I Need Some Help Designing My New Furry Nursery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitterdafoxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
As many of you remember, I actually made a nursery a while back and it is very cute and all, but I'm looking to improve it a bit more since I'm getting around $600.00 from selling a couple collectibles I have. The hardest parts were completed months ago and just need a couple of improvements until the are completely usable and cub safe (I'm gonna try and attempt to make it as safe as a real nursery too!). For instance, my nursery used to be a guest bedroom many years ago and still has both beds intact and in great shape (we haven't had guests since before I was even born, so it has been a storage room all my life), I converted the higher bed into a changing table by throwing a quilt on top of it and adding some pillows as bumper pads. Ideally, I would like to get a softer covering and cover any sharp edges of the frame with foam, that will cost me around $20.00 at most since I'm gonna make the covering my self and go to Home Depot for the foam. Speaking of coverings, there is a fabric store in my town that deals heavily in animal themed fabrics (paw prints more than anything), and I would like to get some rainbow paw print fabric since it's gender neutral and still cute as hell (rainbow means multi colored paw prints on a white background by the way). I'm also gonna get the same fabric and use it to make a custom bedding set (2 pillow cases, a non-fitted sheet, and a nice large blanket), in addition to bedding sets, I will probably get enough to make another cute pre-fold. The fabric will cost me around $60.00 I think, so I still will still have at least $500.00 left over to do the other renovations. I'm looking to get a cute area rug too since they're only $20.00 at Walmart and the hardwood is beaten up after 25 years of being used as a storage room and I really don't think hardwood would match the look I'm going for. I'm gonna go around to thrift shops too so I can get myself an actual crib high nightstand that is not beaten up like my current one is (I'll Paint it a nice gender neutral color, but I haven't been able to think of any gender neutral colors that match the look I'm going for, I'm gonna try and look for paw print stencils too, or I'll just make my own if I can't find some in stores). My crib is actually the old day bed that was used to hold boxes for many years, I just turned it to the wall so that the back keeps me from falling off and hurting myself (I have always been prone to falling off beds, but I never wake up when I fall unless I land on something). I actually dragged my old playstation (original gray slab) out from storage so that it looks kinda retroish (I'm going for an early 90's time period look if that makes any sense). I'm still thinking about what else to get and would hate to be missing anything important, so that's why I'm asking for you guys help.

How about some cute wall paper for the room? you could probobly find some sort of animal themed nursery print somewhere.

Paddedwolf said:
How about some cute wall paper for the room? you could probobly find some sort of animal themed nursery print somewhere.

I wish that was possible, but alas, the walls in the room are plaster and wallpaper is VERY stubborn about adhering to plaster since it's such a weird texture. A border for the wall would work though (you know, those paper strips that go around the entire length of the room?), but I'm really hard pressed to find an animal themed border in my part of the country (it's the Midwest, not many people have borders as say, Arizona or California).

We found borders at Lowe's and Home Depot. What they don't have in stock, they can order. We found a baby animals, Noah's Ark one for or son when he was a baby.

zipperless said:
We found borders at Lowe's and Home Depot. What they don't have in stock, they can order. We found a baby animals, Noah's Ark one for or son when he was a baby.

That's good to know since ALOT of supplies are gonna be sourced from those places (paint, foam, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back