Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are their cloth diapers like this?

Default Are their cloth diapers like this?

Okay. In most pictures I've seen of cloth diapers are the one with the buttons and the kind with the two pins on each side, but I've seen artwork of a cloth diaper that has one big pin and is wrapped in a different way. So just out of curiosity does this kind exist? If so, how do I make this specific cloth diaper?

Example: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13653213/

Only example I could find but I've seen multiple like this.

yes it all depends upon how you fold the diaper

Quote Originally Posted by mk1rage View Post
    yes it all depends upon how you fold the diaper
    Is their instructions I could see? When trying to google I only got the other two example.

You need something shaped like these http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Reu.../dp/B008V5LBHC . I can't find any that don't use Velcro but they will be contoured and very very wide in the top of the back and you just pull up the front then wrap the back around you and pin.

Look up "origami fold". I think that's what you're looking for. But there are a number of folds that result in a very narrow front and very wide back. Basically, that's what you need.

I think this is how mothers fold their baby diapers many years ago before they manufactured pre-folds. I think the pre-folds are superior, but if you're older like I am, the triangle fold brings back a lot of old memories. Mostly I'd seem them in old cartoons, and as a kid, I'd watch and want to be back in diapers.

Yeah, it's an origami fold, but you can't find safety pins big enough to fasten them.

I have tried that but seriously it's not really that comfortable. There are much better ways. I think it just looks good in drawings. And like kitter just said I don't think you could get pins big enough to achieve the look you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    Yeah, it's an origami fold, but you can't find safety pins big enough to fasten them.
    Trust me. I've seen some BIG safety pins.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I have tried that but seriously it's not really that comfortable.
    Agreed. One problem with the tri-corner thing is support. Think about it this way: If you only pin the diaper in the front center, only the center line of the diaper is going to provide any support. It will be very loose on the edges and through the folds of your crotch. Some people might like that, but I really prefer a snug diaper. This is the same reason why I think Snappis suck for adults--unless you use two of them, which defeats the purpose IMO.

And I don't think the adult-sized diaper pins are big enough to really solve this problem. You'd need like a 6"-8" pin or something. And at that point, the shaft of the pin would either be too thick to make it through the fabric, or two narrow and flimsy to hold its shape for long.

Bummer, dude.