Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wearing Diapers while Flying? How to not get extra attention by the TSA

Default Wearing Diapers while Flying? How to not get extra attention by the TSA

I read an article this morning on the Washington Post about a leaked TSA document. It outlines some of the tell-tale signs TSA agents look for in identifying potential terrorists. Some of us who like to wear diapers (or have to) might find some of these helpful in avoiding an embarrassing situation...

I guess for those who don't care about being exposed in a security line need not read forward.

[The Article]:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ous-behaviors/

[Summary of Suspicious Behaviors]:
    Apparently they are on a point system where more suspicious behaviors earn more points and less suspicious behaviors earn less. Get a total of 4 and you'll get pulled aside. Get 6 and they call law enforcement!!

Showing Stress - 1pt
    Arriving to Security Late - 1pt
    Whistling while arriving @ Security - 1pt
    Showing signs of Fear - 2pts
    Repetitive Grooming (running fingers through hair, adjusting clothes, etc) - 2pts
    Tightly Gripping one's bag - 2pts
    Caught in Deception - 3pts
    Appearing Confused or Disoriented - 3pts
    A Freshly Shaven Beard - article doesn't give point value for this
    Having an Arabic sounding name - doesn't address

In some sense, this seems like common sense. But it's also sort of odd to see it quantified out int his way. In any case, best wishes out there. I'm sure I've had one or two of these show up on me when I've traveled. Even without a diaper, I'm usually nervous and antsy. Hate flying and hate getting screwed - both things usually happen at airports.
    Last edited by cm90210; 31-Mar-2015 at 18:37. Reason: typo

Great big diaper bulge in your pants -6pts
    LOL.

But seriously, don't try to fly a couple days after your driver's license expires. That gets plenty of extra attention, I know.

Here is how I handle the situation. I simply don't fly. I use the train which is cheaper, safer, and sometimes occasionally faster depending on the location. Why? Because the security personnel are actually professional and know what they are doing with surprising consistency instead of a bunch of "trained" TSA agents can be trying to get me killed. There is no way I am going on a plane because of the obvious lack of professionalism being displayed is more likely to get me killed then a crash or some terrorist attack statistically speaking. What makes unprofessionalism so dangerous is what are the odds that someone who is quite dangerous but not going to otherwise do anything decides to cause trouble when provoked by staff who enjoy harassing passengers? Extremely high statistically speaking. Essentially when airport security yells out to everyone that someone is wearing a diaper that can provoke someone who is not necessarily going to handle the situation well. There are plenty of combat veterans out there that don't like being disrespected because their injuries resulting in incontinence and have yet to come to terms with it. Being publicly embarrassed is bad but when you put a trained fighter into the equation it goes from bad to outright dangerous. Would you feel safe knowing that someone right next to you who was clearly mentally unstable had a gun at a airport security checkpoint because they where getting ready to legally transport somewhere? You can transport your guns by surrendering them at appropriate places and pick them up at your destination as long as they are not with you on the plane. Seeing how it is security personnel at airports actually encourage this behavior which can get me killed I think I will not fly ever because I like breathing and people would miss me very much.

I went through security a month ago going and coming back. Both times I had a diaper on and an extra change in my carry on shoulder bag. It didn't even phase them. Not a thing was said and I breezed right through.

Canon fuse protruding from pants -- 1pt
    Vintage-style alarm clock wired to pants -- 1pt

(Because, well, this is the TSA we're talking about. The point values won't--shouldn't!--make any sense.)

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    I read an article this morning on the Washington Post about a leaked TSA document. It outlines some of the tell-tale signs TSA agents look for in identifying potential terrorists. Some of us who like to wear diapers (or have to) might find some of these helpful in avoiding an embarrassing situation...

I guess for those who don't care about being exposed in a security line need not read forward.

[The Article]:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ous-behaviors/

[Summary of Suspicious Behaviors]:
    Apparently they are on a point system where more suspicious behaviors earn more points and less suspicious behaviors earn less. Get a total of 4 and you'll get pulled aside. Get 6 and they call law enforcement!!

Showing Stress - 1pt
    Arriving to Security Late - 1pt
    Whistling while arriving @ Security - 1pt
    Showing signs of Fear - 2pts
    Repetitive Grooming (running fingers through hair, adjusting clothes, etc) - 2pts
    Tightly Gripping one's bag - 2pts
    Caught in Deception - 3pts
    Appearing Confused or Disoriented - 3pts
    A Freshly Shaven Beard - article doesn't give point value for this
    Having an Arabic sounding name - doesn't address

In some sense, this seems like common sense. But it's also sort of odd to see it quantified out int his way. In any case, best wishes out there. I'm sure I've had one or two of these show up on me when I've traveled. Even without a diaper, I'm usually nervous and antsy. Hate flying and hate getting screwed - both things usually happen at airports.
    You know whats good is having a really old cell phone that is taped together in you backpack. Yup it needed to be tested for explosive particles with their swab because it looked sketchy. So glad I have a new cell phone now.

Word of advice--when your heritage has your family hailing from UAE (United Arab Emirates) with your name being 'Omar', don't stand in line for security and talk with your buddy about how a skydive you did was "da bomb". That will immediately get you pulled aside for some extra special screening procedures.

Yes, this truly did happen to a guy I jumped with. Everyone at our drop zone tried to avoid jumping with the guy on a regular basis, he was a bit of an idiot.

Aiport Security people have no sense of humor. As George Carlin stated, why should I be bothered by someone making a triple digit income with a double digit IQ rooting around for something that is never there.

use to fly all the time, it got annoying, I refuse to be scanned so i was always getting groped, usually it was no big deal, only one time a young TSA worker was freaked out I was wearing a diaper and I had to be screened in private with my pants down, thankfully I was dry and not in a printed diaper. It is a minor annoyance.

They didn't care last time I flew that I was wearing a diapie. I don't think they really cared about any thing else though either : / tsa is such a waste of tax payer money.