When did you first find out that you weren't the only one who liked wearing diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
At one point in our lives, we all found out that we weren't the only ones who liked diapers, since we ended up in this amazing community.

I remember when I was 17 and I was on the "binge" part of my ABDL cycle. I wanted some answers, since I knew that I couldn't be the only person wanting to wear diapers, especially since birth.

In my research, I found this Yahoo Answers page [https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060801192630AA3to8g], started by a mother looking for answers to get her daughter to stop liking diapers. The "best answer" was from a person who had almost the same exact feelings as I did ("When I was 8 years old I liked diapers, but didn't express it to my parents. I didn't know how, and I thought it was scary the idea of maybe my friends finding out I wanted to wear diapers"). When I read that, I felt an extremely strong sense of community.

So, when did you first find out that you weren't "the only one?"

When did you first find out you are not the only one who likes to wear diapers

ParkABDL, This is a really good question that has been discussed numerous times before, but continues to be a topic of interest as this is something that intrigues us all.

I think it is useful to bring this up again for new users, but in connection with this, I share the link of the exact same question that I posed in a thread some five years ago that received about 79 responses. I believe the post and the responses are a worthwhile read. :detective3

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/30773-When-Did-You-First-Find-Out-quot-YOU-RE-NOT-THE-ONLY-ONE-WHO-LIKES-DIAPERS-quot-%29

(moderators -- For what it is worth, I think it has been a while since this topic came up and recommend that ParkABDL's thread continue despite having previous threads to this question. Finding out that you are not the only one who wears diapers is a true turning point in many ABDLs or DLs lives. It can have such an impact in accepting who you are and overcoming feelings of isolation and being alone. In fact, I would propose that this subject is so substantial that the topic warrants consideration of being a sticky or placed elsewhere where it can more easily be found by future readers. )

Reactions: carstoncouche
Tbh I didn't even go looking for such a long time, I mean seriously no one else in the world could be as big a freak as me right. Like who would actually want to be a baby right...and wear diapers ...come on...

Imagine my surprise when a couple of friends of mine were discussing these screwed up dudes that act like babies... They had seen something on tv. I swear I nearly died on the spot... How could they not have know that my heart was up in my throat. Anyway I was like 14 I guess. It wasn't till I finally got onto the Internet though, that I got brave enough to explore, and I haven't stopped since then, trying to find out as much as I can. I'd say these days kids have access to the Internet so early that they can check out everything they ever think of.

Well I have an interesting story. So I grew up in a neighborhood with two other boys around my age as neighbors. One summer around 4th grade we got together and formed the baby club. This was because one of the 2 friends also liked diapers and baby things. So we got together and we played house and I was usually the baby, but my friend was the baby sometimes too. We even got to the point where we saved up our nickles and dimes and we bought a bottle at a local garage sale. I still didn't realize that this was a big thing till I got internet access on my own time and I would Google things like being forced back into diapers and such and I read a lot of stories. Then I realized that I wasn't alone and there was a whole community out there. I finally joined this site at 18. That was a couple years ago now. I often think about the older folks and how they dealt with it growing up and even living a lot of there adult life pre-internet.

Well, to be honest the first time has to be, in middle school, also the csi episode, and other things, around 5th or 6th, grade. When I started looking things up, to be 100% honest, it started with one site and grew, after that, I eventually looked up more and found several diaper stories, images, and even found several sites, and other things, there was even a name that I looked up later, called ABDL, or infantileism, still I'm glad not to fell that way now, now that I have people like you, to talk about these things, I finally joined a few months ago, and I love every one of you. :hugs:

The very first time was when I was very young. About 6ish probably. I was playing with the pastors daughter at church during some type of event. For some reason I asked her if she had ever wanted to try wearing diapers again. She told me she still wore them at night. She said her parents didn't want her to, but she said she would lay on the bed and scream "I want my diapers, I want my diaper" until they would put one on her. That was the only time we ever spoke about it. I've often wondered how long she kept it up and if she is still into it today.

After that, when I realized there were adults into it was when I was 12 and we got the Internet for the first time.

It was the openness of the Internet that informed me that I was not the only one that liked to wear diapers. Now this was a time where you just did not mention this out in the open so it was quite the secret for me to maintain. When I saw online pictures for the first time of other people wearing diapers, not just because they were incontinent but because they liked it, I felt thrilled and relieved at the same time. But I still kept it a secret for many years before coming out about it.

I really didn't find out until I joined here.

I found out somewhere around when I was 14 or 15. It was a huge revelation to me. I don't even know how I exactly found out, but I had done a web search for something about diapers. I wish the first site I had come on was this one, but instead it was some site with Ab/dl stories and partially erotic photos. I mean, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that stuff, I just wish I had this site instead of material that was driving my newly found hormones insane.

The moment I found out though that there were other people, it was a huge revelation. I really could not imagine that anybody else in the world would feel the same as I did about wanting to wear diapers. Then all of the sudden I was wrong.

I started doing web searches in middle school. I found DPF at the time. I didn't want to talk or register, but the idea that all this was out there filled me with a lot of joy.

