Moderated
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
http://www.littleabco.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/584547478/soft-paws-ab-dl-adult-diaper
Kickstarter page

This would be a really awsome undertaking in the diaper world and I do think these would be really awsome. The designs are by a furry artist by the name of Wen.

Please god I hope this happens. This would be a huge movement forward in the diaper world.

Note: Im very suprized that Kickstarted even allowed somthing like this to happen! I think they normally dont allow hygiene products like this.

Discuse here!

I'm gonna be really impressed if the design they have is what actually gets made. I've yet to find a manufacturer that can position-print the PE backing layer so it is the same every time. Usually it's just a big roll of a repeating pattern. (Sorry, a little technical I know).

CodyRush said:
I'm gonna be really impressed if the design they have is what actually gets made. I've yet to find a manufacturer that can position-print the PE backing layer so it is the same every time. Usually it's just a big roll of a repeating pattern. (Sorry, a little technical I know).

Yeah, this is gonna absolutely fail, it's next to impossible to get the pristine printing we're expecting, there will be smudges, bubbles, and streaks galore. The reason we don't see any babyfur diapers is because getting the look of a diaper from furry art is next to impossible on a disposable diaper. I have gotten so fed up with this that I have started designing my own replica diaper out of cloth, it will look like a diaper straight from the furry world (tail tape, plain color strip, Velcro tapes). It's definitely a daunting task and I doubt that anyone would ever undertake such a feat if they weren't extremely skilled with a sewing machine, the only reason I'm even to do it is because I don't need it to be absorbent, it just has to look the part.

>>pledged of $35,000 goal

tho that's somewhat interesting, it's unlikely to meet that.

I don't think the print will be TOO big of a problem, bambino has shown fairly good printing is possible. I think the big problem is color matching. (getting alignment between colors aimed right) That's probably why they have each element its own solid color. When you try to do things like outline with one color and fill with another that you require high quality print alignment.

CodyRush said:

Agreed. It's probably not a matter of capability so much as a matter of cost, though. If you look at baby diapers, the patterns generally do not repeat. Which is to say that they do repeat, but at a rate of only once per diaper. Take Pampers and Luvs for example. The problem with doing this on an AB/DL diapers, especially those targeting smaller niche groups like babyfurs, is that you need big volume to offset the added complexity and cost. Unlike the designs on Cushies, Fabines, Snuggies, etc., these furry prints would require different spools of printed backing material for each size of diaper, hence a lot more up-front tooling, hence a lot more up-front money--for a diaper that's probably going to see significantly lower demand than the average AB/DL diaper. And the average AB/DL diaper is already difficult to finance.

So, yeah...

Not to say that a furry diaper like this won't be made, but the print aspect of this one seems DOA.

kitterdafoxy said:
The reason we don't see any babyfur diapers is because getting the look of a diaper from furry art is next to impossible on a disposable diaper.

Well, this is an interesting point. I'm not a babyfur, but if I was, and if I commissioned a fursuit, I'd probably pay to have a matching cloth diaper made that would go over the suit. Of course, this diaper would never actually be "used" per se, because it would be on the wrong side of my suit. :) And if I was to put a diaper on under my suit, then special furry features like a tail hole or tape would be plainly useless.

On the other hand, having a furry-themed diaper to wear over my birthday suit would seem desirable too, and since my birthday suit isn't plush and furry, an ultra-thick, plush, furry-art-esque diaper wouldn't seem necessary. A bit of good furry art on the outside might be adequate. And one such diaper is already on the way.

