When did you first find out that you weren't the only one who liked wearing diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too made makeshift diapers (out of white plastic garbage bags and duct tape!) as soon as I realized that it "felt good". Before that I was also fascinated by diapers. I would my first time seeing an adult baby was that HBO special about sex. I think back then they called it a "rubber baby" or something like that. Must have been about 1996 or so?

BabyBride said:
I too made makeshift diapers (out of white plastic garbage bags and duct tape!) as soon as I realized that it "felt good". Before that I was also fascinated by diapers. I would my first time seeing an adult baby was that HBO special about sex. I think back then they called it a "rubber baby" or something like that. Must have been about 1996 or so?

I made makeshift diapers out of trash bags and paper towels. I never wore pads as a teen girl so I never thought about that... I always had lots of paper towels as we shopped in bulk. I was 14 when I first thought about being in diapers again... But didn't know about the community until I was 16.

the first time i connected to the internet, which was around 2000, and did a search. i did know there were others before that though because i saw the phil donahue show and one HBO special on the subject before that. I didnt know how many there were untill i did some research around 6 or 7 years ago.

unfortunately i know of noone nearby. would be nice so i could talk to this person about ab/dl frustrations.

It was late 1994 or early 1995--my freshman year of college. I was surfing Usenet, and stumbled upon the alt.sex.fetish.diapers newsgroup. The conversation was sexually explicit and not something I wanted any part of, but it's existence was proof that I wasn't alone in liking diapers, and that was an important revelation. It helped a lot.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
ParkABDL, This is a really good question that has been discussed numerous times before, but continues to be a topic of interest as this is something that intrigues us all.

I think it is useful to bring this up again for new users, but in connection with this, I share the link of the exact same question that I posed in a thread some five years ago that received about 79 responses. I believe the post and the responses are a worthwhile read. :detective3

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/30773-When-Did-You-First-Find-Out-quot-YOU-RE-NOT-THE-ONLY-ONE-WHO-LIKES-DIAPERS-quot-%29

(moderators -- For what it is worth, I think it has been a while since this topic came up and recommend that ParkABDL's thread continue despite having previous threads to this question. Finding out that you are not the only one who wears diapers is a true turning point in many ABDLs or DLs lives. It can have such an impact in accepting who you are and overcoming feelings of isolation and being alone. In fact, I would propose that this subject is so substantial that the topic warrants consideration of being a sticky or placed elsewhere where it can more easily be found by future readers. )

Whoops! I'm really sorry, I should've looked at the older threads before posting, but I really appreciate what you said about what I posted.

I'd have to dig around to find an exact date, but I think I was around 10 or 11. To that point I never really wondered how many others where like me, as soon as I looked it up I found it tho. One of the joys of living in the intenret era.

Cottontail said:
It was late 1994 or early 1995--my freshman year of college. I was surfing Usenet, and stumbled upon the alt.sex.fetish.diapers newsgroup. The conversation was sexually explicit and not something I wanted any part of, but it's existence was proof that I wasn't alone in liking diapers, and that was an important revelation. It helped a lot.

Same here it was 1996 for me.

Re: "I found out when we were barely in the age of the internet we know today, but I wonder if there are some older members that can talk about how they found out they weren't alone."

"internet we know today" brings up an interesting twist to the main question ("when did you find out you were not the only one . . .").

In the 60's & 70's, the internet was a new way of communicating information, used by university professors, defense contractors, and uber geeks. Basically zero AB/DL content. You had to walk into the right adult book store and find a cryptic ad in a fetish magazine, and then you might be able to join a (snail mail) mailing list that had ABDL content. As in "printed on paper" content!! (For you young'uns- "printing on paper" was an archaic form of communication- content permanently inked onto sheets of pressed white cellulose!!).

The 80's brought the "World Wide Web" (e.g. anything www.---). The Internet was now somewhat accessible for the average person. Special interest sites come into existence. The first and biggest is DPF.

I found DPF through a magazine- a tiny alternative Magazine (forget the name). I saw an ad for back issues, and there was a cover that included a headline- someting along the lines of "Sausalito's Diaper Cult" (Sausalito is a S.F. Bay Area town, where the founder of DPF was located". Of course, I ordered the back issue!!

Somewhere along the line, I became aware that this organization had established a presence on this mysterious www-thing, and I visited it, and pretty damn quick found an iconic pic ("TB Mark"/ "The ABZ")- a TB, about my age, on a floral print bedspread, wearing a thick disposable diaper, and sucking on a baby bottle. It was everything I ever wanted to be, a and someone took s picture of it and shared it.

That was the moment for me!

It wasn't until I got the internet in the 90s that when I found out I wasn't alone.

Last edited:
I honestly don't fully remember all the detail because I tried to forget all about it but here's my attempt.

I was about 14-15. I was being naughty going on 18+ sites. I don't remember if I first searched for it on one of those sites or Google but I looked up adult diapers and after some searching I found fetish sites for it. That was how I found out I wasn't alone and concisely realized I was a ab/dl. I then spent years trying to hide and deny it. It took me til very recently to accept it as part of me.

I never knew anyone personally that was into the same thing but I reckon its gotta be from when you first try on diapers that are marketed toward a younger audience than you. For example when the biggest Goodnite's first came out they were listed as 10+ (not the current 10 - 15) and i was 16 at the time. Although i think it was just from internet usage of looking up kids in diaper pics, then you see ones where they are smiling, when i was younger as i'm sure some AB/DLS would have done.

edit: actually I think it might have been around then or a bit earlier but i remember a story in an old issue of Rolling stones magazine in an article talking about frat partys. Anyway some people came through promoting stuff or something (you know the sorts of people walking around with camera crews and getting people doing dares) a couple of guys got in trouble after pics of them were found on the internet by the college and the parents. i assumed even if they were drunk they did it cos they liked it.

carstoncouche said:
Re: "I found out when we were barely in the age of the internet we know today, but I wonder if there are some older members that can talk about how they found out they weren't alone."