I wasn't wearing or even trying to wear at the time, but I started browsing the teen forums and looking for interesting topics or stories. I remember one in particular called "forever a child" by strawberry angel. It was about a girl starting high school who hated the idea of growing up and intentionally wet herself to get put back in diapers. Looking back, her mother's reaction isn't terribly believable, but in the story, everyone indulges her and loves her because they just want her to be happy.

I'd look at that moment as the one where I really grasped that all this stuff was possible to be a part of one's life and still be loved and happy.

boobybird89 said:
I really didn't find out until I joined here.

Me too! It was amazing to me...since then I've learned so much. I've even come to terms with it and am embracing this.

I really don't struggle embracing my bedwetting problems, it's just good to know that I found a place where I'm not the only one who does it and needs diapers to control it.

this may sound odd but i kinda new all along one of the ideas i operated on was the idea that not one person is the only one with something so if one person has it chances are others do to so i kinda knew the whole time to be fair when i was very young i did not operate under this and when i was very young

I was about 12/13 when I just started searching around and found a forum, had lots of trolls, but there were people on there who also liked diapers etc. then not long after I found this forum and I'm glad I did. For many years I thought I was the only or I was very rare and never told anyone.

I had a fascination with wanting to wear diapers since I was around 4 or 5, and while I did act on it from about 10 onward by making makeshift diapers out of towels and plastic bags I felt I was completely alone.

It was 1996, shortly after my 18th birthday, that I decided to type adults in diapers into the search engine. The results made me realize that I was not alone in these interests.

I found out when we were barely in the age of the internet we know today, but I wonder if there are some older members that can talk about how they found out they weren't alone.

I looked back at the old thread and this was my reply:

The first time I knew I wanted to be back in diapers was when I was 4. By the time I was 13 or 14, I was wetting my underwear. This was long before there were personal computers or the internet, and yes, I thought I was a freak. At the very least, I experienced a lot of guilt. By the time I was a senior in college, my mom found my stash and sent me to a psychiatrist. She also told me of someone else, an adult, who deliberately wet the bed. It was then that I realized I wasn't the only one, but the shame and guilt was magnified. It was around that time that I wrote my poem, "Drunken Boat Revisited" which I posted in the finished stories section. The "doing my blackest deed" is exactly that, wetting my underwear.

That said, back in 2010, I can remember I had a couple of friends when I was in junior high and high school who were into it as well. When I was in 6th grade, I had a friend who confided to me in a public bathroom that he liked wetting his underwear a little bit. I had another friend in high school who's mother was making him wash his own underwear because there was a "problem", so even then I knew I wasn't the only one.

For most of my life, I have felt I was the only person who wet the bed and liked to wear diapers. Then about 20 years ago (I really do not remember when) I decide to search the internet on diapers or something similar. I found the website DPF and realized I was not alone! I've been much happier since :)

I first discovered that I had a diaper fetish when I was 13. Shortly, when I was 14, I discovered that I was not alone. However, my limit of ABDLs was limited to the people who tend to be the people who get in the news for this fetish and give the community a bad name. So honestly, knowing that I was in the same camp as these people wasn't much of an improvement over I'm the only freak in the world interested in this. It was when I was 17 that I discovered the rest of the community and saw the people who were living normal lives and that was a tremendous improvement and gave me the ability to shed the shame of this fetish.

my experiences sound a lot like everyone else's! i got both the fetish and the nonsexual penchant for wearing diapers when i was literally five years old. i felt like i had to be the only one on earth. but then i started to get hints that wasn't the case!

first, i saw jokes about it on a show called Web Soup in high school. I wished they really did have babyish adult diapers! if only it weren't just a joke...

as soon as i got my own internet (that i was sure my dad wasn't monitoring somehow) in college, i went on wikipedia. was very pleased with what i found! we had an abbreviation and everything!

later on, I made internet friends with a stripper/cam girl who told me stories about customers and her own experiences. there were parties and websites and she got several requests for diapers a week!

then i found this website. after seeing everything here, i finally got my own diapers. and my girlfriend has been awesome about it, instead of kicking me to the curb or calling the cops like i thought.

presently, i'm typing this in a goodnite 8)

I found out when we were barely in the age of the internet we know today, but I wonder if there are some older members that can talk about how they found out they weren't alone.[/QUOTE]

I knew I liked wearing diapers ever since I saw my baby sister diapered and asked my Mom if I could wear too, she complied one time and I felt really good about it but after that she wouldn't let me wear again. I was a bedwetter growing up so I did the best I could to conceal this but never dreamed of getting diapers for this, I was probably 12 or 13 when I snuck off to the store to get the biggest Pampers I could buy then had to sneak them into the house. It was around 1983 or so when I came across Nugget Magazine, they actually had some illustrations of adult babies and some letters from some too and I couldn't believe what I had found. All those years of shame and insecurity about my "weirdness" had now been swept away and I realized I wasn't alone. It took some time for my wife to understand but she's great and totally accepting of me and I have been diapered every night for many, many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back