Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know where else to put this my dog is gone and my mom is dying

Default I don't know where else to put this my dog is gone and my mom is dying

Sorry I have been away for a month last month I found out my mom has terminal cancer and has maybe a year left litterally a week later we had to put down my old service dog G (not using her actual name) she became very sick very fast and made a study decline so I have been a mess i really really miss G she was so much of everything to me she was a part of me, I just needed to say this I don't know what else to say

I'm sorry, that is so sad.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I will prey for your mom, and your dog.

I'm really sorry for everything you're going through. It must be tough.

It's always a shock to receive news that a loved one has an incurable disease. My advice is to just support her and live in the here and now. Make the most of your time together and cherish each day. Also, keep in mind the medical field can only give estimates as to how long a person has to live. It's not an exact science so just maybe your mother will beat the odds. They're also making advancements in the field of cancer all the time, so who knows? Stay as positive as you can and just be there for her.

I'm also sorry about your dog. It's so hard losing a dog, they're the friendliest, most loyal animals on the planet. They say it can be harder to lose a pet than it is to lose a person. Relationships with people often can be complicated and involve giving and taking, but pets just love us unconditionally, asking for nothing in return. You have my sympathy. Please let us know how things are going. Hugs and best wishes.

Life sometimes sucks. We've all been there (have had two lifelong dog-kids die in my arms). Make the most of your last year with your mom, and don't forget to thank her for giving you life. The cycle of life (and death) continues. Keep in mind some people say goodbye to head to work, and are never seen alive again. You've got a year to cope with the demise, the eventual loss, and then overcoming the eventual grief. Make the most of your time.

Make sure those that you love, know it all the time.

@KittyNinja, you might want to PRAY for the dog, and the mom, and not PREY on them. Nobody likes a diapered Ninja jumping out from the shadows!
    Last edited by Jamieboy; 28-Mar-2015 at 20:40. Reason: Ninja levity

Hey SilentlySpeaking my heart goes out to you. as has already been said, cherish every moment. Perhaps more importantly, have you got emotional support IRL? I hope so, you'll need lots of hugs to help you through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamieboy View Post
    Life sometimes sucks. We've all been there (have had two lifelong dog-kids die in my arms). Make the most of your last year with your mom, and don't forget to thank her for giving you life. The cycle of life (and death) continues. Keep in mind some people say goodbye to head to work, and are never seen alive again. You've got a year to cope with the demise, the eventual loss, and then overcoming the eventual grief. Make the most of your time.

Make sure those that you love, know it all the time.

@KittyNinja, you might want to PRAY for the dog, and the mom, and not PREY on them. Nobody likes a diapered Ninja jumping out from the shadows!
    That's what i ment, I ment Pray for them, not prey on them, come to think of it, I wonder if that's why it takes so long for a response in my forums
    anyway, all joking aside I am so sorry, SilentlySpeaking for your loss and I will PRAY for you, your mom and your dog, and I'm sorry about the joke earlier, if it's inappropriate. Still, I hope I helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentlySpeaking View Post
    Sorry I have been away for a month last month I found out my mom has terminal cancer and has maybe a year left litterally a week later we had to put down my old service dog G (not using her actual name) she became very sick very fast and made a study decline so I have been a mess i really really miss G she was so much of everything to me she was a part of me, I just needed to say this I don't know what else to say
    I'm verry sory to hear, and will be praying as well.

i kinda felt your pain about losing a best friend, I lost my cat named Buddy and he was my best friend and he died in my arms. So I am also praying for your dog and mother too. I hope your mom gets well soon. P.S. IDK if this will help or not but try to keep them in your heart and they will always be with you.

My cute little dog is on his last legs with diabetes. I give her insulin. My mother in law passed away in Jan 2015. So I just try to enjoy life while I can because things can change very quickly. Good luck and God bless

Hi SilentlySpeaking, dleon, and anyone else suffering from loss, big or small. My thoughts and my hopes go out to you. Life can be hard sometimes and I'm glad you're coming to share your loss with others. That's a good way to get through it. Just do the best you can each day and I hope you'll start to feel better soon.

If you ever want to talk, my PM box is always open.