DLs who become incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyCorry said:
Before you say it, I realize this may sound like a story I made up.

Hence why I said "not sure". Who am I to say you made it up?

After wearing for long periods of time for a while, I've gotten really really used to not paying attention to things when i'm in diapers, but it's nowhere near an actual loss of control. When I'm not padded I have next to no problems, save for maybe more frequent urges for a day or two afterward. Becoming incontinent from wearing diapers is not really something that happens outside of stories.

I do know a few people who previously struggled with continence issues who started wearing full-time and quickly lost whatever control they had, but that's a different case entirely.

My ex boyfriend had always loved diapers and was incontinent from wetting his pants too much and it took him two years to get his day time control back and then another two years for night time control. Then he was diaper free I think for three years and then he got in a car accident and hurt himself. It started out with him wetting the bed again and he just used towels and plastic bags and then he went back to wearing them at night in 1995 when he met his ex and then he started to have day time accidents for real and then started wearing 24/7. The condition in it back just got worse and worse leading to loss of bladder control. I met another man who also liked diapers and got in a car wreck and he was only a bed wetter and I told him maybe years down the road he will start having accidents in the day time too because that is what happened to my ex.

I do think this happens and it's a coincidence. Getting incontinent from wearing diapers doesn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

PadsnPullups said:
I found what NovaDL said to be pretty much true. I recently wore and used (wetting mostly) regular diapers 24/7 for almost three weeks. I tried to not hold back when I got the urge to go and I found that I was wetting much more often but with less volume. That actually worked out pretty good since it stopped me from flooding my diaper and causing leaks. When I stopped wearing diapers 24/7 I found that my body still wanted to wet more often than usual. For a few days I did have to fight the now more frequent "small urges" but it really wasn't all that bad and the regular pads and pull-ups that I always wear were enough to get me back to normal without any problems. I've got to say that due to BPH I normally do have some minor urge/OAB issues but I can usually control them well enough to get to the bathroom in time. However once I started wearing diapers the urge/OAB thing did seem to increase in frequency but clearly was not permanent.

For some reason I could never get rid of the often urge to go pee even when I did try and get my bladder used to having pee in it again. But now I wear them 24/7 again. I do get times when I don't have to go a lot because my body isn't making a lot of pee for some reason but that could be because I am dehydrated. Then I get times where I am going a lot as if my body won't stop making pee. But I have a diaper on so I don't feel the urge as much to go when I wear them. I still have control.

I can make it through a work day dry easy. Just don't drink any water that day. However before I started wearing that was the only way to stay dry. If I drank a descent amount of water I was having to pee in a can constantly or wet myself because I couldn't last three hours. I can last all night long or 3-4 hours during thr day still after wearing 11 months straight if I do not drink more than half a cup of water. I choose to stay padded because I like drinking a 20 oz bottle 3x a day and that much puts me going from every 30-90 minutes.

I was a bedwetter and wore diapers to bed off and on until I was about 10 yeaars old. I preferred the diapers to waking up in a wet bed and found them to be comfortable and soothing, but I wouldn't say I actually enjoyed them. Then when I was 14, I became incontinent as a result of a surgical mishap. When I had to start wearing diapers again, I hated it. Since that time, I've never been consistently dry at night and have worn diapers to bed because I still hate waking up in a cold, wet bed. My daytime continence improved to the point that I could generally stay dry in the daytime provided I had a bathroom close at hand. Thus, I was able to go without daytime diapers except for long car trips or other occasions when I didn't have a handy bathroom to use when needed. That lasted from shortly before I went away to university when I was 18 until I was in my mid-forties. At that point, my daytime control deteriorated again; and I've been in diapers 24/7/365 for the last 25 years or so.

When I first became incontinent at age 14, I quickly discovered that wearing and wetting a diaper produced pleasant, sex-related sensations. However, I found the idea of enjoying diapers disgusting and tried to suppress any positive feelings about it. However, not too long after having to go back to wearing 24/7, I saw an ad for something called the Diaper Pail Fraternity (DPF). That organization introduced me to the fact that some people enjoyed wearing and using diapers even though they didn't need them. And with the advent of the internet, I discovered much more about the AB/DL community. As a result, I sort of "gave myself permission" to enjoy the diapers I need to wear. At the present time and for the past several years, I have considered myself to be a DL. And enjoying the diapers that I need to wear is a lot better than "suffering from incontinence."