---

EDIT: It's interesting, too, that this Kickstarter project was even approved. The rules prohibit anything claiming to "cure, treat, or prevent and illness or condition." Although I certainly see nothing harmful about this particular project, it would seem that adult diapers, in general, plainly violate this rule. Presumably the guy who started this had to argue that, as these were for AB/DLs, their application was entirely discretionary and not "treating" anything. Still, that would put Kickstarter in a position of having to defend their seemingly exceptional treatment of this project, which is something I'm surprised they'd want to do. :shrug:

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Agreed. It's probably not a matter of capability so much as a matter of cost, though. If you look at baby diapers, the patterns generally do not repeat. Which is to say that they do repeat, but at a rate of only once per diaper. Take Pampers and Luvs for example. The problem with doing this on an AB/DL diapers, especially those targeting smaller niche groups like babyfurs, is that you need big volume to offset the added complexity and cost. Unlike the designs on Cushies, Fabines, Snuggies, etc., these furry prints would require different spools of printed backing material for each size of diaper, hence a lot more up-front tooling, hence a lot more up-front money--for a diaper that's probably going to see significantly lower demand than the average AB/DL diaper. And the average AB/DL diaper is already difficult to finance.

So, yeah...

Not to say that a furry diaper like this won't be made, but the print aspect of this one seems DOA.

Well, this is an interesting point. I'm not a babyfur, but if I was, and if I commissioned a fursuit, I'd probably pay to have a matching cloth diaper made that would go over the suit. Of course, this diaper would never actually be "used" per se, because it would be on the wrong side of my suit. :) And if I was to put a diaper on under my suit, then special furry features like a tail hole or tape would be plainly useless.

On the other hand, having a furry-themed diaper to wear over my birthday suit would seem desirable too, and since my birthday suit isn't plush and furry, an ultra-thick, plush, furry-art-esque diaper wouldn't seem necessary. A bit of good furry art on the outside might be adequate. And one such diaper is already on the way.

---

EDIT: It's interesting, too, that this Kickstarter project was even approved. The rules prohibit anything claiming to "cure, treat, or prevent and illness or condition." Although I certainly see nothing harmful about this particular project, it would seem that adult diapers, in general, plainly violate this rule. Presumably the guy who started this had to argue that, as these were for AB/DLs, their application was entirely discretionary and not "treating" anything. Still, that would put Kickstarter in a position of having to defend their seemingly exceptional treatment of this project, which is something I'm surprised they'd want to do. :shrug:

I didn't actually commission my suit, it's not custom at all and is modest looking until the clothes are added. I wasn't able to commission any custom features of accessories, so I just decided to do it myself and designed a cloth diaper. It's not going to have to be absorbent, but it will need several features that are practical for over suit wear, suv has a tail tape at the back.

Campaign suspended by Kickstarter as of today :( Too bad, that was a cute pattern. Who did the art? Looks like Wen maybe?

Crazypants said:
Campaign suspended by Kickstarter as of today :( Too bad, that was a cute pattern. Who did the art? Looks like Wen maybe?
According to the OP (and my opinion from looking at it), it's Wen.

Sucks about the suspension. The design looks cute. I'd chip in.

I looked at their Twitter feed just now. Sure enough, they are saying that the funding was suspended due to a rules violation. This can't be too surprising, since adult diapers in general are clearly prohibited by the rules. If they can talk their way out of that, it'll be a major revelation. There have been several explorations of Kickstarter as a way to fund ABDL diaper projects in recent years, and all the ones I've seen discussed--here and elsewhere--have concluded that Kickstarter isn't a viable option.

It's a bummer, but my gut tells me this Little AB Co. didn't do their homework--either in terms of funding, or product design.

Not surprised this was suspended, but honestly, that Kickstarter page didn't inspire much confidence to begin with. There are no pictures of samples they have from manufacturers, no images beyond a single mockup image in which the tape panel doesn't even line up in both views, and the creator's bio has grammatical errors.

The whole thing comes across as being very half-baked. Given that, I'm pretty happy that they didn't get funded because it could easily have been a boondoggle.

It's too bad. I've never kickstarted anything, I don't know if I would've made an exception or not...

LunaCat said:
According to the OP ....

Oh yeah, haha. Reading comprehension, maybe I should do that.

