Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetting/Incon. likely to return in adulthood?

Default Bedwetting/Incon. likely to return in adulthood?

Anyone else had severe bedwetting / incontinence problems as a child and later it returned? Are we more prone to it?

Mine wasn't as bad between 15-21, but got worse again with the same urge incon, and bedwetting several times a week.

I was a chronic bedwetter all through my childhhod and my teens. I am back to nightly wetting again.

My urge incontinence (bladder and bowel) was worse as a young child, got better as a teen and then got worse again as a young adult. I've also flip flopped between night terrors and bedwetting issues while growing up. I partially blame some of my increased incontinence since my early 20's on permanent nerve damage from drug use. But, overall, I would say that yes, incontinence can come back with a vengeance later in life.

I was a bedwetter until age 12 and randomly in High School at age 16 it started again and 13 years later it hasn't stopped. I don't let it affect me too much.

Same here! Mine was light during my teens and mid twenties. Now in my mid thirties, its like I have no control. It got worst overnight. The daytime has also got bad were I started wearing IC Pads to work and out in public.

It is reassuring tosee I am not the only one who's childhood and teenage bedwetting came back as I got older.

I wear attends active slip pretty much 24/7 for accidents, making sure people dont notice is my only worry.

I was late to potty train (almost five), had LOTS of bedwetting trouble and daytime accidents growing up, it got better in my teen years, then started getting worse again and now I'm pretty much 24/7 wearing protection. Sounds like this is a common thing!

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    I was late to potty train (almost five), had LOTS of bedwetting trouble and daytime accidents growing up, it got better in my teen years, then started getting worse again and now I'm pretty much 24/7 wearing protection. Sounds like this is a common thing!
    very similar with me. I was 5 before I was out of nappies during the day and I continued to wet my bed all through my childhood and teenage years. I'm back to nightly wetting again now.

I come from a family with genetic bed wetting. All of my relatives both male and female were bedwetters.
    Potty training and day time control was usually between the ages of 3-4.
    Night time however was the age of puberty. For the girls this was between the ages of 9-11 and the boys 10-13.
    Other than the normal old age problems are any of the family incontinent.
    A few like myself have incontinence due to being wounded in the war.
    None that I know (other than myself) are DL/AB