"internet we know today" brings up an interesting twist to the main question ("when did you find out you were not the only one . . .").

In the 60's & 70's, the internet was a new way of communicating information, used by university professors, defense contractors, and uber geeks. Basically zero AB/DL content. You had to walk into the right adult book store and find a cryptic ad in a fetish magazine, and then you might be able to join a (snail mail) mailing list that had ABDL content. As in "printed on paper" content!! (For you young'uns- "printing on paper" was an archaic form of communication- content permanently inked onto sheets of pressed white cellulose!!).

The 80's brought the "World Wide Web" (e.g. anything www.---). The Internet was now somewhat accessible for the average person. Special interest sites come into existence. The first and biggest is DPF.

I found DPF through a magazine- a tiny alternative Magazine (forget the name). I saw an ad for back issues, and there was a cover that included a headline- someting along the lines of "Sausalito's Diaper Cult" (Sausalito is a S.F. Bay Area town, where the founder of DPF was located". Of course, I ordered the back issue!!

Somewhere along the line, I became aware that this organization had established a presence on this mysterious www-thing, and I visited it, and pretty damn quick found an iconic pic ("TB Mark"/ "The ABZ")- a TB, about my age, on a floral print bedspread, wearing a thick disposable diaper, and sucking on a baby bottle. It was everything I ever wanted to be, a and someone took s picture of it and shared it.
That was the moment for me!

I'm 60. I can say it was way different then. In the sixties, there was no internet. Also times were not near as open as they are today. I became seriously interested around the age of twelve so there wasn't much to even begin to find out if others were abdl. I have to say I suspected by the ads for teen sized plastic pants in local papers made me suspect there were teen wearers back then. If I had the nerve I would have bought a few pairs......
Where I found out for sure was in my dads stash of Playboy magazines. I clearly remember reading a reply in it by a person that wore diapers for fun. I remember thinking WHEW! I'm not the only weirdo out there.... In the 80's there was an adult mag called Letters Magazine that catered to the fetish scenes. I got it as often as I could and loved the diaper stories. There was an ad it also for an abdl newsletter. I subscribed to it for several years and that really opened the abdl world to me. it was obvious then that there were many abdls out there. YAY!:smile:

A lot of people have responded to this already, but I would like to propose as part of the question not just, "When did you find out you are not the only one who likes to wear diapers?', but "What did it mean to you when you found out you were not the only one who wears diapers?"

Again, quite a few members actually have shared this in the response, but this question gets at the deeper question of what it meant to you when you realized you weren't the only one? :detective3

Not trying to threadjack ParkABDL's thread, but for me this is the greater benefit of answering this question. :hug:

When I searched yahoo back in 2001. I searched for the most uplifting thing I could think of (being that 9/11 had just happened) which happened to be "baby animals wearing diapers". I found a couple sites and clicked on a link that steered me clear of babyfurs for a while (I later found out about that in 2003ish), and then I went out when my mom was out. Throughout those two years I did pretty weird things to obtain diapers, but then I became a babyfur in 2003 and for the next four years I juggled between BF And AB before settling on BF in 2007.

For me it was October 6th of 2013. I had recently just finished dealing with a horrific situation involving me condemning my best friend to a assisted living situation because of the abuse of his brother was going to kill him when I went to a walgreens and got 2 packs of diapers and got them home. I was severely depressed and just wanted to relax when I was about to enter into purge phase when I decided to at least find out what was "wrong" with me on the internet. It never occurred to me to research that subject before so I Googled-Mental disorders:diapers. I found a daily diapers thread with someone giving advice to someone else by giving them links to articles right here on ADISC. I never even knew what a AB/DL was until I made a account and spent the rest of that week studying what that meant.

I was around 13-14, when I found out I wasn't alone, after a few internet searches. It was also at that time I first learned about internet browsing history...

Well for me it was out of boredom more than anything else really.

So my family likes to travel.... a lot. So this one summer when i was... I think i was 11 at the time. We went the circle around the country (Iceland is 102.000 KM2. I know, it is tiny) in a week.... but we could have done it in a better way. So we went the northen half of the country in 6 days. But we went from the far east to the sout west (where we live) in a single run.... I got so dreadfully bored over the 13 hour long drive that i started to browse teh internet on my phone using the mobile data i didn't know i had. But i started to look up why i was fascinated with diapers, then i found stories, testamonies, and finally support sites.

I found out like many others did through the internet. I was about 18 or 19 having to look it up late a night due to not having my own computer. I originally thought that I was one of very few around the world actually. It was not until I googled something about wearing diapers that I found there was more out there and google is also how I found this site.

I'm one of us old people, who can barley use a computer. Did not own one till year 2000. Still have flip phone. I was 8 years old when my 5 year old cousin spent the night at our house. At bedtime his mom put him in a diaper and plastic pants. I still have that image in my mind. After that when I could I would take a towel and pretend it was a diaper. I thought I was the only person who could be this way. By the age of 11 I had stopped thinking about diapers. Then around the age 20 I saw a copy of Letters magazine (sex story book) It had a story about a teen who liked diapers. It was like wow I wasn't alone. I keep buying Letters mag lots of stories about adult babies. That got me back into liking diapers. I told my girlfriend and she let me put on a towel like a diaper, but she was not into it. So I stopped asking, and put those thoughts away. We married had 2 kids and life went on. Then we got a computer and I started thinking about diapers again. I have some plastic pants and baby things that I use when nobody's home. Its always been a sexual thing for me. not into 24-7 lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back