zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Who is ready? I know i am

I'm ready although I must admit I got kinda lost in season 2. It's definitely not like the book.

My wife and I are ready as we've enjoyed the last two seasons. But yeah, it isn't at all like the book. Even the major characters have different personalities, are good instead of bad, etc. from the book. It's really kind of weird in that regard.

Starrunner said:
I almost forgot about this show. I loved the first season, but I thought it got a little weird (or weirder) in the second season. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Anybody know when it starts?

i don't know the month it just says this summer!

I need to finish season two. I don't think I did.

I enjoyed the book, but I haven't seen the television series. Sometimes i find when they make films or series, it is never as good as the book. Possibly because the film makers have to cut so much out to fit it into a two-three hour film slot.

I never read the book but started the TV show out of boredom and curiosity. I absolutely loved Season 1 but lost it during Season 2 (and of course a certain person's death in the high school), but I'll give Season 3 a redeeming attempt.

Andromeda said:
I enjoyed the book, but I haven't seen the television series. Sometimes i find when they make films or series, it is never as good as the book. Possibly because the film makers have to cut so much out to fit it into a two-three hour film slot.

The television version is completely different from the book. Even the characters' personalities are different. It's really a completely different story other than that they're under an impenetrable dome in Chester's Mill.

Why do directors/ producers when they make film adaptations of books of this calibre feel the need to change the original story. I hate this when it happens and feel completely let down, especially if I have read the book before actually seeing the film. I enjoy reading Stephen King's books and have noticed that when they are turned into films, they are never as good as the books.

Andromeda said:
I enjoy reading Stephen King's books and have noticed that when they are turned into films, they are never as good as the books.

Very true! But then again, it's hard to take a 600 pg SK book and make it into a 2 hour movie. This leads to artistic license where the producers cut the hell out of the story. The mini series idea had promise, but as stated before, it's a different story. It will be interesting to see of the book ends the same as the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back