When I went to my first one back in February, I'd been packing & planning for about 4 months.

If people were planning for Y2K in 1993 and it was gonna happen in 2000, you can plan for a con as soon as you want, I'm not a con attender, but I really don't think it matters.

Why do you say you aren't really a furry yet? You don't have to pass some furry requirements test.

I have never been to a furry convention, but I've heard of people making plans several months in advance.

I am an european, and I would say that -atleast for Eurofurence- you just HAVE to start planning very early. The convention is full since january and it only takes place in august. I'm mad because I wanted to go there since a long time.

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I think I will go. If I make a hotel reservation now, I can always cancel without paying too much of a penalty. Who knows, after my first furry convention, I might discover my "inner Fur". I do think some Furry art work is cute, so I guess that makes me a little bit of a Fur. I just don't see myself as donning a Fur costume. If/when I go, I will probably make a badge with my Avatar picture on it so People from ADISC might recognize me. Everyone else will just see a cute tiger cub.

Not everyone at furry conventions does fur suits. They're very expensive & it's just not everyone's cup of tea. So don't worry if you're not wearing one. Most at the con won't be. But you'll see lots wearing them.

I am debating whether or not to go to "FurFright 2015" in the Autumn with a lady furry Asperger's/Autism friend of mine. If I do, I will bring and wear my wolf fursuit costume.

caitianx said:
I am debating whether or not to go to "FurFright 2015" in the Autumn with a lady furry Asperger's/Autism friend of mine. If I do, I will bring and wear my wolf fursuit costume.

FurFright ended in 2013. Unless it started back up again, but there was no con in 2014 and google provides no results showing a 15?

EDIT: Yeah, there is definitely no FurFright 2015. Very sad though, I wanted to go to it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back