I realize that this thread is dealing with the question of DLs becoming incontinent, but I thought that it might be useful to say something about the opposite time sequence: some incontinent people can and do become DLs.

I would think that if you wore diapers non stop long enough it could cause incontinence. I really do not see why anybody would want to become incontinent. I still wet the bed sometimes and it's not all it cracked up to be cause half the time I do it I'm not in my own bed. Also why would anybody want to be incontinent, always carrying diapers around and needing to change your diapers at the most inconvenient times.

Agreed tall. It isn't fun...

Three pages, not a ton of time to read, but I'll share my thoughts.

I think that this issue is too broad for any blanket statement to be true for all AB/DLs. There are just too many factors.

For example, according to my doctor, I am a healthy male, a little overweight, but no major issues. I like to wear diapers whenever I get the chance, but have no documented medical need for them. I have had times when I have to go to the bathroom often or suddenly, but have no issues holding it. It is entirely possible that should my control wane even a little- such as just getting comfortable using my diaper, mentally training myself to just let go- it could medically be considered a form of incontinence.

If someone did not consider this beforehand, the obvious conclusion would be that the use of diapers caused the incontinence. It didn't, it just made an underlying issue more apparent.

One must also consider the fact that it is all controlled by your muscles, if you don't use them, they will become weaker; however, I find it hard to believe that anyone could go for a long enough period of time without flexing those muscles at all to cause enough atrophy to cause a real issue. Not saying it is impossible, just highly unlikely.

There is also the idea that any loss of continence is psychosomatic. . .losing continence because you are either desperate to do so, or honestly believe that you are losing control. . . you're not, but you think you are. This is the exact same affect that continence-related hypnosis could have on your body.

I am also certain there are people out there lying about their ailments or possibly just role-playing, good for them if it makes them happy, but we should just know to take all cases with a grain of salt. It could be true, it could not be, but even if it is true, it may not happen to anybody else.

i started acting on my Dl feelings at 5 years old..i used baby diapers and goodnites in secret till i was about 15. when i got in a serious relationship i started wearing again when my lady was fine with it and willing to let me diaper her to(she grew up wetting the bed, yah it was a strange conversation, i think she was just glad it wasnt anything actually weird) i got shot when i was 19 (spinal injury, but im fine for the most part)it only took me a day after i left the hospital to pee myself on accident, i only had about 3 seconds from when i felt like i had to go to when it happened since then i have had to use diapers or pullups to deal with it..generally im fine just on car rides when its hard to pull over in time the diaper/pullup is absolutely necessary..i generally use molicare super plus in small or large goodnites both let me live my life normally without anyone else noticing, i only pee so much when it happens so i dont need that much absorbency, for some reason most nights i dont wet regardless if i diaper or not..been thinking about finding a new lower profile diaper maybe one of the tena flex or slip..got a small pokemon dependico i have been using some too..the wife likes it, im kinda all about the disposables but also dont like destroying the world..

I'd say it's a gradient.

There's people who are IC and discovered they enjoy some aspects of their diapers, thus getting into being a DL.
There's probably DL's who through medical condition, accident or even overuse of diapers, became IC.
The last one is subject to fictitious wish-fulfillment stories, but I'm willing to believe it can happen, given enough time and use, with or without intent of becoming IC.
There's of course the factor of kink and fetish, perhaps created out of a traumatic experience relating to bedwetting, incontinence and wetting as a kid, to compensate. But that's getting very Freudian.

On the flip side, there's IC people who absolutely hate their condition and don't like wearing diapers, just have to.

So overall, I wouldn't say there's a correlation, each case is very different, and thus should be examined individually, not with blanket statements or generalizations. This is after all about the relation between mind and body, a very unique set of parameters exist for every single one of those in a given human being.

