Sort of re-using nappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Trying to search about this but I couldn't find much. I love a full nappy (pee only) as much as the next person but what I do get grumpy about is being in my own pee too long. I have started slipping off the used one after a while and putting on clean one then putting the soiled one on the outside. It gives a second layer and the bulky feeling but less skin contact. Didn't know if anyone else does this or can forsee any issue with it?

I only reuse clean diapers. Say I get home from work and my daytime diaper isn't wet and isn't too physically worn out. I'll carefully slip out of it and place it in the drawer, to use another evening for a few hours of wear say between evening and bedtime

I use a two diaper cycle system that works pretty well. I like em thick (who doesn't, lol) so I have one underneath for function and one over top for feel or appearance. (Sometimes the ones that work best don't have the best plastic on the outside for an authentic feel, or don't have a cute print.) Then once the bottom layer is used I'll toss it, use the top layer as the bottom layer and add a new top layer. The cycle continues that way, always swapping out the bottom layer. I've got a few printed ones that I've used a dozen times as outer layers, simply because they're clean and the under layer keeps them from wearing out. Essentially I use them as diaper covers.

When they finally start to wear out I tape them on and go swimming. <3

I don't know about re-using wet diapers. You're kind of asking for an infection. At least where I live it is quite humid, and you can see small black mold dots developing on the liner within the first 24 hours. I know everywhere is different, but still.

I would be concerned with sanitary problems. Even if you place something between their is the breeding ground for germs that can result in them spreading. This could also promote a diaper rash.

Why anybody would want to re-wear a wet diaper is beyond me. Gross.

As long as you don't mess, used diapers aren't going to hurt you. Urine ("pee")is sterile- no bacteria, nothing funky will grow, you won't get "infected" with anything.

The worst thing that happens in the short term is ammonia. After a few days the natural decomposition of the urine produces some ammonia, which can be very irritating to your skin.

If you want to be in thick squishy diapers, but don't want to marinate yourself in old piss, then layering is your best bet.

CodyRush has a great system. Basically, use a single diaper for function, then put more on top for thickness.

Another approach is to puncture & layer your diapers. Poke/tear holes in a diaper so it leaks, then put another punctured diaper over it, maybe one more (or many more . . .). Finish with an xl-size premium diaper "topper". When you "change", you toss any layers that are funky or falling apart, add a fresh base-layer, then put the rest of the used diapers back on top. This way you get to enjoy the squish and funk of a well-used diaper, without being in direct contact with it.

P.S. @boobybird89: Some people do, some people don't. Some of us like to wear dresses, some like to mess, some only ever wear dry diapers and never use them . . . there's all sorts of people here. ;)

carstoncouche said:
As long as you don't mess, used diapers aren't going to hurt you. Urine ("pee")is sterile- no bacteria, nothing funky will grow, you won't get "infected" with anything.
The worst thing that happens in the short term is ammonia. After a few days the natural decomposition of the urine produces some ammonia, which can be very irritating to your skin. ;)

The ammonia is a waste product of bacteria - that is how urine (and most organics) decomposes.

If we're talking about adding overnight bulk, I don't think this is really an issue. It's not too different than those of us that have simply worn wet diapers for a long time. I've regularly been wet for 5-10 hour stretches with no negative consequences, though I quickly add that my skin isn't very sensitive.

If we're talking about saving a used diaper for more than the same day, I think health risks as well as environment issues like smell become a much bigger problem and I wouldn't encourage it.

boobybird89 said:
Why anybody would want to re-wear a wet diaper is beyond me. Gross.

well, to be fair, "gross" is pretty subjective. I think the majority of (lets call them, "normal people") would call putting on a diaper and deliberately wetting it "gross" too. I try to be as open-minded as possible. (tho #2 in my diaper crosses MY personal "gross" line)

Deliberately wetting a diaper and re-wearing one that you already wetted are two different things. But then, if that person wants to do that and develop a bad rash or risk getting an infection, who am I to question them? My opinion is that its gross and I'm sticking to it.

I have in the past tried a few times in wearing a used pullup (soaked with pee only) and I found the feeling to be quite uncomfortable and cold. On the other hand I have stayed in soaked pullups for as long as 8 hours and just loved that wet and still basically warm feeling. So, it is definitely a personal thing to wear used or not. And I am not certain if this is a healthy thing or not to do (rashes, that sort of thing). All I know is I am very particular about cleaning myself with unscented wipes and then using baby powder before the next pullup goes on.

boobybird89 said:
Deliberately wetting a diaper and re-wearing one that you already wetted are two different things. But then, if that person wants to do that and develop a bad rash or risk getting an infection, who am I to question them? My opinion is that its gross and I'm sticking to it.

Since the previously wet diaper is one layer away in the OP's scenario, I don't see the rash or infection risk. There's no longer term contact with urine than there would be from just changing to a clean diaper, since that's just what is happening. It's not how I like to do things but aside from smelling more of stale urine, I don't see the risk.

Exactly how is this a problem? It's almost the same difference as putting 2 or 3 diapers together for extra thickness along with the fact the used one is on the outside so I don't see a problem with this whatsoever...in fact, very creative but aside from the urine smell of course.

It wouldn't cause any kind of rash anyway siding the fact the plastic is keeping the other diaper away from your fresh one so nothing bad is going to come out of this.

Nice to see the discussion so to clarify, it's normally a case of a good wetting in the first. As long as I'm hydrated and the smell isnt strong then slip it over the outside of the fresh one so it's there for bulk reasons. Gives the bulky feeling but inside I'm clean and fresh. I don't keep them for use later it will literally go on the next one if I am re-diapering or in the trash. I normally will do it with an evening one put on the outside of the clean one before bed for the comfy feeling but without going to sleep in a wet one as I have found that in the past to cause me issues.

Cheers

Kupo

That strikes me as pretty reasonable, and better than double diapering with slits if you want to feel dry on the inside one.

Enjoy!

There are times that I can be 1 step out of sync to the rest of the world. It just dawned on me that we are talking about wearing the soaked diaper on the OUTSIDE of the fresh diaper:wallbash:. Got it. Now.....groan. That I would do without any worries.

You shouldn't reuse wet diapers. You could get yeast infections, UTI's, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back