Should I buy diapers online in my situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamieboy said:
Invest in a local post office box. No reason on Earth you can't have one, and they'll just put a note in your box that you have a package waiting. Your mom's out of the loop then, and you can order to your heart's delight, as long as your pocketbook can handle it. And, for anyone that claims that they can't afford something like this, I have a two word response; A JOB!

We're adults (some acting like kids....) now, and we should be able to come up with whatever it takes to satisfy our needs. People begging for diapers, and gifts, are poor excuses for adults, in my opinion. If you can afford the car payment, or your favorite beer, or $100 shoes, you can afford your own diapers, and/or the means to get them, IF they're that important to your well-being.

PS, if you can't POSSIBLY make an USPS box work (can't imagine why...), then you have NO CHOICE, BUT OPTION D.

I would do that, but unfortunately many websites don't offer USPS shipping, and ones that do have higher costs.

I don't have the same problem as the original poster I was just pointing out that such a situation could exist. I live in the middle of nowhere because my job is actually in the middle of nowhere where they are going to be drilling for oil in the near future.

On lines been the way I've always got my diapers and I also live with parents the way I do it is get them sent to s friends house, I used the excuse that there was no one in through the day to sign for the stuff.

Are you within a 1 - 2 hour drive away from a larger town that has a PO box you can rent? Then you can order multi dozens at a time and pick them up once in a while on a drive that takes you away from the "middle of no where" which sounds like you should be doing this anyways just to take a break from this place.

Hello,

I lived with my mom till I was 22. She found out I was AB. I couldn't take hiding it anymore and wanted to get more into it such as having a crib and couldn't do so with keeping it hidden. My advantage was I paid rent for my room. So I explained to her "I pay rent and she be able to do what I wish in my room in private as long as it doesn't cause harm to anyone here and isn't pushed in your face". She didn't like I was AB, but we got along in that she didn't barge into my room and I didn't bring any AB stuff out.

When I did get diapers delivered I told her "I am expecting a AB package, so please don't open it unless you want to see it". So either it was left on the table for me when I got back from work, or it was just outside my room door. 5 years ago I was left with a situation I had to move back home. Although my mom's more accepting of my AB life, we still have a similar situation. I don't bring AB stuff out of my room, and she knows if she DOES come into my room, she more or likely is going to see me in role play or if asleep she could see me in a onesie or something. But she chooses not to knock and just push open the door anyway, so what she sees is her problem. When it comes to diapers, I get mine delivered to the house now from my insurance. The two cases sit next to the door till I get up (as I am normally asleep when they are delivered) and then I bring them back. But out of respect she doesn't like the word "diapers" and asks I call them "products". Not sure why the word diapers bothers her, but ok, no problem.

But my mom still has issues with privacy. Even though I am a adult she still feels she has the right to still open my door and walk in like I was 10 or 15 still. Or feels she still has the right to go through my things. Like the last time I was in the hospital last year, she took it on herself to go into my room, log onto my computer and read my e-mails feeling something in my e-mails caused the bipolar to go nuts. Like someone saying something in a e-mail would trigger a bipolar episode. I wasn't happy about that. Some people just never learn about respect and privacy. But then again I have no secrets. So if she asked I would tell her why the bipolar got out of wack, if I knew the cause anyway.

Anyway, long story short, if you pay rent you should be able to do what you like in your room. Not anywhere in the house, but your own room yes. Sure it's her house. But if he's paying rent, he should be free to do what he likes as much as his mom or dad does in their room. I am sure they don't ask his permission to wear leather or whatever they may be into. It's only fair if he's paying rent. Just my two cents. :)

-Baby Stanley

JOCKMAN said:
Are you within a 1 - 2 hour drive away from a larger town that has a PO box you can rent? Then you can order multi dozens at a time and pick them up once in a while on a drive that takes you away from the "middle of no where" which sounds like you should be doing this anyways just to take a break from this place.
I don't think the original poster lives in the middle of nowhere. I do, but I have my own residence, so I don't have the problem he has. Plus it is all one lane dirt roads where I am, you can't go much faster than 20 mph on most and they are impassable without a truck with 4 wheel drive. These are what are known as unimproved roads, that don't even have any gravel or markings, and road signs are very few and far between. Driving long distances is usually avoided if at all possible since travel is relagated to 15-20 mph until I get to a gravel or paved road ( and that takes almost 2 hours). The next closest town that has PO Boxes for rent takes 3 hours to get to, and there are none available right now anyways, the postman said that there is a waiting list of about 50 people for a PO Box at all the nearby post offices. The town that I live in has one building that is a general store/small restaurant/filling station/small window for the post office in one corner. This is the only commercial building within 2 hours of my residence. However fortunately I can have whatever I want delivered to my house so it really doesn't matter, but if I was in the position of the original poster I would be SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back