diapers compare and what to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babyblood

so guys i've been looking at different types of nappies ...

Bambino BIANCO Adult Diapers

Bambino clasico Adult Diapers

Bambino bellissimo Adult Diapers

Bambino TEDDY Adult Diapers

Abri-Form Comfort Brief M4 ( plastic )

Abri-Form Comfort Brief M4 ( cloth )

Abri-flex premium Brief M3

Molicare Super Plus Brief

Tena Slip Maxi Brief

aww so cute

depends ( not sure what ones are out there )

any others i don't know about if its not on the list i don't know about them

i was thinking of buying like all of them in sample packs but i'm unsure ive have used cuddlz nappies and they are nice but i would like to have some variety i was also thinking of some pull ups too

so my question is what would you say is your favourite nappy or nappies and why

I basically am wondering about all listed above as well except for depends. Depends with tabs is not even good... Most depends are disappointing. I ordered molicare super plus. I want to try Abena m4 and bambino...So badly.

Well of your list there, I've only personally tried the Tena Slip Maxi, and the Abena M4, both plastic backed, and I really like both of them. I feel that the Tena is more discreet under clothing then the M4 is when dry, but it does swell up quite a bit more then the M4 does once it's wet, which is due to it's higher SAP content. I don't know if discreetness is a requirement for you.
The M4, and Dry 24/7, are my personal favorites right now. You really can't go wrong with either one.

I've tried a few on the list but my favorites are the Abena M4(plastic back), Tena Slip Maxi and Dry 24/7. I would say start off with the Abena M4 because they are all kinds of good, they aren't too bulky under loose clothing but have enough poof to entertain, are very absorbent and are reasonably priced for a premium diaper. If you're looking for definite bulk go for Dry 24/7 or any of the Bambino diapers. Also, the Northshore Premiums are very close(I would say exactly) to Abena M4s but at a slightly lower cost per piece. Depends are on the list? Well... I've used the Depends protection with tabs(the most diaper like out of the Depend lineup) but they aren't very good. They have no standing leak guards, aren't very absorbent(although one pack I used was defective in a good way and each diaper was chock full of SAP gel) but they do make a somewhat OK emergency/backup diaper...

So for the list of diapers...

babyblood said:
Haven't tried it exactly, as far as I know these are the same as the Classico without the 'BABY' tape panel

A good diaper overall, good absorbency

Much thicker diaper than the Classico and much more absorbent, not as discreet

Another good diaper (hey, they make a quality product)

Abri-Form Comfort Brief M4 ( plastic )
My go-to daily diaper, excellent absorbency paired with good discretion

Abri-Form Comfort Brief M4 ( cloth )
Just...don't. The cloth backing stretches over time, they sag and leak and the filler bunches up. Go for the plastic backed

Abri-flex premium Brief M3
Not tried this one

You already listed this one

Molicare Super Plus Brief
Good diaper, not as absorbent as the M4, but soft and not so crinkly, discreet

Tena Slip Maxi Brief
Not tried

aww so cute
Not tried

depends ( not sure what ones are out there )
These have turned into absolute crap, save your money and spend it on a good diaper.

any others i don't know about if its not on the list i don't know about them
I have also tried A+ diapers from XP Medical and find them to be good absorbency, though they miss some of the features like leg gathers

i was thinking of buying like all of them in sample packs but i'm unsure ive have used cuddlz nappies and they are nice but i would like to have some variety i was also thinking of some pull ups too

so my question is what would you say is your favourite nappy or nappies and why

I go for diapers based on absorbency (I like to be able to wear 8-9hrs without needing a change, basically so I can wear to work and not have to change in the bathroom during the day) and on discretion. The longer time period I tend to stay in a diaper means I also want it to hold up well to being worn for longer periods, walking around, etc. As said, Abena Abri-Form M4 Plastic backed is my daily diaper, with using the A+ from XP Medical for overnight.

Reactions: babyblood
For me it's tranquility ATN for cheap quality, Abena for just quality.

babyblood said:
so guys i've been looking at different types of nappies ...

these are the same except for the pattern. higher price, excellent DL looks, good capacity, medium sap, not discrete

similar to other bambino, higher sap, slightly more expensive

Tena Slip Maxi Brief

just got my first case. the old type had plastic sides, the new are clothlike. leak guards are too short imho, bu the padding is excellent. thin and does NOT clump when dry even after extended wear. very soft and smooth shell. the new ones have a very weird "sheer" wing.

aww so cute

very similar to bambino. much more expensive. only worth it if you want the all-over print.

I'd also recommend you look at XP Medical's "Absorbency Plus" line. they don't have any leak guards, but are very soft, very absorbent, and pretty cheap. Totaldry Plus are also a good low-cost diaper that works well for daytime wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back