Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WARNING GROSS!] Worms found in Huggies Diapers!

Exclamation [WARNING GROSS!] Worms found in Huggies Diapers!

WTF, this is from last October, but it's still worth talking about in a posthumorous sense. A mother found worms in a box of huggies last October, I really don't know how else to describe it, here's a link to the story: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.VQtYvjK9KSM

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    WTF, this is from last October, but it's still worth talking about in a posthumorous sense. A mother found worms in a box of huggies last October, I really don't know how else to describe it, here's a link to the story: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.VQtYvjK9KSM
    Meh, I wouldn't believe it. Does not seen secured or safe.

I'd assume that if this was real, there would be way more stories about this and perhaps even a lawsuit, or at least some sort of settlement. The person from the story is anonymous and there is no source backing them up. It just reeks of the same old horror myths you hear about on Snopes.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    I'm calling BS. Something as serious as that would be EVERYWHERE and Kimberly Clark would have made a PR statement. Don't believe everything you read online.

I looked it up and although there are several stories of the same thing happening to different people over the years, but none of the stories made it to any major news sources. Even though some of the articles I glanced at did have images. I really think they were faked somehow. If they were in there, I highly doubt that they were there from the beginning. That mom should have checked her own house first before pointing the blame to someone else. I'm sure most of the stories are completely fake.

http://www.snopes.com/business/consu...iesmaggots.asp

According to Snopes, they did make a PR statement but determined the worms/maggots were not present at the manufacturing process, simply because the diapers were manufactured in 2013, and there is no way they could have survived that long. It is very likely that the worms came from the woman's own house, and that she was trying to extort money out of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/business/consu...iesmaggots.asp

According to Snopes, they did make a PR statement but determined the worms/maggots were not present at the manufacturing process, simply because the diapers were manufactured in 2013, and there is no way they could have survived that long. It is very likely that the worms came from the woman's own house, and that she was trying to extort money out of the company.
    I also saw that article. Honestly, I'm not surprised if she was. In today's society, people try to sue each other over anything and everything. Even if it is something that seems so ridiculous.

any edible material (the absorbing pulp of wood/cotton) is sealed between the inner and outer layers of plastic. worms and maggots aren't likely to survive in dry and foodless places (nor would thier egg-laying parent be attracted to such), which is why they're normally found in soil, corpses and rotting vegetation.
    you may find them in soiled diapers, though.

"I went to change my baby's diaper and--OH MY GOD--there was POOP in it! I can't believe Huggies would sell diapers with POOP!" *looks in trash* "And--OH... MY... GOD!--all of these have POOP TOO!" *runs off to file lawsuit*

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    "I went to change my baby's diaper and--OH MY GOD--there was POOP in it! I can't believe Huggies would sell diapers with POOP!" *looks in trash* "And--OH... MY... GOD!--all of these have POOP TOO!" *runs off to file lawsuit*

Haha hit the nail on the head right there!