Wearing Diapers while Flying? How to not get extra attention by the TSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I read an article this morning on the Washington Post about a leaked TSA document. It outlines some of the tell-tale signs TSA agents look for in identifying potential terrorists. Some of us who like to wear diapers (or have to) might find some of these helpful in avoiding an embarrassing situation...

I guess for those who don't care about being exposed in a security line need not read forward.

[The Article]:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-tsas-secretive-list-of-suspicious-behaviors/

[Summary of Suspicious Behaviors]:
Apparently they are on a point system where more suspicious behaviors earn more points and less suspicious behaviors earn less. Get a total of 4 and you'll get pulled aside. Get 6 and they call law enforcement!!

Showing Stress - 1pt
Arriving to Security Late - 1pt
Whistling while arriving @ Security - 1pt
Showing signs of Fear - 2pts
Repetitive Grooming (running fingers through hair, adjusting clothes, etc) - 2pts
Tightly Gripping one's bag - 2pts
Caught in Deception - 3pts
Appearing Confused or Disoriented - 3pts
A Freshly Shaven Beard - article doesn't give point value for this
Having an Arabic sounding name - doesn't address :)

In some sense, this seems like common sense. But it's also sort of odd to see it quantified out int his way. In any case, best wishes out there. I'm sure I've had one or two of these show up on me when I've traveled. Even without a diaper, I'm usually nervous and antsy. Hate flying and hate getting screwed - both things usually happen at airports.

Last edited:
Great big diaper bulge in your pants -6pts
LOL.

But seriously, don't try to fly a couple days after your driver's license expires. That gets plenty of extra attention, I know.

Here is how I handle the situation. I simply don't fly. I use the train which is cheaper, safer, and sometimes occasionally faster depending on the location. Why? Because the security personnel are actually professional and know what they are doing with surprising consistency instead of a bunch of "trained" TSA agents can be trying to get me killed. There is no way I am going on a plane because of the obvious lack of professionalism being displayed is more likely to get me killed then a crash or some terrorist attack statistically speaking. What makes unprofessionalism so dangerous is what are the odds that someone who is quite dangerous but not going to otherwise do anything decides to cause trouble when provoked by staff who enjoy harassing passengers? Extremely high statistically speaking. Essentially when airport security yells out to everyone that someone is wearing a diaper that can provoke someone who is not necessarily going to handle the situation well. There are plenty of combat veterans out there that don't like being disrespected because their injuries resulting in incontinence and have yet to come to terms with it. Being publicly embarrassed is bad but when you put a trained fighter into the equation it goes from bad to outright dangerous. Would you feel safe knowing that someone right next to you who was clearly mentally unstable had a gun at a airport security checkpoint because they where getting ready to legally transport somewhere? You can transport your guns by surrendering them at appropriate places and pick them up at your destination as long as they are not with you on the plane. Seeing how it is security personnel at airports actually encourage this behavior which can get me killed I think I will not fly ever because I like breathing and people would miss me very much.

I went through security a month ago going and coming back. Both times I had a diaper on and an extra change in my carry on shoulder bag. It didn't even phase them. Not a thing was said and I breezed right through.

Canon fuse protruding from pants -- 1pt
Vintage-style alarm clock wired to pants -- 1pt

(Because, well, this is the TSA we're talking about. The point values won't--shouldn't!--make any sense.)

cm90210 said:
I read an article this morning on the Washington Post about a leaked TSA document. It outlines some of the tell-tale signs TSA agents look for in identifying potential terrorists. Some of us who like to wear diapers (or have to) might find some of these helpful in avoiding an embarrassing situation...

I guess for those who don't care about being exposed in a security line need not read forward.

[The Article]:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-tsas-secretive-list-of-suspicious-behaviors/

[Summary of Suspicious Behaviors]:
Apparently they are on a point system where more suspicious behaviors earn more points and less suspicious behaviors earn less. Get a total of 4 and you'll get pulled aside. Get 6 and they call law enforcement!!

