Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DLs who become incontinent?

Default DLs who become incontinent?

Any of you diaper lovers become genuinely incontinent? It may sound like a cruel irony but I keep reading about people who experience that same very thing. There must be a correlation, the odds are too steep otherwise. Any thoughts?

I think that those are people writing wish fulfillment stories. I have yet to see one from a trustworthy source.

I have always had a minor interest in diapers and a fear of wetting the bed. I am now dealing with an incontinence issue that my doctors have not come up with a reason for. Admittedly I have not pushed super hard because I don't want to take any drugs if I can help it. So yes it does happen in real life.

Maybe a person is starting to become incontinent so they remember how much they miss being in diapers and become DL and the incontinence would have gotten worse just as fast whether or not they were wearing diapers or underwear.

Any stories about this are no more than fantasy, there is no non-medical reason for a person to become incontinent. End of.

Not sure if bedwetting would be considered a form of IC but its something I've battled for many years and its a curse and a pain in the butt.

For me it was the other way round. I became incontinent and decided becoming somewhat a DL was the best way forward. I thoroughly enjoy my incontinence now and love being dependent on nappies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    Maybe a person is starting to become incontinent so they remember how much they miss being in diapers and become DL and the incontinence would have gotten worse just as fast whether or not they were wearing diapers or underwear.
    I pretty much agree with this. My drips/dribbles caused by BPH were getting worse and I started using pads and pull-ups to take care of it and some infrequent minor night time leaks. I then tried using diapers just for fun, and to control my worsening symptoms. Although I don't think I have ever "missed" being in diapers I found that I really enjoyed being in them and using them to wet in.

Quote Originally Posted by boobybird89 View Post
    Not sure if bedwetting would be considered a form of IC but its something I've battled for many years and its a curse and a pain in the butt.
    You know, a broad blanket statement like this is almost always able to be proven wrong. I sit here able to do that for you. I have been a DL for... as long as I can remember? For the last 3 or 4 years I've worn 24/7 because I can and I enjoy it. In the last 3 years I've peed in a toilet maybe 15 times and that might be a high estimate. I sit here, in a wet diaper, telling you I am in fact now urge incontinent. I could not sit through a movie, a long car trip, heck even get through my work day without protection. I get the urge to urinate, and within 15 minutes my diaper is wet. Yes I can control that wetting to some extent but make no mistake I go from no need to urinate to "GO NOW" in minutes. Look it up, that is the definition of urge incontinent.

Before you say it, I realize this may sound like a story I made up. That is your right, but I have no reason to make something like this up. Judge and accuse if you will. Really doesn't matter to me.

Most of the posts on this topic I've seen are "been wearing for years, no change". There's a few "I was a DL and then became IC for unrelated reasons", those seem about 50/50 split on "that made it easier" or "it's not as enjoyable now that it's required". And then there's a statistical blip of people that claim a very small loss of control, usually overnight. Hard to say which of those is to be believed. (I know I personally have gotten up a couple of mornings with an unexpectedly wet diaper, and for awhile at least, I thought it had been involuntary, but I've come to realize it was the result of a "not fully awake and didn't commit it to memory before drifting back off to sleep" issue)

My personal experience, being voluntarily diapered nearly 24/7 for the last two years has been of the first option above. It's came with some amount of inconveniences, and some benefits, which overall are probably about an even tradeoff. But then hey, diapers all the time! So in the end it's a pretty good win for me, imho.