DLs who become incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtsInsideADream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any of you diaper lovers become genuinely incontinent? It may sound like a cruel irony but I keep reading about people who experience that same very thing. There must be a correlation, the odds are too steep otherwise. Any thoughts?

I think that those are people writing wish fulfillment stories. I have yet to see one from a trustworthy source.

I have always had a minor interest in diapers and a fear of wetting the bed. I am now dealing with an incontinence issue that my doctors have not come up with a reason for. Admittedly I have not pushed super hard because I don't want to take any drugs if I can help it. So yes it does happen in real life.

Maybe a person is starting to become incontinent so they remember how much they miss being in diapers and become DL and the incontinence would have gotten worse just as fast whether or not they were wearing diapers or underwear.

Any stories about this are no more than fantasy, there is no non-medical reason for a person to become incontinent. End of.

Not sure if bedwetting would be considered a form of IC but its something I've battled for many years and its a curse and a pain in the butt.

For me it was the other way round. I became incontinent and decided becoming somewhat a DL was the best way forward. I thoroughly enjoy my incontinence now and love being dependent on nappies.

boobybird89 said:
Not sure if bedwetting would be considered a form of IC but its something I've battled for many years and its a curse and a pain in the butt.

You know, a broad blanket statement like this is almost always able to be proven wrong. I sit here able to do that for you. I have been a DL for... as long as I can remember? For the last 3 or 4 years I've worn 24/7 because I can and I enjoy it. In the last 3 years I've peed in a toilet maybe 15 times and that might be a high estimate. I sit here, in a wet diaper, telling you I am in fact now urge incontinent. I could not sit through a movie, a long car trip, heck even get through my work day without protection. I get the urge to urinate, and within 15 minutes my diaper is wet. Yes I can control that wetting to some extent but make no mistake I go from no need to urinate to "GO NOW" in minutes. Look it up, that is the definition of urge incontinent.

Before you say it, I realize this may sound like a story I made up. That is your right, but I have no reason to make something like this up. Judge and accuse if you will. Really doesn't matter to me.

Most of the posts on this topic I've seen are "been wearing for years, no change". There's a few "I was a DL and then became IC for unrelated reasons", those seem about 50/50 split on "that made it easier" or "it's not as enjoyable now that it's required". And then there's a statistical blip of people that claim a very small loss of control, usually overnight. Hard to say which of those is to be believed. (I know I personally have gotten up a couple of mornings with an unexpectedly wet diaper, and for awhile at least, I thought it had been involuntary, but I've come to realize it was the result of a "not fully awake and didn't commit it to memory before drifting back off to sleep" issue)

My personal experience, being voluntarily diapered nearly 24/7 for the last two years has been of the first option above. It's came with some amount of inconveniences, and some benefits, which overall are probably about an even tradeoff. But then hey, diapers all the time! So in the end it's a pretty good win for me, imho.

Some people develop incontinence problems. Diaper lovers are people. Therefore, some diaper lovers can develop incontinence. We're a tiny, tiny group, so I wouldn't expect it to happen much but I don't have a problem believing it does.

I myself am a DL who has become incontinent years after the fact. I started wearing when I was 16 (1993) to deal with the stress of being abused (mentally only) by my family and everyone at school. But it was not until January of 2014 that I started to truly become incontinent. I was walking around a mall when I had a bowel accident. The first thing on my mind during that accident was how I seriously thought I should not wear a diaper that day to save money because I did not think I would need it. I changed my mind and got padded before heading out because I decided it could not hurt anyways. Since then I semi-recently got a diagnosis for urinary incontinence (severe urge incontinence mostly but I have a slightly deformed bladder as well). I am faced with a brutal decision now in that I take a diabetes medication that can give me diarrhea which also happens to be the only medication to have proven moderately effective for helping me with certain mental health issues. If I give up the Metformin I will be giving up the only thing keeping me functional enough to stay in society. Even if I stop taking the Metformin I will still have to deal with Urinary incontinence anyways so I am staying on Metformin for now. I'm just glad I can prove that I am IC through a doctor because I do get coverage for diapers through medicaid and it almost looks fraudulent that I get diapers for free outside the fact that I can back up what I say with a formal diagnosis from a GI doctor, and urologist, and my primary doctor.

