Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help finding a breathable diaper.

Default I need help finding a breathable diaper.

Hiya. I'm autistic and as such, I deal with habituation issues. I am too sensitive to my bladder at night and my senses will prevent me from sleeping even if my bladder is pretty much empty sometimes. Getting out of bed many times a night to use the restroom when I don't actually have to go just adds to my already-plenty reasons that I'm an insomniac.

I tried to wear ABU Cushies in the past, but they just don't breathe well. So I'm looking for a breathable diaper that I can wear overnight. I don't care whether it's a babyish one or a proper adult one, as long as it can hold a night's worth of urine without leaking and it can breathe well. Extra points for it not being a slip-on, for it not being too thin, and-- if possible-- for it being any kind of babyish. But holding a night's worth of urine and breathability are vital. Thanks.

Hey, as you are talking about ABU Cushies I am guessing you are not in the uk? Otherwise I would tell you that Tena Comfort FINALLY got rid of their plastic backs and went breathable.

Good news for me, bad news for you guys that want that crinkly feel/ sound.

I do like the paper crinkle that babies these days get to enjoy. Maybe when ABU is back up, I'll be able to enjoy Cushies with Cloth-Like Cover.

Is Tena any good for overnight stuff? I haven't looked into them.

Abena and Northshore Care both make excellent high absorbency diapers that are available either plastic or cloth. I prefer the plastic, but the same variety is available in the breathable (which is sort of a misnomer... while there is perhaps some breathability in the wings the cloth-like covering covers plastic where it matters by necessity.

Your best bet is the Northshore Supreme diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemn View Post
    I do like the paper crinkle that babies these days get to enjoy. Maybe when ABU is back up, I'll be able to enjoy Cushies with Cloth-Like Cover.

Is Tena any good for overnight stuff? I haven't looked into them.
    Tena are good for cover if you don't pee like a racehorse. Ie - fast and lots of it.

(Before they catheterised me I was suffering with retention and incon at the same time, and so my bladder was filling up to about 800-1000ml (unfortunately i am not exaggerating) and then suddenly the flood gates would open and I don't think ANY pad/diaper would cope with that.)

http://xpmedical.com/seni.html From what I hear, these are the bees knees, if you like tape ones. I hear they smell like lavender, which screams baby to me, but in a different way. Or http://xpmedical.com/abriform-premium.html or http://xpmedical.com/deltaform.html

I really like the abena abriform breathable diapers. I live in Arizona so sometimes less breathable diapers get very hot in the summer months, and the breathability of these diapers really help with that, so they might help you too.
    Last edited by Sententeki; 17-Mar-2015 at 04:42.

These may be what you are looking for.......The Ultimates or Comfort Fits from Tena. The are of the underwear/brief style and are classified as able to deal with "heavy" leakage. I have used them overnight as I like the freedom to wet in comfort and have no worries. Both styles are comfortable, have a good snug fit around the legs, odor protective and breathable. I do believe you can still go to their website and order a free sample kit, so maybe you should give that a try before spending any money.