Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
I know this sounds contradictory, but there are those who self-identify as something other than an animal. Usually these individuals are called "otherkin". I knew someone who identified as an "irken" from Invader Zim. I, myself, feel more elven than human. I feel disconnected from humanity and am often disgusted by their actions.

Any more otherkins out there?

As a joke many years ago I made a fursona that was a washing machine called "Willard". He had no,legs, no arms, no head, he was just a plain old washing machine that washed clothes and sat in the basement, but I gave him all the info a fursona would have (age, nationality, interests).

I consider myself a anime catboy, to a certain extent.

Homestuck trolls are also everywhere, most furry affiliated of which happens to be those who dress as Nepeta Leijon/Meulin Leijon/any Leo derivative fantroll. I am one of the few who actually cosplay as their own fantroll, not a "canon" troll. On a separate note; I do like furry culture, even imagine myself being among furry people (my imagination posits them as extraterrestrials), but I can't imagine myself being one.

I feel like a Catgirl. It's been that way for years now. And the ones that claim to be food are trolls.

I always heard that otherkin were people who believed they were reincarnated as the person they currently are, and have the soul of whatever they were in a previous life/they are 'truly' something other than human. While furries are just people who like pretending to be anthropomorphic animals (although I guess there's some overlap...)

I know a couple of people who're kin, one's vampirekin and the other I'm not sure. They're nice enough, but I personally don't feel I'm anything other than a person 'really'. I've also met people who have personas that are elves, aliens, or even just very small/very large people, ahah.

CharliePup said:
I always heard that otherkin were people who believed they were reincarnated as the person they currently are, and have the soul of whatever they were in a previous life/they are 'truly' something other than human. While furries are just people who like pretending to be anthropomorphic animals (although I guess there's some overlap...)
Makes sence, I sometimes fell I had several reincarnations, cats dogs, and a few others, and one of them was Japanese, which explains why I like Japanese culture.
CharliePup said:
I know a couple of people who're kin, one's vampirekin and the other I'm not sure. They're nice enough, but I personally don't feel I'm anything other than a person 'really'. I've also met people who have personas that are elves, aliens, or even just very small/very large people, ahah.
Huh, that is interesting.

Technically, my fursona is a Digimon, but I don't really care enough to make a huge deal about the distinction.

I'm a furry and an otherkin. The difference was explained p. well above, but I'll go over it again just in case:

Furry is a fandom, and a fursona is an animal version of yourself that you create.

Otherkin is based on beliefs. An otherkin personally believes that they somehow "are" or "were" something other than human. This can be through past lives, soul exchanges, or for some just a VERY strong feeling of being something else that's unexplainable. As for me, I'm "fictionkin" of an Elsen from Mortis Ghost's OFF...humanity is confusing :\

I don't know if it's quite "otherkin", but I heavily relate to faeries- the wild, "will gladly eff you up if need be" faeries, not the tinkerbell kind. Humans i general kind of suck, what they do to themselves and others, and what they are capable of frighten me to no end.

I'd mostly say I'm a bit of a Otherkin, really. I'm more of a catboy than anything, although it depends...

What do you call us folks who like the furry scene but don't identify with any animal or object? For example, I adore the furry stuff. The art, the RPing, its all cool, but I myself feel no desire to identify with anything. :smile1:

FeekaDimension said:
I'm a furry and an otherkin. The difference was explained p. well above, but I'll go over it again just in case:

Furry is a fandom, and a fursona is an animal version of yourself that you create.

Otherkin is based on beliefs. An otherkin personally believes that they somehow "are" or "were" something other than human. This can be through past lives, soul exchanges, or for some just a VERY strong feeling of being something else that's unexplainable. As for me, I'm "fictionkin" of an Elsen from Mortis Ghost's OFF...humanity is confusing :\

Wait so does that make me otherkin, since I'm not human?

Entropio said:
Wait so does that make me otherkin, since I'm not human?

If you actually identify as a nonhuman in some way, then that probably does make you otherkin.

I identify as a ham sandwich anthropomorphic.

That's why I don't eat pork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back