How do people react when you tell them/they discover you are ABDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtsInsideADream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm trying to picture how my friends/family would react if they knew, and I honestly can't say. I'm therefore interested in other people's stories, be they positive or negative.

Everybody is different and so obviously will have different views and opinions. Many would probably advise that in general, we not disclose this aspect of ourselves without need and this however can be tricky advice. For some, such as myself, there is indeed a need to share with a close friend or two, simply for the mental satisfaction of not having to feel like you're hiding a part of who you are.

I liken the need to tell as coming out as gay...if you feel strongly enough about this part of your identity then by all means tell who you must.

Of course...always be prepared for the negative reaction. Unfortunately, when actually faced with a person being told their friend enjoys wearing diapers, you never can accuarately gauge how a person will actually react. You generally have to decide for yourself, based on how well you know a person, how you think they will act and go based on that.

no one ive told has had a bad reaction to my face atleast but I learned it can be too early to tell someone your interested in tho lol that just puts you in the friend zone now im there diaper wearing friend they laugh at with there friends im sure

I've never exactly "told" anybody. "Admitted" is probably the right word. My wife found my diapers a few years back, and so I had to admit to liking them. It went ok. She was, I suppose, rightfully annoyed that I'd kept it a secret for as long as I had--nearly 13 years--but got over that pretty quickly. She's shown no interest, though. In the end, it all evolved into a sort of "don't ask, don't tell" policy, with my continuing to indulge in private. We did come to a (very reasonably) understanding that the kids were to remain in the dark about it all, and I've kept my diapers as well-hidden as possible.

Other than that, no. Not even my best friend, who's known me since I was seven years old, knows about my diapers. (And I was wearing even then.) In recent years, we've had a few conversations where we've exchanged weaknesses, life challenges, etc., and in hindsight I've often wondered whether these were missed opportunities to demonstrate faith in our friendship by sharing a real vulnerability. But I always conclude that, in fact, the time was not exactly right. Diapers are really an element of my sexuality, and sexuality isn't a topic for casual conversation. Not in my opinion, anyway. I'll wait for the other person to cross that line, then I'll say my part to break the tension. :)

Reactions: carstoncouche
I never told anybody but I had an old roommate who found out I was an AB/DL and he was cool with it and he wore them too but not that often. He didn't mind me acting AB/DL around him but I didn't do it too often.
I know other people who dislike and voiced their opinions against it. I was able to play it off after a joke after I slipped up a little bit. But as far as I know they do not know. I think they would have a negative reaction if they found out I wore diapers.
My parents have questioned me about it before but I was able to play it off. I know they will not like it cause they gave me a talk about how it was wrong and all that.

It usually ends up being a conversation about misunderstanding what being a diaper lover is... My mom never got upset. She just had a hard time understanding what a diaper lover is. I never told my dad ... Only my mom and sister ... They accepted me and it doesn't change anything. My life exes never understood... Ever. I'm glad I told my family.

My mom found out and was not cool with it in the slightest but after I moved out I told her I am who I am and no amount of complaining about it is going to change that fact I will wear whatever I want and do what I want since I'm an adult.

The only people I have ever told were also in the ABDL community, so they naturally reacted positively. My family doesn't know and neither do any of my non-ABDL friends.

I know my family well enough to know that them finding out would result in them being weirded out, incredibly confused, and then pretending that it doesn't exist. Same thing with the vast majority of my friends after being the butt of all jokes for months on end.

Let's see. Parents were weirded out, upset, and then pretended it didn't exist.

Random Internet friends have been positive and supportive. Even a couple outside the ABDL community. One IRL friend is comfortable with me wearing but not using when she visits my apartment. We don't really talk about it, but it's nice to relax when we're together.

When I came out and let it be known that I was bisexual, and that my rather strong sense of inner femininity made me feel more of being a femboi/sissyboi, that was enough for anyone that knew me to swallow. Considering I had children and grandchildren, that was a big enough shock for people to deal with. I thought it wise at that point not to make any mention of my secret passion of diaper and wetting pleasure/play.

10 years have now past and it was only in the past 16 months that I have fully come out in the open about this wonderful pleasure/play passion of mine. This openness is more one sided than anything at the moment for only a couple of trusted online friends are aware of this passion of mine, and respect it. I do have one very nice friend that did ask because he had spotted me at our local Walmart paying for a couple of packages of which one was noticeably of the diaper persuasion. When we got to together later in the week for a few pints I had forgotten about that moment at Walmart but he had not. It became apparent though after a nice large glass of beer he wanted to ask me something but seemed embarrassed/troubled.

