diaper size

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babyblood

so guys what is best to buy the right size range for you or buy next size range up

I've been using cuddlz medium size as it my waist size and well is a little tight round my legs should i buy the next size up next time i buy

I always buy one size up to make more room for boosters.

Diaper size seems to depend more on the lower tapes than the uppers. If the lowers can get around your legs with at least an inch of the front wing to spare, it's big enough for you. Unfortunately some manufacturers measure their diapers by the top tape only, and will tell you that they go "up to 36 inches" for example. If the top tapes are just reaching at 36", there is NO WAY you will ever get the lowers anywhere near the front wing. (the lowers have farther to go around yourt butt, and the front wing is pulled in at the lower edge) I'm not sure why they do that. In those cases though you really need to subtract 4-6" from their stated sizes.

bambinod said:
Diaper size seems to depend more on the lower tapes than the uppers. If the lowers can get around your legs with at least an inch of the front wing to spare, it's big enough for you. Unfortunately some manufacturers measure their diapers by the top tape only, and will tell you that they go "up to 36 inches" for example. If the top tapes are just reaching at 36", there is NO WAY you will ever get the lowers anywhere near the front wing. (the lowers have farther to go around yourt butt, and the front wing is pulled in at the lower edge) I'm not sure why they do that. In those cases though you really need to subtract 4-6" from their stated sizes.

A very valid point.
For me, with my big rear-end, I have to size-up to XL sized disposable adult diapers, in order to fit me correctly with room to spare.

TRANQUILITY ATN Size Large is almost "too small" for me. Yet, I have a few left for nighttime use only. Net time I purchase this brand, I will purchase the XL size, which will fit me better in the legs/rear-end.

if your close to the end of the size range in particular size diaper or there too tight it's best to go up a size
diapers that are too tight or don't have room to expand will leak easier.

...just as diapers that are too big and loose will also leak long before the product is fully used.

Really important to find the correct fit. Try samples of different brands and sizes if you can, before buying multiple packs or cases. Play with the positioning of the product, and especially the taping. Some diapers I choose simply to not fasten the lowest tapes as they dig into my thighs. Depending on the brand they tend to still provide a good enough fit regardless.

Part of the fun (for me at least) is to experiment with new products in various sizes, to see what works best. I also have preferred products for different purposes.

Have fun, stay diapered.
A.

I have found that it varies what seems to fit me best. I am 5'6" and about 165lbs. For example, bambinos medium fit me perfect but snuggies medium is a little too small even though I like diapers really tight. I have found that ordering a size up is the best practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back