Showing Stress - 1pt
Arriving to Security Late - 1pt
Whistling while arriving @ Security - 1pt
Repetitive Grooming (running fingers through hair, adjusting clothes, etc) - 2pts
Caught in Deception - 3pts
A Freshly Shaven Beard - article doesn't give point value for this
Having an Arabic sounding name - doesn't address :)

In some sense, this seems like common sense. But it's also sort of odd to see it quantified out int his way. In any case, best wishes out there. I'm sure I've had one or two of these show up on me when I've traveled. Even without a diaper, I'm usually nervous and antsy. Hate flying and hate getting screwed - both things usually happen at airports.

You know whats good is having a really old cell phone that is taped together in you backpack. Yup it needed to be tested for explosive particles with their swab because it looked sketchy. So glad I have a new cell phone now.

Word of advice--when your heritage has your family hailing from UAE (United Arab Emirates) with your name being 'Omar', don't stand in line for security and talk with your buddy about how a skydive you did was "da bomb". That will immediately get you pulled aside for some extra special screening procedures.

Yes, this truly did happen to a guy I jumped with. Everyone at our drop zone tried to avoid jumping with the guy on a regular basis, he was a bit of an idiot.

Aiport Security people have no sense of humor. As George Carlin stated, why should I be bothered by someone making a triple digit income with a double digit IQ rooting around for something that is never there.

use to fly all the time, it got annoying, I refuse to be scanned so i was always getting groped, usually it was no big deal, only one time a young TSA worker was freaked out I was wearing a diaper and I had to be screened in private with my pants down, thankfully I was dry and not in a printed diaper. It is a minor annoyance.

They didn't care last time I flew that I was wearing a diapie. I don't think they really cared about any thing else though either : / tsa is such a waste of tax payer money.

i have anxiety disorder so if with that i get these if i have an attack:
Showing Stress - 1pt
then i have adhd and a fig-it so add this:
plus i take some medication that can make a little out of it so:
total of ten points i might never make it on the plane :/

The last time I flew I was questioned at each and every stop on my trip. I suspect having all my diabetic medication in my carry-on may have been the cause.

Aby said:
use to fly all the time, it got annoying, I refuse to be scanned so i was always getting groped, usually it was no big deal, only one time a young TSA worker was freaked out I was wearing a diaper and I had to be screened in private with my pants down, thankfully I was dry and not in a printed diaper. It is a minor annoyance.

By law TSA can not stripe screach without Probable Cause at anytime because it would break the law and you could sue them for violation of your fourth amendment rights. The only thing TSA could do is a normal pat down of your person unless they find something for further cause to do a stripe search of your person.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I haven't flown in 8 years and I never had problems with TSA. I have been pulled aside when they had to check something in my bag but no big deal. That is why I arrive early. I have also flown diapered and nothing happened.

I travel a lot for work, and never board any plane without some kind of protection, though that's usually a peenie-pad or a pull-on. I've only flown fully diapered once, and I didn't pass through security wearing it--it was in my briefcase.

But never--not once--have I ever had anyone say anything about any incontinence product I was wearing or was carrying in my bag. Once, when checking into a hotel in the Philippines, they insisted on going through my suitcase. They're very security conscious there, so I wasn't surprised, but I was a little nervous since I'd brought diapers with me. Nothing. There was no way he didn't see them in there but didn't say a thing.

The reality is that people at the TSA or wherever see it all. They see the oddities we all have, the little quirks we only show when we're alone in our rooms or with those we love and trust, and think nothing of it. I'm sure it's a little shocking at first, but I'm equally sure that they become inured to it in short order. The nervousness we feel is almost never warranted, and the fear we all share about being "outed" exists only in our minds. No one cares that we're a little weird if for no other reason than everyone else is too.