I just now noticed that the Kickstarter got pulled down. As I said: Im not suprized

I was hearing around that Wen possibility made it, I haven't asked her because we both are not on good terms from the time she wanted me to pay 120 dollars for art that was only was 40.

Also again whats amazing is that Kickstarter even approved this in the first place.

The company was told that this was able to have a Kickstarter. The assumtion right now is that, it was pulled for being a "fetish"item but im calling the "health" card on this one.

https://twitter.com/LittleABCo/with_replies
Here's what the company is saying in real time atleast.

MegaChar said:
im calling the "health" card on this one.

It certainly seems possible--even likely. However it's interesting to note that several baby diaper projects have been successfully financed using Kickstarter, including this one that raised over $66,000 just a few months ago. Now, one could argue, I suppose, that baby diapers don't "treat a condition", whereas adult diapers do. However, that argument doesn't quite hold up in my opinion. It's fairly easy to argue that baby diapers do treat conditions. They are sometimes used on children beyond their "diaper years" in cases of disability. Similarly, it's fairly easy to argue that AB/DL diapers, while technically being "adult diapers", are not generally used to treat health conditions (though they certainly can be).

So... :shrug: I guess I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if the reason was something else.

Kickstarter seems to want to see actual prototypes and whatnot, and as Fruitkitty noted, those don't appear to exist. The "rules violation" may have less to do with a specific violation and more to do with simply failing to provide adequate assurances that the project was real and feasible.

That's what I was thinking, Cotton. I think this has less to do with the type of product they are kickstarting than it does with how paper-thin the company is presented. Gives me a little bit of hope for when I attempt mine. And I *do* have prototypes. :p

Latest from the site:

Little AB Co. said:
... we will not be able to use Kickstarter to fund this project. However we have a backup plan. We are currently sourcing AB style, and Medical diapers from several companies that will be put on sale on our site. All the proceeds from the sale of these other diapers will go to help fund Soft Paws diapers.

It will take longer then planned, but don't worry we haven't given up yet!

However, with annotations from the author's conscience, it reads like this:

... we will not be able to use Kickstarter to fund this project unless we first understand and respond to the claimed rules violations, which we can't be bothered to do because we want your money NOW! Thankfully, we have a backup scam. We are currently thinking about sourcing AB style, and Medical diapers from several companies that will be put on sale on our site. Some of the proceeds from the sale of these other diapers will go to help fund Soft Paws diapers. Unless, of course, during the many years it will take to fund the project in this manner, we should succumb to greed and plunder all remaining proceeds for our own mundane purposes.

It will take A LOT longer then initially guessed, if it ever happens at all, but don't worry we haven't given up yet! (That'll happen next week!)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I mean...

Sorry. Though capable of resisting, I yielded utterly to my inner asshole.

Oh damn. :wallbash:

The design they made is impossible to produce. For AB/DL printed diapers, which are exclusively produced on Chinese machines, they are printed off a roll which is why you consistently see vertically-continuous patterns on every design that has prints on the outer plastic. The only reason Pampers and baby diaper companies are able to do that is because they have completely different (and far more advanced) machines tailored to their products. They're major players with multi-billion dollar stakes in the industry and can do that.

Even if these guys got their funding through that website they'd be back within 2 days to apologize to everyone for misguiding them all on the design's final result, because it wouldn't look anything like that.

That's what I have found through my RnD also, Jeremy.

- - - Updated - - -

Cotton: spot on for the most part, but I don't think this was/is a scam. I think he genuinely wants to make this happen, I just don't think he's done his homework. Calling it a scam I think is a little harsh.

This is just barely not a scam, they'll sell other people's stuff and then provide a lackluster product.

That makes it a pretty normal business, actually. Look, I'm all for calling it out if I see it, I just don't think this guy is shady. Underprepared, but genuinely interested in making something. I'm all for encouraging that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back