I made mention of this and when he said he did have something to ask, I assured him that it was okay to ask me about anything. Well he did, and I truthfully answered him, telling him that one package was diapers, and the other package was pads to go with my diapers. The look of concern on his face at that point told me that he immediately thought that because of my age (still a young 63!) that I had somehow developed an incontinent problem. Without getting into any details I quickly told him that I wear diapers because I like to wear them, and that I enjoyed wetting.

He just nodded his head in puzzled understanding and nothing more has been said. We still meet for beers but I can tell he wants to ask more.:thumbsup:

I've never told anyone except my current girlfriend and she took it very well. I was extremely nervous, however, we were looking at moving in together and I felt I needed to let her know. She doesn't really share the same interests but is fine with me wanting to wear and is really understanding. I have never told any family or friends, and I don't think I ever would. I don't think any of them would really understand and I don't really feel the need to let them know.

No bad reactions so far. Mostly it turns into a Q&A session.

I told an Air Force friend (now dead, and, no, I didn't kill him after telling him). I think he liked young girls (he was Swedish, not that it matters...), so I think he just thought diapers were tame, considering his own proclivity.

I told a therapist, very specifically, since I was paying for help in resolving issues I was having with women and relationships, in my life. She honestly didn't tie it to my root issues, and the subject was dropped forever.

The friend told his wife, who I'm still in contact with. After not connecting for decades, early in our "catching-up" onversations, the topic was brought up, but I fairly rapidly changed the subject, since I was taken off guard. I wouldn't have minded discussing it, but I was off balance, at the time, and it's never come up again.

Of course, my then-GF, that became my wife, had to be told, long before a commitment was made. She was curious, but probably just thought of it as a single-man's masturbatory method, which would probably go away with marriage, right??? Wrong!

So, to deal with the basic question of whether to divulge, or not, I say, also, don't ask, don't tell. Consider how many of your friends/family/coworkers have divulged their deepest secret sexual desires to you, and you get your answer.... No one does. Keep it quiet, except from your partner. No one NEEDS to know, and it COULD screw up some good relationships, and, for what??? So you can wear? You can already wear....

Stealth. It goes a long way to keep the peace.

I'm never told any one about my AB side, the only people I have told are the people I have meat in person that are AB/DLs. and I don't think I will tell anyone. all my family knows is that I'm a bed wetter and use cloth diapers.

ceary said:
It usually ends up being a conversation about misunderstanding what being a diaper lover is... My mom never got upset. She just had a hard time understanding what a diaper lover is. I never told my dad ... Only my mom and sister ... They accepted me and it doesn't change anything. My life exes never understood... Ever. I'm glad I told my family.
Wow that story sounds like mine! I told my mom and she was confused by it, but she still loves me the same and treats me the same. I also told my Twin sister (she was the first to know back in 8th grade). I never told my dad mostly because he passes back in the summer before I started high school about 7 or so years ago. I have also talked about it with other friends of mine and met some other local AB/DLs locally. The only issue is that many of the local AB/DLs in my area are very anti-social and I hardly hear from them.

Thoughtsinadream :

When I started wearing diapers again, I kept thinking to myself " I wonder how my family and friends will react to the new, Jayme. I conveniently left the bathroom door open so that one of them would walk in and see me, but, of course, that didn't happen. So, onto plan B. We were all sitting down, and having a few drinks, when I had to pee real bad, and knew that I would never make it to the toilet, so I just let it go, into my diaper. My face gave away the fact that I was peeing in my pants because tears started to roll down my cheeks because I had to pee so badly. everyone wondered where the heck i had peed, until I stood up and theback of my jeans was totally soaked with pee. And everyone said they knew what was happening, and it didn't bother them in the least because this happens with their children.

Jaymegurl

Well I guess most people who have found out about my wearing diapers has given me a negative feedback. Comments like you're a freak, only babies wear diapers, your sick, you need mental help, I don't ever want to see you in those again, you need to get rid of those things..... These are but a few of the negative comments I've received over the years. At one time I actually needed them as I was a bedwetter. Now I've become used to them and enjoy them... I'm kinda emotionally attached.

I'm glad I've found people here who I can trust and connect with feels good to be accepted.

I've told most people close to me and of the ones I haven't told, I don't exactly hide it. If someone asks me why I dress like an oversize toddler I say, "exactly". Let them figure it out. I would tell someone if they asked from a genuine curiosity but I'd warn them first. Itwouldn't be from a place of personal shame, but some people might consider it TMI. I haven't told anybody that has reacted badly, though. Everyone has either been supportive or neutral. I haven't told my family. I just don't think they would care. If they ask me, I would tell them the truth. But, I don't live with them or anywhere near them really, so I guess I just don't really have a reason to tell them. I've already told them that I'm gay, that I'm pagan, I don't think this would shock them too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back