What do you think triggered your fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoughtsInsideADream

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've yearned to wear diapers as far back as I can remember, so I don't know where it all started.

I am told that as a toddler one day I chose to stop wearing and start potty training, but I have no memory of this. Maybe I had second thoughts?

I was bitten by a radioactive baby. Didn't give me any superpowers, just this overwhelming need to regress.

Thanks, radioactive baby.

I think this is one of those things that's very hard to know with any degree of certainty. It's too far back in our formative pasts for memory to be reliable and even if it was, why would something (whatever it is, our experiences aren't so unique, just our reaction to them) that happens to many children have that specific effect on us? My best guess is that I was born essentially looking for a kink. Through a combination of young life experiences, some of which I remember and some I don't, this one slid into place as the primary. Could have been better, could have been worse. It's just one of those crazy things about people.

For me it was heavy neglect and abuse and people treating me with disgust. I want to be about three so people will love me naturally, so I can have family, and so I don't have to worry about living up to anyone's misguided standards.

Cheekiness aside,

Why look for an origin? It's likely a mix of factors that we will never untangle. No two stories are going to line up, and even if you had a few hundred, all it would show is a loose correlation, nothing definitive or causal.

When we look back and list the factors we believe are somehow responsible for our being ABDL, it's rife with confirmation bias and maybe the unspoken assumption that if we can find out what caused this, maybe we can fix it. It doesn't work that way. You can't fix what is not broken.

Mattikins has a very good point of view in how to look at this question, but at the same time there is a bit of mental fun in seeing if you can or cannot maybe pinpoint some event in life that has caused the desire to wear diapers and enjoy wetting. Nothing in my early childhood as far back as I can remember sheds any light on that subject for me, but I do have solid memories of having dreams where I would be peeing because I had to go pee. But that was part of my dream and in reality I was wetting myself and the bed while still in the dream. This happened quite a few times during my teen years and while I caught a bit of flack about the ending results, not once were there any triggers to wake me up in time to actually use the bathroom.

But I do remember quite well that once I did wake up and found myself wet, the bed wet, I actually liked what had happened. Sometimes I would wake up shortly after those dreams to find myself feeling very warm and wet, and that I discovered quickly I really enjoyed. It is just a shame that it was many years later before I could actually enjoy the pleasure of wearing diapers/pullups and wetting with utter freedom.:smile:

For me 'why' is the most interesting and difficult question. But I see your point, there are some dark roads the question could lead down. But I think no matter what the facts are, there will always be some loopy looney 'christian scientists' who claim they can cure you.

I dunno, guys. The "why" is pretty easy for me.

I can remember having a very noticeable interest in diapers way far back (around 5 hrs old ish) and I was potty trained very early-- so I honestly can't think of one specific 'trigger' for myself. But I do know from talking to friends that it is entirely possible for there to be a sort of singular moment such as that that seems to have sparked off being ABDL.

MattiKins said:
I was bitten by a radioactive baby. Didn't give me any superpowers, just this overwhelming need to regress.

Thanks, radioactive baby.

So *that's* why I have this urge to spin a web after that Chernobyl spider bit me! Damn...

Not really 100% sure but I was an only child for a long time and it wasn't long after my brother was born that I tried it with one of his diapers. I was always fascinated by diapers and liked the whole diapering process with the powder and lotions.

Mine is crystal clear. I was four years old and we were at our traditional Thanksgiving Day parade. I was having a good time when all of sudden, a giant Baby Huey balloon turned the corner and came down the street. I was so scared and traumatized that I immediately wet my pants. My mom said, "What, are you a little baby who needs diapers?" Yes, that's all it took.

Okay, just kidding, but the thought was to good to pass up. I do have some personal conjecture. I was adopted at the age of 2, and I think I may have spent some time in an adoptive agency orphanage. This would have been the late '40s into 1950. I'm not sure what may have transpired as potty training.

I do remember my light bulb moment, the exact moment when I knew I wanted to be back in diapers, and I was 4 years old. It was after supper and I was running around the house saying da-da, over and over again. My mom had told me to stop talking like a baby a number of times, but for what ever reason, I continued. Finally she told me that if I didn't stop and start acting like a big boy, she was going to put me back into diapers, and if I thought she was kidding, she still had my diapers.

I remember really wanting to be in diapers and plastic pants, but my parents where having company over that night, and I didn't want to be embarrassed, wearing a diaper, so I said no, and stopped saying da-da. The thought of wearing diapers however, never left me. But like Trevor said, everyone has a different associative story, something I find very interesting.

I honestly think that if I have to give a reason it would be that I was potty trained really early so much that I don't remember being in diapers and never went through the pull up stage at least not that I can recall. I've always wondered what they felt like. There are a few events I can think of.

There was a time in preschool I heard another kids diaper. Another time I was playing teacher with a neighbor kid when I was younger and she warned me in character that she would put babies back in diapers. Another time I was at a gas station when a clearly abusive mother led her like 5 or 7 year old kid into the store with nothing but a diaper on. I remember mom being mad about it but was too young to put two and two together as to why she was mad. and then there a bunch of ties that dad threatened to put me back into diapers. I think every parent in the 90's tried that bluff I remember mom kept old baby diapers (that I know now wouldn't even fit me at the time at least not very well) just to keep the threat valid.

I don't think any of those did it though I'm pretty convinced if it's anything it's that I wasn't in diapers long enough.

Solemn said:
For me it was heavy neglect and abuse and people treating me with disgust. I want to be about three so people will love me naturally, so I can have family, and so I don't have to worry about living up to anyone's misguided standards.

I know where you are coming from friend.
I was mega abused and neglected by my profoundly mentally-ill Mother throughout my childhood.

I was reading an ABC book with a baby in a diaper on the "B" page around 3 years old, and I had the desire to wear diapers and act like a baby for no reason. I was potty trained normally at 2 and had no known previous triggers. I had read the book many times before, but for some reason on that day I just really wanted it, and it stuck ever since.

I have told this before, but here is a short version again.

I was diaper disciplined by my older cousin for having "unfortunate" accidents because of my touchy gut and I thought I only had gas. Then when it happened after that I thought I was going to be put back into diapers again and it progressed form there

I believe much of it comes from genetic predisposition. Your personality type, genes, upbringing, childhood living conditions/circumstances, and pretty much everything that formulates you as a person, contributes to it. There is no sole event or cause responsible.

TL;DR version: My parents didn't hug me enough, so I grew up into a sad pervert.

Solemn said:

Me too, I also think it sparked the interest in dogs and cats due to the same reasons, it's a lot better now but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back