Trust me when I say this. I never wanted to become incontinent but I am and it's not fun to deal with after all I have just got done going through. I almost blamed myself for being IC but I knew I should wait for a doctor to tell me that it was not all in mind so I was patient with that. Oddly when my primary doctor told me that yes you are not faking this it was actually a relief that was bittersweet for me. I will never again be the same person I once was but at least I avoided the shame and guilt of this nightmare. :sweatdrop:

Not sure if diaper lover are into this, but in the omorashi community there's a lot of 'holding'. (Holding your pee until you feel satisfied and often to the point of accidentally wetting.) I also have heard a few of these stories, and though I agree many of it seems people trying to fulfill their fantasies. However, I wonder if holding your bladder consistently can weaken it and lead to damage? :dunno:

It depends on how far you take it. Your bladder will shrink surprisingly fast if you use a diaper continuously for a few days. If you've diaper trained yourself to allow yourself to just go when you feel any pressure at all, it will atrophy fast. When you stop, you may have trouble holding your urine very long. This leads to a conundrum: fight through it for a few days and get your control back, or wear a diaper and lose it more. So yes, it's possible, and getting it back will be very unpleasant.

Well where do I begin. I wore nappies from around age 10,11. Just for the fun of it. I did wonder what if I had to wear or was caught, you know all those things many post about. Well time went by and I grew up over time I gave up on nappies and then went back to them. Met my wife (we went out together,on and off for almost 10 years, before we both found out about our secret). In 2006 fate dealt me a mighty blow. spine ripped apart at two places, left side paralises, ptsd. So to move on to now. Im pushed about in a chair (buggy), have side rails on my bed (cot),never left on my own (children need adult suppervision), Im on high levels of morphine, It works as pain killer and side effect gives constipation, I use folley cathetar to stop me wetting myself 24/7. So guess like my wife says It's like having a one - two year old around.Thank god I can still act and chat like an adult. Or I may have taken an overdose of meds by now. wanting to be AB/DL 24/7 and living there are very different. Im willinmg to chat with anyone who would like more information.

i think you quoted the wrong person

Kousei said:
Not sure if diaper lover are into this, but in the omorashi community there's a lot of 'holding'. (Holding your pee until you feel satisfied and often to the point of accidentally wetting.) I also have heard a few of these stories, and though I agree many of it seems people trying to fulfill their fantasies. However, I wonder if holding your bladder consistently can weaken it and lead to damage? :dunno:

Actually, holding it a long time tends to strengthen the muscles over time. It's more likely to improve bladder capacity.

NovaDL said:
It depends on how far you take it. Your bladder will shrink surprisingly fast if you use a diaper continuously for a few days. If you've diaper trained yourself to allow yourself to just go when you feel any pressure at all, it will atrophy fast. When you stop, you may have trouble holding your urine very long. This leads to a conundrum: fight through it for a few days and get your control back, or wear a diaper and lose it more. So yes, it's possible, and getting it back will be very unpleasant.

That's not incontinence. It might be very temporary incontinence as the result of habit, but from what I've read from others' accounts, even people that go 24/7 for a long time don't have much trouble switching back. At absolute worst, you wear diapers for a couple extra days while you do kegel exercises (basically practicing holding it or stopping yourself from peeing), which help strengthen the muscles. That trains the muscles back up and then you can take the diapers off.

Using the diaper for its purpose on a daily basis will create bladder issue as your body gets use to you wearing and wetting at will it will eventually start wetting on its own with out warning you first. If you wet on demand in the day but not at night then it is possiable to become IC or have no warning on when you pee and you will flood every time but probably not drip.

If there's a DR or urologist on the forums they would be able to say for sure it's possiable but after reading support forums there are more then a few who have said their condition is getting worse by wearing 24/7

I personally have Been diagnosed with a OAB and I can say for sure that my bladder has released more frequently after wearing for 5 months then it did when the issue first started to happen.

If may just be my original condition getting worse on its own or could be my body is getting use to the diapers being there when there was a flood. I still make it to the bathroom 85% of the time but it use to be more often that I made it on time.

If you want to wear no problem just don't use the diaper always go to the bathroom and you sould be fine, start using the diaper daily or even every other day and one day you will have no choice but to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back