Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthrocon, is it too early to start planning?

Default Anthrocon, is it too early to start planning?

Hey all you furries! I know it's early, and I am not really a Furry yet, and have never gone to a convention. But, I am seriously thinking about going to Anthrocon this year. I think I could become more of a Furry, but I primarily just want to meet people IRL in a safe, huge convention like Anthrocon.

So....who all is going this year?

Fuck no, it's never too early to plan for a furry convention. I plan RMFC a year in advance or as soon as I hear the theme. Sadly I will not be making it to AC this year. I have BLFC in May and then RMFC in August AND maybe not sure yet RF in September.

But this all depends on if I get the job I applied for. Either way, have fun at AC. It's a big con, lots of people to meet and greet.

If you don't get a lot of responses here, remember to try getting on Furaffinity or another furry related site & ask around on there.

- - - Updated - - -

But no. It's never too early. When I went to my first one back in February, I'd been packing & planning for about 4 months.

If people were planning for Y2K in 1993 and it was gonna happen in 2000, you can plan for a con as soon as you want, I'm not a con attender, but I really don't think it matters.

I say go. Anthrocon is a huge event and it will be a good medium to test the waters on whether or not you are in to that type of thing.
    Last edited by Note; 07-Apr-2015 at 12:08.

Why do you say you aren't really a furry yet? You don't have to pass some furry requirements test.

I have never been to a furry convention, but I've heard of people making plans several months in advance.

I am an european, and I would say that -atleast for Eurofurence- you just HAVE to start planning very early. The convention is full since january and it only takes place in august. I'm mad because I wanted to go there since a long time.

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, I think I will go. If I make a hotel reservation now, I can always cancel without paying too much of a penalty. Who knows, after my first furry convention, I might discover my "inner Fur". I do think some Furry art work is cute, so I guess that makes me a little bit of a Fur. I just don't see myself as donning a Fur costume. If/when I go, I will probably make a badge with my Avatar picture on it so People from ADISC might recognize me. Everyone else will just see a cute tiger cub.

Not everyone at furry conventions does fur suits. They're very expensive & it's just not everyone's cup of tea. So don't worry if you're not wearing one. Most at the con won't be. But you'll see lots wearing them.

I am debating whether or not to go to "FurFright 2015" in the Autumn with a lady furry Asperger's/Autism friend of mine. If I do, I will bring and wear my wolf fursuit costume.