I need help finding a breathable diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn

Est. Contributor
Hiya. I'm autistic and as such, I deal with habituation issues. I am too sensitive to my bladder at night and my senses will prevent me from sleeping even if my bladder is pretty much empty sometimes. Getting out of bed many times a night to use the restroom when I don't actually have to go just adds to my already-plenty reasons that I'm an insomniac.

I tried to wear ABU Cushies in the past, but they just don't breathe well. So I'm looking for a breathable diaper that I can wear overnight. I don't care whether it's a babyish one or a proper adult one, as long as it can hold a night's worth of urine without leaking and it can breathe well. Extra points for it not being a slip-on, for it not being too thin, and-- if possible-- for it being any kind of babyish. But holding a night's worth of urine and breathability are vital. Thanks.

Hey, as you are talking about ABU Cushies I am guessing you are not in the uk? Otherwise I would tell you that Tena Comfort FINALLY got rid of their plastic backs and went breathable.

Good news for me, bad news for you guys that want that crinkly feel/ sound.

I do like the paper crinkle that babies these days get to enjoy. Maybe when ABU is back up, I'll be able to enjoy Cushies with Cloth-Like Cover.

Is Tena any good for overnight stuff? I haven't looked into them.

Abena and Northshore Care both make excellent high absorbency diapers that are available either plastic or cloth. I prefer the plastic, but the same variety is available in the breathable (which is sort of a misnomer... while there is perhaps some breathability in the wings the cloth-like covering covers plastic where it matters by necessity.

Your best bet is the Northshore Supreme diapers.

Solemn said:
I do like the paper crinkle that babies these days get to enjoy. Maybe when ABU is back up, I'll be able to enjoy Cushies with Cloth-Like Cover.

Is Tena any good for overnight stuff? I haven't looked into them.
Tena are good for cover if you don't pee like a racehorse. Ie - fast and lots of it.

(Before they catheterised me I was suffering with retention and incon at the same time, and so my bladder was filling up to about 800-1000ml (unfortunately i am not exaggerating) and then suddenly the flood gates would open and I don't think ANY pad/diaper would cope with that.)

I really like the abena abriform breathable diapers. I live in Arizona so sometimes less breathable diapers get very hot in the summer months, and the breathability of these diapers really help with that, so they might help you too.

Last edited:
Has anybody here used NorthShore AirSupreme taped diapers?

These may be what you are looking for.......The Ultimates or Comfort Fits from Tena. The are of the underwear/brief style and are classified as able to deal with "heavy" leakage. I have used them overnight as I like the freedom to wet in comfort and have no worries. Both styles are comfortable, have a good snug fit around the legs, odor protective and breathable. I do believe you can still go to their website and order a free sample kit, so maybe you should give that a try before spending any money.:smile:

hosr63 said:
These may be what you are looking for.......The Ultimates or Comfort Fits from Tena.

I don't see any Tena products by those names.

Solemn said:
I don't see any Tena products by those names.

Highly possible that they are a Canadian product. I did do a link posting and at the moment it is being checked over which is fine.

Have you considered cloth diapers? Is it within your ability to take care of cloth diapers, because they are great, and they don't get sweaty on the skin. You have to either get the right type of plastic pants that are comfortable, or you can get some all in one diapers that you would probably want to add some extra padding too afterwards. I would recommend dependeco diapers for all in ones, and adultclothdiaper.com for pin on diapers. If you need extra padding then just get some cloth baby diapers at wall mart to use for stuffers. Its an option anyway.

I would not consider cloth diapers. I cannot discreetly clean them at this time, I wouldn't want to clean them, and they're not really modern enough for me.

Solemn said:
Has anybody here used NorthShore AirSupreme taped diapers?

I have, and their quite capacious. I still prefer the fit and feel of the Dry 24/7, but if you want a "cloth" diaper, those AirSupremes are pretty darned good.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
I have, and their quite capacious. I still prefer the fit and feel of the Dry 24/7, but if you want a "cloth" diaper, those AirSupremes are pretty darned good.

Thanks. I will consider them. I'm still looking to sample other breathable diapers too, but I need to know the U.S. names of them.

Abena air plus diapers are great I use the M2 for day time as they are absorbent and not to thick but have tried the Level 4 and they are a bit thicker but not to bad and you get the extra absorbency so orders trial pack,in your size of both levels to see what one works best for you. Or do what I have done in the past try a pack of each once you find your correct size with the trial pack. Once you find the one you like order by the case to save money.

I ordered a bag of the Seni from XP just to see. They're OK, but they don't seem much better than the stuff avaiable cheaper.

So... I know I'll sample NorthShore AirSupreme. Are there any Tena or Abena diapers that I should sample?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back