Not open for further replies.

Froppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
we put food on a table and........ A BEAR CAME!!!

Seriously?

I went to band camp a few times, but nothing like that happened. Ours was at a college campus.

Mattew said:
Seriously?

I went to band camp a few times, but nothing like that happened. Ours was at a college campus.

So you guys never went on a camping trip?

DerpyHooves209 said:
So you guys never went on a camping trip?

I've camped before with Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Friends, 4-H, & others. Just never camping for Band Camp. I went to a ton of other camps that also weren't actual camping. Just depended on the camp it was. Some were camping in the woods. Others were simply called "camps".

Thats cool sounds like a regular camping resort

We did our band camps in the mountains. Were warned about bears (and (figurative) disembowlment at the hands of the teacher should we be caught out after midnight), but I never heard about an encounter with one while I was there.

Never was in band, but was in the Boy scouts. I did lots of camping and still do! Many of bears have been seen on the trail during my time camping. Mostly black bears, but some grizzlies too. The thing I didn't like the most is the amount of mosquitos we have in the summer.

I never was a part of any groups and have never been camping, I never went to camp, and I never camped out.

kitterdafoxy said:
I never was a part of any groups and have never been camping, I never went to camp, and I never camped out.

Awwww thats a bummer camping is sooooo much fun especially when you go with friends I recommend you do it at least once preferably near a lake.

The only time I was truly terrified when camping is when some family and I were traveling through California to see the giant trees and on the way we camped on the side of the road in this really dense forest. I live in Nevada so dense forests were new and very scary thing for me. I stayed in the van and the whole night I stayed up keeping an eye out because there were signs everywhere along the drive about wild boars. Nothing happened, but it was scary still.

Jonnythepony said:
The only time I was truly terrified when camping is when some family and I were traveling through California to see the giant trees and on the way we camped on the side of the road in this really dense forest. I live in Nevada so dense forests were new and very scary thing for me. I stayed in the van and the whole night I stayed up keeping an eye out because there were signs everywhere along the drive about wild boars. Nothing happened, but it was scary still.

Yeah that would be scary haha but I'm used to large forests its my natural habitat XD I am visiting my grandparents in Vegas out in Nevada haven't been there in years promised I would see them this year and I am determined to.

Well if you show up in the summer, bring light weight clothes and a brimmed hat of sorts. I melted my shoes on the asphalt once it was so hot.

Um... what kind of band are we talking about? If it is a school band, I have never heard of a band going out camping. Only band camp I know of and went to was marching band camp.

JazzBaby said:
Um... what kind of band are we talking about? If it is a school band, I have never heard of a band going out camping. Only band camp I know of and went to was marching band camp.

It was our school band pretty common here in California

- - - Updated - - -

Jonnythepony said:
Well if you show up in the summer, bring light weight clothes and a brimmed hat of sorts. I melted my shoes on the asphalt once it was so hot.

Oh I know the same thing happened to my shoes last time I was down there I made the mistake of only packing jeans and black shoes it was so damn hot last time I was there.

DerpyHooves209 said:
Oh I know the same thing happened to my shoes last time I was down there I made the mistake of only packing jeans and black shoes it was so damn hot last time I was there.
I hope It never gets that hot here in Vegas again. Most likely it will though :(

Jonnythepony said:
I hope It never gets that hot here in Vegas again. Most likely it will though :(

I hope not either since I will probably go up there for thanksgiving this year.

By the time Thanksgiving is here it's not that bad.

Our family has a cottage in northern Canada. It's on a lake and there are no roads. You get their by boat. My father-in-law wanted to move a big wooden box and outboard motor to a back lake, so my son and I went with him. I was toting the box and motor on a wooden wheelbarrow through the woods to the lake. By the time I got there, I was exhausted. On the return trip my son and I were walking ahead of my father-in-law. Suddenly my son says, "Dad, there's bear following us." I thought he was kidding but he said it again and asked me what was I going to do. Without turning around, because I was so tired, I said I'd poke it in the nose with my lock blade. It was then that I heard my father-in-law clapping his hands and yelling, "Shoo." I turned to look and sure enough, there was a black bear running off the trail. I guess that was a close one.

DerpyHooves209 said:
Awwww thats a bummer camping is sooooo much fun especially when you go with friends I recommend you do it at least once preferably near a lake.

Yeah, the weird part was we always had complete camping gear in a closet just waiting to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back