Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of a clueless/newb question: Onesie fitting?

Default Bit of a clueless/newb question: Onesie fitting?

Hey all!

So I was just curious, having never really seen anything that mentions this...I thought I'd ask: in general, how are onesies/diaper shirts/bodysuits/etc supposed to fit over a disposable diaper..?

I have just one plain white one thus far, and though I don't get to wear it much, I've always felt like just maybe the fit was somewhat off or something. Is it considered normal if small parts of a diaper happen to poke out from under the onesie itself? Or are they supposed to fit in a way that that isn't an issue? I can't figure out if I went the right route with the current size I have, or if I should have sized up or down perhaps.

For reference, the diapers in particular I'll wear under this particular onesie are bambinos and Northshore supremes. Thanks a bunch in advance!!
    Last edited by Dan09; 24-Mar-2015 at 15:16.

My diaper would poke out of the onesie I used to have. It still provided support and hid the top of the diaper perfectly fine so I didn't mind.

My onesie is the correct size and some diaper shows around the lower hip. I wear boosted Abena M4s but only a little on each side shows.

Depending on the shape and width of the crotch of the onesie, and the width of the crotch of the disposable, it is normal for a little to a lot of the disposable diaper to show.

What is of more concern is whether the length of the onesie is correct for your frame and intended purpose. Those of us who are medically incontinent, or who decide to use the diaper, need a fairly snug fit so that the onesie supports the increasing weight of the sagging diaper as it absorbs urine.

As you appear not to be wearing plastic pants over the disposable, should we infer that you are not using the diaper?

--John

Default Bit of a clueless/newb question: Onesie fitting?

I do use them from time to time. Truthfully the thing that prompted me to make this thread in the first place was a sort of lousy incident I had happened the other day--I had worn the onesie (size SM plain white one I bought from easyaccessclothing) along with a hoodie and some jeans, in a situation where staying discreet was very very important.

Wetting a fairly small amount for the FIRST time, I had two almost identical leaks that showed thru around the part of the onesie where I'm 99% sure the bambino I had on underneath was poking out somewhat.

Since this has never happened when I'm wearing just a diaper, minus the onesie (and since I don't wear the onesie too often anyways), I assumed it had something to do with the fit. I'm about a 28'-30' waist and it always seemed to fit me alright..but maybe I'm wrong?

Edit- oh! And no, I don't actually own any plastic pants, because since I usually have plastic backed diapers in the first place, and leaks haven't really been an issue in the past--they've never seemed necessary for me. Plus, ordering them with my living situation (currently in school living in a dorm/at home) always seemed like it would be too dangerous.

Sounds like maybe the onesie could be too tight if it is not allowing the Bambino to expand. Mine is too loose. It still covers the top but would be useless to help with sagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    I do use them from time to time. Truthfully the thing that prompted me to make this thread in the first place was a sort of lousy incident I had happened the other day--I had worn the onesie (size SM plain white one I bought from easyaccessclothing) along with a hoodie and some jeans, in a situation where staying discreet was very very important.

Wetting a fairly small amount for the FIRST time, I had two almost identical leaks that showed thru around the part of the onesie where I'm 99% sure the bambino I had on underneath was poking out somewhat.

Since this has never happened when I'm wearing just a diaper, minus the onesie (and since I don't wear the onesie too often anyways), I assumed it had something to do with the fit. I'm about a 28'-30' waist and it always seemed to fit me alright..but maybe I'm wrong?

Edit- oh! And no, I don't actually own any plastic pants, because since I usually have plastic backed diapers in the first place, and leaks haven't really been an issue in the past--they've never seemed necessary for me. Plus, ordering them with my living situation (currently in school living in a dorm/at home) always seemed like it would be too dangerous.
    Dan the most important measurement is the torso measurement. That measurement should be in the size charts.
    You should get yourself a 96" cloth measuring tape to take this measurement.

Onesies were designed to secure the diaper in place and make them snug against your waist. With the size of the person their dimensions and the onesie size itsself typically at least a small portion of the diaper will be seen. If its to small alot of it will. I myself fall into the later category xD

Nessus

I personally would never, ever go out in public without plastic pants of some sort. I actually wear them with every diaper as I really do not like leaks and I like to keep a diaper on until I have absolutely no choice but to remove it - at which point it is very heavy and loaded with pee so inevitably leaks into the plastic pants. I would never go out in public in that state, but still, when in public I want to be absolutely certain there is no chance so I wear a set of plastic pants.

If I am super paranoid about leakage I will actually put on a pull-up under the plastic pants only with the absorbent material on the outside to soak up anything that does leak into the plastic pants.

As for how all this works with a onesie and your question, I will actually be doing just that in a day or so when my first onesie arrives. I sized it according to the charts but I used a metal tape measure so I sure hope I got it right... we shall see.

Dan, some advice from someone who is double incontinent and obviously wears 24/7. As the diaper becomes heavier and begins to sag, the leg gathers will not fit as tightly around your thighs, thus increasing the likelihood of a leak.

I wear premium diapers for extended periods and rarely leak. When I need good protection with concealment for a social occasion, I tape the diaper snugly (and reinforce the tapes), wear plastic pants that fit well, then compression pants that keep everything in place and reduce sag, then a onesie on top. This combination fully supports the weight of a sagging diaper for 6 to 7 hours without leaks and also smooths out any bulges.

--John