-RMS

most of us wear loose pants to hide our diapers.
find a belt with no metal on it to hold your pants up.

there are a number of Airport Friendly Belts out there.
there are also airport friendly shoes.

I always fly diapered with extras in a carry on bag. Always baby print diapers too. Nothing has ever been said to me about having or wearing diapers.

When I use to fly, I flew a lot, several times a month, I was a roadie, I traveled all over the country and to Canada and the U.K. no one really ever cared that i was diapered, they would kind of raise their eyebrows when the patted me down, and ran their finger on the inside of my waistline, usually this was not an issue, sometimes they asked if I would prefer a private screening room, usually they would just run me through. I was always getting patted down as I refuse to get "scanned" by an untrained federal worker, working a machine that has been proven to be ineffective wastes of money, they don't work very well and are easy to fool. They also are not calibrated or maintained by professionals, the machines could easily be defective and radiate people beyond healthy levels, they also concentrate the radiation to the skin, there are no long term studies on these machines.
The day I got asked to go to a private screening room I was flying to work from Las Vegas, a young TSA agent felt me up and got uncomfortable and didn't know what to do when he could feel the thickness of my diaper when he tried to pat down and grope my testicles, the young TSA agent asked for his superior, privately explained the situation to his boss, about 10 feet from me just out of ear shot. They both came back to where I was still standing and asked me to follow them to a private screening room, there I was asked to unbutton my shirt and pull my pants down, they then gave me a thorough pat down and groping, which satisfied the boss and they let me go, minus a little pride. I never fly wet, the diaper is only their incase I wet in my sleep and it makes me feel more comfortable, I very rarely ever wet a diaper while on a plane, I think I use to do it many years ago but the novelty wore off and it became a hassle to deal with a wet diaper in a cramped seating arrangement, there was at least one time though in 2012 after I hurt my back and was heavily medicated that I wet while napping on the plane. I don't know what else to say, it not like I took a selfie with the TSA agents with my pants around my ankles.

The TSA has final say on if you can fly or not, they can ask you to pull your pants down, you can say no, see how far that gets you. You won't be flying to your original destination, if you are allowed to fly at all. They did not ask me to take the diaper off so it was about the same as seeing any person in their underwear, it is not a "strip search". What they requested would not get them in trouble in court, you cannot sue them for asking to have a private search. They also search everything I own before I fly, they do not need a search warrant or reasonable suspicion, if they find more than 10,000 dollars cash they can seize it and I would have to fight to get it back.

They can fondle my balls in broad day light, in public, with no privacy, and somehow someone thinks they can't ask me to go to a private screening room and pull down my pants? They have already sexually molested me, they have grabbed my testicles and felt around them, they slide their fingers around the waistline of my pants on many occasions, but somehow it would be illegal for them to take me to a private screening room to ask me to pull my pants down to confirm that the padding they felt when they fondled my testicles was actually a diaper and not a bomb, I don't think this is an unreasonable request considering I am younger than the age of people that are more likely to wear diapers, I wear thick diapers, and there was a guy who has tried to set bomb off in their shoes or underwear

- - - Updated - - -

I am not the only one that this has happened too - http://www.sott.net/article/238587-...SA-Agents-Made-Them-Pull-Down-Pants-Underwear

- - - Updated - - -

I have flown a lot since 2005, this was one little occurrence, usually the TSA agent fondling me was older and understood that I was wearing a diaper, this incident occurred because the TSA agent was new and young and didn't know what to do, he followed the directions of his supervisor and I was never left alone with just one person, they never saw me naked, and they asked if I would consent to a private screening, it was annoying and a bit embarrassing for me, but probably more embarrassing for the young TSA agent.

- - - Updated - - -

you waiver your 4th amendment rights when you try to board a commercial plane and go through security screening - https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...-youre-not-free-to-leave-screening-area.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Cottontail said:
Canon fuse protruding from pants -- 1pt
Vintage-style alarm clock wired to pants -- 1pt

"ticking sound" coming from pants - 2pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back