Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Littleabco now doing a Kickstarted for a furry style adult diaper

Exclamation Littleabco now doing a Kickstarted for a furry style adult diaper

http://www.littleabco.com/
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-adult-diaper
    Kickstarter page

This would be a really awsome undertaking in the diaper world and I do think these would be really awsome. The designs are by a furry artist by the name of Wen.

Please god I hope this happens. This would be a huge movement forward in the diaper world.

Note: Im very suprized that Kickstarted even allowed somthing like this to happen! I think they normally dont allow hygiene products like this.

Discuse here!

I'm gonna be really impressed if the design they have is what actually gets made. I've yet to find a manufacturer that can position-print the PE backing layer so it is the same every time. Usually it's just a big roll of a repeating pattern. (Sorry, a little technical I know).

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRush View Post
    I'm gonna be really impressed if the design they have is what actually gets made. I've yet to find a manufacturer that can position-print the PE backing layer so it is the same every time. Usually it's just a big roll of a repeating pattern. (Sorry, a little technical I know).
    Yeah, this is gonna absolutely fail, it's next to impossible to get the pristine printing we're expecting, there will be smudges, bubbles, and streaks galore. The reason we don't see any babyfur diapers is because getting the look of a diaper from furry art is next to impossible on a disposable diaper. I have gotten so fed up with this that I have started designing my own replica diaper out of cloth, it will look like a diaper straight from the furry world (tail tape, plain color strip, Velcro tapes). It's definitely a daunting task and I doubt that anyone would ever undertake such a feat if they weren't extremely skilled with a sewing machine, the only reason I'm even to do it is because I don't need it to be absorbent, it just has to look the part.

>>pledged of $35,000 goal

tho that's somewhat interesting, it's unlikely to meet that.

I don't think the print will be TOO big of a problem, bambino has shown fairly good printing is possible. I think the big problem is color matching. (getting alignment between colors aimed right) That's probably why they have each element its own solid color. When you try to do things like outline with one color and fill with another that you require high quality print alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRush View Post
    Agreed. It's probably not a matter of capability so much as a matter of cost, though. If you look at baby diapers, the patterns generally do not repeat. Which is to say that they do repeat, but at a rate of only once per diaper. Take Pampers and Luvs for example. The problem with doing this on an AB/DL diapers, especially those targeting smaller niche groups like babyfurs, is that you need big volume to offset the added complexity and cost. Unlike the designs on Cushies, Fabines, Snuggies, etc., these furry prints would require different spools of printed backing material for each size of diaper, hence a lot more up-front tooling, hence a lot more up-front money--for a diaper that's probably going to see significantly lower demand than the average AB/DL diaper. And the average AB/DL diaper is already difficult to finance.

So, yeah...

Not to say that a furry diaper like this won't be made, but the print aspect of this one seems DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy
    The reason we don't see any babyfur diapers is because getting the look of a diaper from furry art is next to impossible on a disposable diaper.
    Well, this is an interesting point. I'm not a babyfur, but if I was, and if I commissioned a fursuit, I'd probably pay to have a matching cloth diaper made that would go over the suit. Of course, this diaper would never actually be "used" per se, because it would be on the wrong side of my suit. And if I was to put a diaper on under my suit, then special furry features like a tail hole or tape would be plainly useless.

On the other hand, having a furry-themed diaper to wear over my birthday suit would seem desirable too, and since my birthday suit isn't plush and furry, an ultra-thick, plush, furry-art-esque diaper wouldn't seem necessary. A bit of good furry art on the outside might be adequate. And one such diaper is already on the way.

---

EDIT: It's interesting, too, that this Kickstarter project was even approved. The rules prohibit anything claiming to "cure, treat, or prevent and illness or condition." Although I certainly see nothing harmful about this particular project, it would seem that adult diapers, in general, plainly violate this rule. Presumably the guy who started this had to argue that, as these were for AB/DLs, their application was entirely discretionary and not "treating" anything. Still, that would put Kickstarter in a position of having to defend their seemingly exceptional treatment of this project, which is something I'm surprised they'd want to do.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 28-Mar-2015 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Agreed. It's probably not a matter of capability so much as a matter of cost, though. If you look at baby diapers, the patterns generally do not repeat. Which is to say that they do repeat, but at a rate of only once per diaper. Take Pampers and Luvs for example. The problem with doing this on an AB/DL diapers, especially those targeting smaller niche groups like babyfurs, is that you need big volume to offset the added complexity and cost. Unlike the designs on Cushies, Fabines, Snuggies, etc., these furry prints would require different spools of printed backing material for each size of diaper, hence a lot more up-front tooling, hence a lot more up-front money--for a diaper that's probably going to see significantly lower demand than the average AB/DL diaper. And the average AB/DL diaper is already difficult to finance.

So, yeah...

Not to say that a furry diaper like this won't be made, but the print aspect of this one seems DOA.

Well, this is an interesting point. I'm not a babyfur, but if I was, and if I commissioned a fursuit, I'd probably pay to have a matching cloth diaper made that would go over the suit. Of course, this diaper would never actually be "used" per se, because it would be on the wrong side of my suit. And if I was to put a diaper on under my suit, then special furry features like a tail hole or tape would be plainly useless.

On the other hand, having a furry-themed diaper to wear over my birthday suit would seem desirable too, and since my birthday suit isn't plush and furry, an ultra-thick, plush, furry-art-esque diaper wouldn't seem necessary. A bit of good furry art on the outside might be adequate. And one such diaper is already on the way.

---

EDIT: It's interesting, too, that this Kickstarter project was even approved. The rules prohibit anything claiming to "cure, treat, or prevent and illness or condition." Although I certainly see nothing harmful about this particular project, it would seem that adult diapers, in general, plainly violate this rule. Presumably the guy who started this had to argue that, as these were for AB/DLs, their application was entirely discretionary and not "treating" anything. Still, that would put Kickstarter in a position of having to defend their seemingly exceptional treatment of this project, which is something I'm surprised they'd want to do.
    I didn't actually commission my suit, it's not custom at all and is modest looking until the clothes are added. I wasn't able to commission any custom features of accessories, so I just decided to do it myself and designed a cloth diaper. It's not going to have to be absorbent, but it will need several features that are practical for over suit wear, suv has a tail tape at the back.

Campaign suspended by Kickstarter as of today Too bad, that was a cute pattern. Who did the art? Looks like Wen maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazypants View Post
    Campaign suspended by Kickstarter as of today Too bad, that was a cute pattern. Who did the art? Looks like Wen maybe?
    According to the OP (and my opinion from looking at it), it's Wen.

Sucks about the suspension. The design looks cute. I'd chip in.

I looked at their Twitter feed just now. Sure enough, they are saying that the funding was suspended due to a rules violation. This can't be too surprising, since adult diapers in general are clearly prohibited by the rules. If they can talk their way out of that, it'll be a major revelation. There have been several explorations of Kickstarter as a way to fund ABDL diaper projects in recent years, and all the ones I've seen discussed--here and elsewhere--have concluded that Kickstarter isn't a viable option.

It's a bummer, but my gut tells me this Little AB Co. didn't do their homework--either in terms of funding, or product design.

Not surprised this was suspended, but honestly, that Kickstarter page didn't inspire much confidence to begin with. There are no pictures of samples they have from manufacturers, no images beyond a single mockup image in which the tape panel doesn't even line up in both views, and the creator's bio has grammatical errors.

The whole thing comes across as being very half-baked. Given that, I'm pretty happy that they didn't get funded because it could easily have been a boondoggle.