Gary Wear Disposal Cover for Disposables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm thinking about getting these. But I wanted to ask for others' experience with respect to sizing.

http://www.northshorecare.com/brows...nds/garywear-active-briefs-diaper-covers.html

I measured myself as according to their guide and got the following:

Waist: 38.5
Hip: 40
Thigh: 25.5

Which (hip aside) puts me either in the top end of medium or middle-ish of large. The hip dimension to me correlates to diaper space so I'm inclined to want more room given I primarily wear Confidry 24/7s.

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience here. I'm leaning to large if only to feel more comfortable / loose for movement, but I don't want to render it pointless because it is too loose. Is it okay to be in the middle of the size spectrum or is it better to be at higher extreme?

To me the thigh measurement is the most important. I would want it somewhere in the middle.
You don't want the leg elastics cutting into your thighs. Remember it you have a leak with a
disposable the urine has no place to go other than be contained inside the plastic pants.

oleman72 said:
To me the thigh measurement is the most important. I would want it somewhere in the middle.
You don't want the leg elastics cutting into your thighs. Remember it you have a leak with a
disposable the urine has no place to go other than be contained inside the plastic pants.

100% agree with all of this. I actually have a hard time finding pants that agree with my 27" thighs while not being too big in other areas. And in that regard, these particular Gary pants look awesome! Hmmmm.

Alpha, it might do to clarify your expectations of these pants. As oleman says, non-lined pants like these don't really do a lot over a disposable diaper. If you really want an extra layer of protection, you might look for a lightly lined pant instead.

It's pretty much a cover for the reasons I outlined about my boxers mentioned here:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92618

In short I've noticed my diaper isn't all stretched out and loose in the morning if I have something over it. It isn't hard to imagine, instead of the plastic and tapes stretching out because your weight is on it and you roll over, etc etc.

So I guess with that in mind the thigh "tightness" isn't too needed so long they don't start falling off.

I really love these pants. I have several pairs.
I only use xxl and I have a 42in waist. The legs are snug and yet the pant as a whole has good rise in the back and plenty of room for a thick diaper throughout.

I love these pants and they seem to wear forever. I have had mine over a year and wear them every night. According to Gary, thigh measurement is so important.

I would swear by this product. I think you should go for the large as your measurements are very close to mine. I have at least 6 of these and always use something like under armour boxer brief over the top and at night I'll put a small Northshore booster between the diaper and pant to help soak up most of any leaks. I would like to see a version of this product be flannel lined, but I really don't require that level of protection. I mostly use boosted Confidrys at night and they rarely leak anyway, but I like the added security and it does relieve strain on the diaper.

I hate to be the dissenting opinion here, but I have one of these and they just don't work for me. I think the problem is that the leg elastics are wrapped, which puts some of the polyester inside the cover, allowing it to wick. I think. Regardless, every time I wear these, I end up with wetness on the outside of the cover.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back