Finally on my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceary

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi there! I have been a diaper lover for 10 years. I have been suppressing my diaper lover side for the longest time due to not being understood or accepted by family or spouses. Now I am single again and in my own home. I have an accepting mom, sister, and best friend. I live with my best friend... I have no issue with privacy or anything, but I can't get myself to wind down and enjoy life to the fullest yet... Maybe it will take a few more weeks? My main question is how do you know what diapers to try after buying the local store brands and name brands like Depends and Tena? I'm confused on what to try first: Molicare, Abena, Bambino, or Comfidry. I have seen sample packs but shipping is expensive... Or the packs are expensive. Any advice for a newbie?

Tranquility ATNs are cheap but good, Abenas are much better but a bit more expensive, and bambino and confidry are the best but most expensive is the advice I would give.

dry 24/7 are great (tapes sometimes do not hold and you need a bit of Ducktape) I tried Comficare a few weeks ago I normaly wear a medium dry 24/7 same with the Abena airs but with Comficare brand I had to go with the large as they are cut smaller then other brands

Always try the samples be for ordering and then try one package before ordering by the case I find samples are nice but I can never tell 100% it's the right size and feel with a single wear.

If you go with a Higher quality diaper like Dry 24/7 you will be better off then a cheaper brand like depends. You get what you pay for and if you are like me and need the protection better is always best. And if it's just to wear a higher end diaper is usually more comfortable and thicker

Are there any good discreet shipping sites that have sample packs? I have looked at some. Wearing clouds.com has it where you can buy samples for $10 for 5 types, up to $30 for 12 types of adult diapers including Bambinos ...however they don't have all the brands.

ATN and dry 24/7 are good starts.

diaperbuys.com is cheap and has free discreet shipping. You can get a pack of ATN's for less than $10. Another good place to buy diapers is northshorecare.com

Im really not a big fan of ATN they are cheap but not really all that absorbent

you cant go wrong with abena or dry 24/7 the A+ lvl 4 are good as well

Well for a diaper that's comfortable and fun to wear... ATN might be the first step toward longer wearing and absorbancy. I really want to ease into the better ones because I still have that antsy pantsy excitement/anxiety. When I get used to wearing them in general I'll have more fun and explore more brands.

When I was able to buy quality diapers I shopped around and ordered sample packs to try them out. You shouldn't have to worry about shipping because almost all of it is discreet.
I have found that Abena M4 is very popular and it is the best one for me and it is comfortable because I can wear it for a long time. You can also try dry 24/7 too and I found them to be the thickest ones. Try buying various sample packs to see what you like and don't like.

Also no one has mentioned the NS Premiums. Closely comparable to Abena imo, the M4 which has 14/pack and the NS Premiums have 15/pack for a slightly lower price. The ATN isn't one of my favorites as the plastic tears too easily. I still prefer Abena M4s and Dry 24/7 but NS Premiums might be worth a try as well if you're on a budget.

northshorecare.com, xpmedical.com and bambinodiapers.com do discrete shipping. Samples can be pricey but worth it imo as not to end up with oddly fitting diaper.

Personally, I'm rather a fan of Attends; they tend to be rather cheap per unit and they hold a decent amount. The Tranquility ATNs have tape issues, but I've noticed that to be the case with many of the plastic-backed diapers I've used. On the other hand, I really did like the Tranquility Smartcores. I know not many people here like the cloth-backed, but with these, I've not had issues with leaks, and I find that the fact that they're breathable makes them more comfortable for long-term use. They cost a couple bucks more, but they hold about the same as that ATNs.

Also, since I don't tend to mess, the fact that the tapes are re-fastenable makes them a little more ideal for my purposes.

But that's just me.

I've heard very little about cloth back vs plastic back. If the plastic back ones have tape.issues couldn't it be solved with diaper tape?

The ATNs have refastenable tapes now so maybe they've changed since he's tried them. I haven't had too good of luck after refastening them but if I don't do that I haven't had problems with the tapes.

Sometimes the tapes are no good after refastening on the Depends with tabs... that's the farthest I have gotten on diapers, so maybe it's worse than that with ATN.

No, you should try them, they are incomparable with depends. Just try to learn how to tape it right the first time. The second time can work it's just they've failed me when all I am wearing is a diaper so they have no support and I'm still wetting them a lot.

Parentgiving is one place I have seen with cheap samples but really a pack of them does not cost that much.

Especialneeds site has it where you can request a diaper sample free. I did so but it may take awhile. Thank you for the site info!

ceary said:
I've heard very little about cloth back vs plastic back. If the plastic back ones have tape.issues couldn't it be solved with diaper tape?
Most tape issues are user error. People tape it too tight, or they put their greasy fingers all over the tape or front of the diaper where the tape is going to stick.

Cloth backed is generally really nice with one exception: They try to be "breathable", which means they seep moisture (abena are the worst at this), feel kind of clammy to the touch, and let odors straight through.

My only advice, is try samples of the best named diapers. Then make an educated decision based on what you like best, and fits your needs and budget.

I ordered 4 samples of some molicare and atn. I can't wait to see what they are like... Cloth backs don't even sound enjoyable to me. I'm all for plastic.

If u got a new place just go nuts wit the diapers! Aslong as It dosent mess up your life!

ceary said:
I'm confused on what to try first: Molicare, Abena, Bambino, or Comfidry. I have seen sample packs but shipping is expensive... Or the packs are expensive. Any advice for a newbie?

Diapers are DEFINITELY cheaper by the case, but don't order any large quantities until you're more sure what you like, otherwise you'll end up with most of a case of diapers that don't fit or otherwise you don't like, and that's a waste.

I'd suggest starting with a reliable site like XPMedical and order individual bags of diapers to try out. Order ~3-4 at a time of different types and even different sizes. When you find something you like, go for larger / more economical quantities, but occasionally toss in an order for a couple sample bags of other types you might be interested in.

I like having a variety on-hand, sometimes I don't want to wear a thick diaper to bed, sometimes I want to try something different to work, etc. A variety I think helps prevent burnout.

After you get a stash established, look around for other options, things like buntewindel, dc amore, snuggies, etc. You may find something there you really like too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back