Maybe some of us are not sure what incontinent really means? I understand if you wet unconciously at night / cannot hold it 24 / 7 and it rushes out but what if you have accidents at night while sleeping say only once every other month? My first weeks in college had me having nightly accidents and I had to go back to wearing a snap-on diaper and plastic underpants. Some times I would wake up and think about heading to the bathroom but the local jerk in the dorm was always wrestling with someone in the hall at any hour of the night (yes he eventually failed out) so to escape him I ended up easing into falling back alseep when I had to go and naturally would wake up wet each morning. Eventually I could sleep through the night but occasionally I would still wake up wet in the morning so I always wore protection since I was never sure when it would happen and the security just helped me sleep better (plus an understanding roomate).

Nowadays I still feel secure wearing but it may be a couple of months before I wake up "on the verge" or already lost it a bit. I took the medication back in my 20's and hated the side effects; the doctor then told me to get used to wearing protection full time then if I did not take the pills. So an accident maybe 1 every 2 -3 months - I think this is just stress (as the doctor fell back on since he could find nothing medically) but I have removed my incontinent label.

I can see it being a bit odd to be DL and also want to be IC, just to me it'd seem the enjoyment from wearing diapers would diminish when you had to wear them rather then just being a choice. I can see it from a more AB side, again depends on the person, since it'd have a regressive element to it that some people would enjoy.

To people actually being IC from just wearing diapers, I have doubts that you actually do become IC. I have no scientific back-up or anything, just my own thoughts, but it seems/feels it is more a case of mental then physical change. You get used to wetting in a diaper, it seems plausible that it would take a bit of time to reprogram to not just go when you need to go. Hopefully that makes sense, I have nothing to back up these thoughts again, just been my latest feeling on the matter.

Oh and I'm not saying a DL can't enjoy wearing 24/7 or "losing control," just to me the DL and the "losing control" stuff is at odds with each other, but I'm not trying to make it seem like that is fact or anything, be interested in finding out more too. Oh and by DL, I'm looking a very specified definition of sexual attraction from diapers. If we go broader to enjoying or liking them, then makes a little more sense though still seems a bit silly to try to lose control but that's me.

I believe you entirely. I still had some control when I started wearing nappies all the time but soon lost it due to always going in my nappy. I can't hold for more than a few seconds now.

- - - Updated - - -

Rob110 said:
Using the diaper for its purpose on a daily basis will create bladder issue as your body gets use to you wearing and wetting at will it will eventually start wetting on its own with out warning you first. If you wet on demand in the day but not at night then it is possiable to become IC or have no warning on when you pee and you will flood every time but probably not drip.

If there's a DR or urologist on the forums they would be able to say for sure it's possiable but after reading support forums there are more then a few who have said their condition is getting worse by wearing 24/7

I personally have Been diagnosed with a OAB and I can say for sure that my bladder has released more frequently after wearing for 5 months then it did when the issue first started to happen.

If may just be my original condition getting worse on its own or could be my body is getting use to the diapers being there when there was a flood. I still make it to the bathroom 85% of the time but it use to be more often that I made it on time.

If you want to wear no problem just don't use the diaper always go to the bathroom and you sould be fine, start using the diaper daily or even every other day and one day you will have no choice but to wear.
Totally agree what control had diminished rapidly once I started wearing nappies all the time.

I became mildly incontinent after having my appendix removed; something about a complication during surgery. I was interested in diapers before the surgery, but actually had an excuse to purchase them afterwards. (^.^) Interesting how things work out, right?

I sometimes leak urine but I think that comes more from childbirth.

I am another that had no DL interest and became IC, then the Dl side of things kicked in, along with the appearance of my Little. I am in agreement that it is a fairy tale to start out DL and become genuinely IC from using diapers for whatever length of time. They can and will certainly make urgency and smaller amounts increase, but they won't make you IC. I also would not wish it upon anyone, it's a bother to NO end...

You can't call it incontinence, but every time I put on a diaper, I need to pee. I also wet myself very easily, If I'm distracted. I've worn diapers so much that my brain associates diapers with peeing. I sometimes have trouble peeing in public bathrooms but I can pee in diapers easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back